JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.03.2021, 18:23
I will play nice!

Default Linkgrabber stops adding videos after reaching 100 [Youtube]

Hey everyone. Could you please help me out?

Every time I try to download a large Youtube channel the link-grabber stops adding links after reaching video 100. (I enabled that it add numbers to the videos)

This happens for both large channels and playlists. I also tried using the portable versions of JD2 and different computers, same issue. (When going to linkgrabber, pressing "add links" bottom left and then inputting a channel or playlist URL of Youtube. Then search playlist.)
[Url to test out, sfw: youtube.com/c/DailyDoseOfInternet/videos]

Is there a way to increase this limit to 1000?

Thanks for the help
Old 22.03.2021, 00:26
Linkgrabbing Monster

it is allready know bug they are working on fixing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
Hey everyone. Could you please help me out?

Every time I try to download a large Youtube channel the link-grabber stops adding links after reaching video 100. (I enabled that it add numbers to the videos)

This happens for both large channels and playlists. I also tried using the portable versions of JD2 and different computers, same issue. (When going to linkgrabber, pressing "add links" bottom left and then inputting a channel or playlist URL of Youtube. Then search playlist.)
[Url to test out, sfw: youtube.com/c/DailyDoseOfInternet/videos]

Is there a way to increase this limit to 1000?

Thanks for the help
Old 25.03.2021, 18:58
Vacuum Cleaner

Default Youtube playlist not processsed if it has many videos

Hello everyone, I want to download some youtube playlists that i have saved in the site, it worked ok with one with 20 videos, it missed a few videos in an 80+ video list, it doesn't work at all when i try it with a 200+ video playlist. I have tried copying the address of the playlist, also with copying the address of a video in the playlist and choosing whole playlist processing not just video.

Is there a solution? (except for the tiring solution of copying each video link separately)
Old 26.03.2021, 11:58
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.03.2021, 14:44
Wind Gust

After a yt download is successfully completed (with subtitle SRT file) and the download path of the package is changed to a different directory, the SRT file is left behind if the old directory.
The GUI shows the new path for the subtitle file correctly, but on the filesystem it stays in old directory.
All other files are moved properly to the new directory.

Cheers, Mav

Last edited by mav; 27.03.2021 at 19:38.
Old 27.03.2021, 15:46
JD Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
Hello everyone, I want to download some youtube playlists that i have saved in the site, it worked ok with one with 20 videos, it missed a few videos in an 80+ video list, it doesn't work at all when i try it with a 200+ video playlist. I have tried copying the address of the playlist, also with copying the address of a video in the playlist and choosing whole playlist processing not just video.

Is there a solution? (except for the tiring solution of copying each video link separately)
Generally I think it is. But I did not test it.

You will probably need to add an event script (or whatever it is called) that crawls all downloadable files from YT list, and checks if any of them are on Your disk already (with the exact same name as downloadable files). Maybe the crawler will continue without counting it.
Old 27.03.2021, 19:34
Wind Gust

Default jd changes yt video ID: _ to space

jd changes yt video ID: _ (underscore) to " " space

e.g:
youtube: nbNES_tWfX8
jdownloader: nbNES tWfX8

:outch:
Old 28.03.2021, 21:07
Vacuum Cleaner

So, it is a known issue. Anyone knows how much time it will take to have it fixed? I am asking in order to copy-paste the links by hand, because Youtube is deleting videos fast, i have already lost 11 videos out of a 200 link playlist!
Old 29.03.2021, 00:41
Linkgrabbing Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
So, it is a known issue. Anyone knows how much time it will take to have it fixed? I am asking in order to copy-paste the links by hand, because Youtube is deleting videos fast, i have already lost 11 videos out of a 200 link playlist!
their are way to do it if you use google crome and download a plugin called link knipper

then scoll down to putting of the channels with all the videos you want them tell link knipper to export all the links to txt file thern copy and paste them all into j downloader at once simple how i have been doing for a long time now works well
Old 29.03.2021, 16:17
JD Manager

@mav: where does this happen? worked fine here and tested videoID in filename as well
Old 30.03.2021, 17:02
JD Addict

