JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.10.2022, 06:13
Giga Loader

Default Locking 4K Behind Premium Subscription

Has anyone else here seen this rumor/news? If it comes to pass, will JD become unable to grab 2160p links on YT?
Old 07.10.2022, 06:33
English Supporter

I read about it online a week ago? https: // news.slashdot.org/story/22/10/03/1810200/youtube-asks-some-users-to-purchase-a-premium-subscription-to-watch-in-4k
I assume it would work as it does now, but just would need your account info present.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.10.2022, 16:04
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@rezad: maybe you can try without TOR Proxy and use VPN/different Proxy instead?
ignore my comment about ffmpeg, it's your own ffmpeg that you use for *probing/testing* the videos.
Have you checked if different max connection (1 or more) makes any difference?
I dont really have a vpn that I can use as a socks proxy on linux.
I am from iran and for security reasons internet vpn and tors are really slow (internet in general is good but vpn and instagram and whatsapp are blocked and slow)
so right now I cant really test with vpn.
I always thought youtube used something like hls (or better) and the downloading program could see which segment it was downloading like hlsdl command that shows the part numbers, but maybe I thought wrong.

and I use two and one connection and still get the errors.
I think I have to wait for internet vpns to get normal and then try then.

i

thank you for your answers.
Old 10.10.2022, 17:40
JD Manager

@rezad: Maybe try a free proxy you can find in the www? right now it looks like proxy/setup issue as there would be much more reports if it was a JDownloader issue. Also it would not *go away* by retrying.
Old 10.10.2022, 19:20
JD Adviser

Quote:
@rezad: Maybe try a free proxy you can find in the www? right now it looks like proxy/setup issue as there would be much more reports if it was a JDownloader issue. Also it would not *go away* by retrying.
I don't know if yt-dlp is very different from jdownloader or if in muxing the final file it maybe fixes the issues but I am trying with that and it hasn't given me error yet.
thought when downloading via jdownloader if was not just ffmpeg errors but missing data in video that would show as corruption too.

will try bigger videos (takes times with 50KB/s speed of tor)

Last edited by rezad; 10.10.2022 at 19:23.
Old 10.10.2022, 19:59
JD Manager

@rezad: I don't know if yt-dlp is also using ffmpeg but I guess so.But it won't be able to *fix* anything because if the streams are damaged in first place, then they are damaged. You are free to provide new log, maybe it contains any hints about this issue. Restart JDownloader, just download a single video and check if it contains issue.If so, please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post logID here.
Old 18.10.2022, 18:58
Tornado

Hello, can we find a topic like this but dedicated to Twitch ?

I don't understand why