Post A little workaround to download all YT videos from a channel

This is just a workaround for downloading ALL videos (i.e. more than a 100 restriction) from YOUTUBE.
In a few steps we can achieve this, without big effort:
  1. In Firefox install this addon (Chrome has the same I believe) and enable it (if it's not):
    HTML Code:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/regexsearch/
  2. Go to desired YT channel, next go to /videos page (to show a lis of videos).
  3. Scroll down as many times as You can (until You see the last video - a screen will be updated everytime You scroll down) - now all links should be visible.
  4. In the RegexSearch addon (when You click the icon in the extensions list) You will need to enter the regex to detect ALL videos from the channel - You can use for example this one:
    Code:
    href\=\"(\/watch\?v\=[A-Za-z0-9\-\_]+)\"\>
    -this gets all needed links to videos (some videos can be additionally added as it searches for all videos on the page, so some suggested videos could be detected as well, but You can remove them later, does not matter). Before clicking the "search" buttton remember to tick the "Global" radio button - it says that we want ALL results to be detected, not just the first one. And then hit "SEARCH'.
    **External links are only visible to Support Staff**
  5. Copy and pase links (You can hit COPY button) from the field under "Result", and copy into Your favourite text editor (word ? notepad ? whatever). We will need to edit links so the JD crawler will detect them later.
  6. In Your editor replace ALL (depending on the text editor You use, just hit CTRL + H or any other)
    HTML Code:
    /watch
    to :
    HTML Code:
    https :// www . youtube . com/watch
    (To make the link visible I neede to make spaces between dots, sorry, but You don't do this, You need to make it a normal link, without spaces).
  7. The last thing to do, after replacing all links, You need to CTRL + A (select all) and simply CTRL + C (copy to clipboard). Now JD will get links into the list.

If You want, You can prepare some packagizer tools to choose a specific folder or name Your packages in a specific way.
There are probably some other plugins/addons to browsers like Firefox/Chrome etc.. but I did not have time to test or search for the shortest solution. This is my shortest one.

Last edited by elvis_ef; 26.04.2021 at 13:09. Reason: a little note, updated tutorial
Old 31.03.2021, 01:41
Wind Gust

Quote:
@mav: where does this happen? worked fine here and tested videoID in filename as well
Comment for [SU] is misleading - replace space with underscore
actually the opposite happens - underscores are replaced with spaces

SU is usefull for sure, maybe [US] (underscore to space) would be helpful as well

I used [SU] in Package Name:
*CHANNELNAME* *DATE[yyyyMMdd]* *VIDEO_NAME* *VIDEOID[SU]*
Old 31.03.2021, 12:54
JD Manager

@elvis_ef: Thanks for nice step-by-step workaround !
@mav: SU does *replace space with underscore* but for package names there is additional cleanup in use that removes the underscores. You can disable it in Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.cleanupfilenames

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.03.2021 at 13:03.
Old 31.03.2021, 17:48
Mega Loader

Default YT Seltsame Anzeige von Links im Linksammler

Seit ein paar Tagen werden einige Links im Linksammler auf diese Weise angezeigt: Siehe Anlage!

Mein Log Protokoll:
21.03.21 20.46.47 <--> 31.03.21 16.41.12 jdlog://3689725302851/
Attached Thumbnails
Linksammler.jpg  
Old 31.03.2021, 18:09
JD Manager

Es fehlen die Titel. Betrifft das alle oder nur bestimmte? Kannst du BspLinks geben?
In den Plugineinstellungen evtl am Dateinamen Pattern was geändert oder Packetverwalter Regel?
Old 31.03.2021, 20:02
Mega Loader

Genau, bei manchen Downloadlinks - nicht bei allen - fehlen die Titel.
Hier ein Beispiel: "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Es erscheint im Linksammler: (1080p 30fps H264-128kbit AAC) + (192kbit AAC)

In den Plugeinstellungen am Dateinamen Pattern wurde nichts verändert.
Auch am Paketverwalter nicht.

Last edited by rapido; 31.03.2021 at 20:06.
Old 31.03.2021, 22:04
JD Beta

in the last two days i've some problem downloading some of the videos from youtube (i've already found a workaround)

in my subscription tab, i usually copy the link of the videos i'm interested with right click + copy address (for me, it woukl be right click + z)
some of the links are grabbed correctly, other ones are displayed on the grabbing menu as a noname file

the workaround would be copy the links of the video\videos that give this error and then re add them manually after deleting the mp4 noname file that was added before

this are 4 links that give me the error but as i told you before it shows up only if you copy the link from the subscription tab (at least i can assure you that 100% only for that tab)

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

here's the log

31.03.21 21.03.35 <--> 31.03.21 21.04.25 jdlog://7789725302851/

QUICK EDIT: now the workaround doesn't work at all, the videos aren't grabbed properly even with that.

Last edited by beronz; 31.03.2021 at 23:35.
Old 01.04.2021, 00:33
DSL Light User

Default No YT files names in the link grabber since today

Since today there's something seriously wrong in regards to downloading YT videos.

1) The video/audio etc. files show up in the link grabber, but without the file names! That makes them unusable unless you copy each single file name onto the links in the link grabber by hand - which takes just too much time. Somehow the hoster sign in the link grabber also changed - now it doesn't say YT but shows the "Google" logo.

2) If somebody could help me getting this fixed - how can you download a whole playlist and KEEP the order in which the playlist lists them - without JD downloading them, let's say into the same folder, in which they show up not in the original order but only alphabetically?

Geez - I hope it's just my stupidity. If not, then YT/Google are seriously cracking down on us downloaders...

I try to attach a screenshot - just (1080p 60fps H264-128kbit AAC) instead of the file name showing up.

Help? Prettyprettyplease? ;-)

Cheers,

FC
Attached Images
File Type: png YT - no file names.png (153.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01.04.2021, 06:36
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno4566 View Post
their are way to do it if you use google crome and download a plugin called link knipper

then scoll down to putting of the channels with all the videos you want them tell link knipper to export all the links to txt file thern copy and paste them all into j downloader at once simple how i have been doing for a long time now works well

I didn't find a plugin with this name in Chrome extension store.
Old 01.04.2021, 06:41
Mega Loader

Ein Nachtrag:

Inzwischen erscheinen ALLE Downloadlinks in dem vorgenannten verschlüsselten Modus ohne jeden Titel.
Old 01.04.2021, 08:24
Wind Gust

Quote:
@mav: SU does *replace space with underscore* but for package names there is additional cleanup in use that removes the underscores. You can disable it in Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.cleanupfilenames
Thanks for the guidance - disabling GeneralSettings.cleanupfilenames worked.
Old 01.04.2021, 09:59
Junior Loader

Default Youtube problems

Guys,

from this morning every link i import from youtube I get only a general srt and mp4 file, instead of the name of the video

Till yesterday it was working perfectly, today all video I try to import i get this (last 2 lines)

I upgraded Ijdwonlader at last version...

Thanks
Old 01.04.2021, 09:59
Baby Loader

Hallo!

Ich habe das selbe Problem. Ich habe es auch im Support Chat angesprochen, und nicht alle Benutzer scheinen das Problem zu haben.

Sehr verdächtig.

Edit: English Translation:

I have the same problem. I already mentioned it in the support chat, and it seems that not all users have this problem. Very suspicious.

Last edited by DubioserKerl; 01.04.2021 at 11:23.
Old 01.04.2021, 10:40
Community Manager

Merged YT threads...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.04.2021, 11:59
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCouples View Post
1) The video/audio etc. files show up in the link grabber, but without the file names! That makes them unusable unless you copy each single file name onto the links in the link grabber by hand - which takes just too much time.
Came here to report this, now to confirm this. More specifically, for me:

*DATE*
*CHANNEL*
*TITLE*
do not get parsed

*ID*
*RESOLUTION*
*FPS* (etc)
do still get parsed

Interestingly, this started a long time ago but I could usually fix it by simply adding the same link once again. Over the course of yesterday it became worse and today title/channelname parsing - as well as playlist/channel parsing! - finally stopped working completely.*

Quote:
Somehow the hoster sign in the link grabber also changed - now it doesn't say YT but shows the "Google" logo.
Also confirmed ... I didn't even notice :D (it happened to other plugin icons before so I basically ignore it)

Quote:
2) If somebody could help me getting this fixed - how can you download a whole playlist and KEEP the order in which the playlist lists them
Settings » Plugins » youtube.com » Filename for Video files (sic!)
use *VIDEONUMBER* or *PLAYLIST_POSITION*
use *VIDEONUMBER[000]* for triple digit numbers

Recommendation:
I used the above earlier but then switched to
*DATE[yyMMdd]*
which is way more helpful (and the key feature that makes JD2 - as far as it works, see persistent playlist issue discussed above - still superior to 4k VD which doesn't even have numbering ).

Quote:
without JD downloading them, let's say into the same folder, in which they show up not in the original order but only alphabetically?
When using
*DATE[yyMMdd]* *CHANNEL* • *TITLE*
or
*CHANNEL* *DATE[yyMMdd]* • *TITLE*
you don't even need folders anymore.

The cherry on top, for me personally, would be the ability to parse channel names and convert them to initialisms - examples:
Linus Tech Tips —> LTT
ImperialJedi —> IJ

This could even be automated, but unfortunately would fail in many cases - examples:
Half as Interesting —> HI (instead of HaI)
JayzTwoCents —> JTC
JayzTwoCars —> also JTC
Czardus —> C (unusable)
Bitwit —> B (unusable)

Therefore a user defined lookup table for the channel name conversions would be inevitable.

Quote:
Geez - I hope it's just my stupidity. If not, then YT/Google are seriously cracking down on us downloaders...
In case you are referring to 1)
Youtube has given the JD devs a hard time by screwing around with title and date formats ever since. [* For example, during writing this I discovered channel parsing for some channels works (again?), but for my major channels it still doesn't.]
In case you are referring to 2)
Browsing the plugin settings and advanced settings always has something up its sleeve ;>

Quote:
Help? Prettyprettyplease? ;-)
Welcome! :o)

P.S.: As for the double blank lines above, I spent 10 minutes on trying everything possible to get them out, but the stoopit editor keeps inserting them.
P.P.S.: I "solved" it by switching from Wysiwyg to Source mode.

Edith: Apparently during my writing already some confirming peeps arrived ;D

Last edited by JDmurphy; 01.04.2021 at 12:30.
Old 01.04.2021, 12:08
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubioserKerl View Post
I already mentioned it in the support chat, and it seems that not all users have this problem. Very suspicious.
Seemingly it depends on the specific channel - at least for me the playlist/channel parsing issue does - but this also could result in inconsistent user reports.

Edith again: For the channels where channel parsing looked like it still worked or worked again, only the "parse channel?" confirmation dialog appears - yet in any case only the link grabber icon pops up for a few seconds and then nothing happens.

Last edited by JDmurphy; 01.04.2021 at 12:24.
Old 01.04.2021, 12:30
Community Manager

Fixed and update is live.

YT has added a new "consent" banner/page you see when first accessing it (e.g. via private browser window).
(This may only get displayed for some countries.)

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 01.04.2021 at 12:40.
Old 01.04.2021, 13:12
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Fix for channel parsing confirmed (but still has previous bugs, see below).

Fix for playlist parsing confirmed (but seems to have unrelated issues).

channel parsing

In case a package for a channel download already exists, in some cases (I couldn't figure out let alone reproduce what it depends on => thus no logfile) new links get added on top instead of alphabetically sorted or added below.

I am aware of the fact that as as soon as you mess around with the link order within a package manually, automatic sorting-in of new links doesn't work anymore.
Therefore I made sure to not touch the package at all (after repeatedly setting the sort order to "by name") yet newly parsed links get added on top.

Possible solutions:
1) always adhere to the last sort order applied when adding new links
2) if that's impractical, always add new links at the bottom not on top

playlist parsing

The intended behavior seems to be to include single files that already exist in "Various Files" into a matching package once the latter is created automatically by downloading multiple files of the same source.
In my case, the custom package name is:
*CHANNEL* - *PLAYLIST_NAME*
Hence single existing files or single files added later don't get included in this package automatically since they don't meet the criteria for automated consolidation even if they are downloaded by means of a combined video/playlist URL.

Suggestion:
Download single files that are parsed from a combined video/playlist link
(watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx&list=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)
into a package according to the "costomized package name" user setting.
Automated consolidation should then work by itself without further fixes.

Edit: typo fix

Last edited by JDmurphy; 01.04.2021 at 13:22.
Old 01.04.2021, 13:21
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmurphy View Post
Suggestion:
Download single files that are parsed from a combined video/playlist link
(watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx&list=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)
into a package according to the "costomized package name" user setting.
Automated consolidation should then work by itself without further fixes.

Edit: typo fix
You should be able to do this via Packagizer rule(s).
If not, please provide example URLs.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.04.2021, 13:25
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
You should be able to do this via Packagizer rule(s).
Imma try this in case making this default gets denied.
Since I don't see any downside in making this default,
the suggestion was to make this the default behavior.

How about the sorting issue related to channel parsing?
Old 01.04.2021, 13:45
Community Manager

Quote:
Imma try this in case making this default gets denied.
Since I don't see any downside in making this default,
the suggestion was to make this the default behavior.
Afaik this is not planned.

Quote:
How about the sorting issue related to channel parsing?
Wait until a dev finds time for that...
Please do not expect an answer to this before this long easter weekend.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.04.2021, 14:09
Modem User

Smile JD2 Filenames and Packagenames suddenly empty

Hi,
suddenly JD2 stopped grabbing titles and I get packagenames and filenames empty.

I have set as path .../<jd:packagename>

but I get this kind of return when paste links:

- Various File [folder container]
-- (192kbit_AAC).m4a
-- (2160p_60fps_VP9-128kbit_AAC).mkv
-- (BQ).jpg
-- (Spanish_ASR).srt

So filenames are empty, I should see the title grabbed.

It should be something like this:

- Video Title [folder container]
-- Video Title (192kbit_AAC).m4a
-- Video Title (2160p_60fps_VP9-128kbit_AAC).mkv
-- Video Title (BQ).jpg
-- Video Title (Spanish_ASR).srt

Does anyone know how to solve?

Thank you

Last edited by a3iuuu; 01.04.2021 at 14:12.
Old 01.04.2021, 14:12
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Afaik this is not planned.
That's why I suggested it :3

Quote:
Wait until a dev finds time for that...
I wrote a whole detailed/incisive bug report related to the issue
("Sortieren von Packages in Listen / von Paketen Links in Packages") *
including explicit solutions years ago, so the the above about equals to "never" :D
... which is why I talked to Jiaz about applying simple fixes (like inverting a default sort order) on my own by end of last year, but was nowhere near finding time for contributing as a dev ever since myself "because reasons".

Quote:
Please do not expect an answer to this before this long easter weekend.
Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to get back to it later including logfiles!

* idek what I meant by that myself, ig it's supposed to be "links in packages"

Last edited by JDmurphy; 01.04.2021 at 14:16.
Old 01.04.2021, 14:13
Junior Loader

Quote:

YT has added a new "consent" banner/page you see when first accessing it (e.g. via private browser window).
(This may only get displayed for some countries.)

-psp-
Working perfect. Thanks!!
Old 01.04.2021, 14:16
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.04.2021, 15:18
JD Beta

after the last update, it looks that the "noname" grabbing file issue is resolved (at least for me its working now)
Old 01.04.2021, 16:33
Baby Loader

Default YouTube try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)

For youtube download

I only use Jdownloader when other solutions do not work.

I updated it yesterday and today and it did not work either. I usually Use Free Download Manager but it is also not working.

I am getting the error "try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)" with Jdownloader.

Is everyone getting this error? Is it resolved yet?

I need to download a channel.

The only way I am able to download at the moment is by the below 2 methods. Maybe you can use the information to fix the issue for Jdownloader.

Solution one is from the website.

The 2nd way is from a Chrome Browser extension that adds a download button under the video.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jcmhbkjgbbclob
Old 04.04.2021, 17:49
DSL Light User

Default Download a Youtube playlist with more than a hundred 100 videos

Is there any way how to download a youtube playlist which contains more than a hundred (over 100) titles?

The JDownloader link grabber does its job very well - but it doesn't grab more than the first 100 titles.

Example:

This seems to be a manually created playlist, not a mix (which JD apparently can't grab).

By the way, JDmurphy's tip regarding file naming within the youtube plug-in works like a charme! Here is an example for that if you want to keep the files in the original order in which the playlist has them numbered. In the "file name for video files" in the yt plug-in put in

*PLAYLIST_NAME* - *VIDEONUMBER[000]* - *VIDEO_NAME*.*EXT*

and voilà! :-)

After the last update the problem with the file names not showing up in the link grabber is solved, too!

Thank you guys so much! I think I will make a little donation once again... ;-)

Cheers,

FC
Old 05.04.2021, 00:39
Linkgrabbing Monster

this issue has been known for a long time and they are workig on the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCouples View Post
Is there any way how to download a youtube playlist which contains more than a hundred (over 100) titles?

The JDownloader link grabber does its job very well - but it doesn't grab more than the first 100 titles.

Example:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

This seems to be a manually created playlist, not a mix (which JD apparently can't grab).

By the way, JDmurphy's tip regarding file naming within the youtube plug-in works like a charme! Here is an example for that if you want to keep the files in the original order in which the playlist has them numbered. In the "file name for video files" in the yt plug-in put in

*PLAYLIST_NAME* - *VIDEONUMBER[000]* - *VIDEO_NAME*.*EXT*

and voilà! :-)

After the last update the problem with the file names not showing up in the link grabber is solved, too!

Thank you guys so much! I think I will make a little donation once again... ;-)

Cheers,

FC
Old 05.04.2021, 23:01
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCoool View Post
For youtube download

I only use Jdownloader when other solutions do not work.

I updated it yesterday and today and it did not work either. I usually Use Free Download Manager but it is also not working.

I am getting the error "try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)" with Jdownloader.

Is everyone getting this error? Is it resolved yet?

I need to download a channel.

The only way I am able to download at the moment is by the below 2 methods. Maybe you can use the information to fix the issue for Jdownloader.

Solution one is from the website.

The 2nd way is from a Chrome Browser extension that adds a download button under the video.

I made a mistake. I have a program that was blocking the merging of the files on Jdownloader and FDM. Can someone delete my posts since there is no need for them...

I had that program for years and not sure why it started doing it now...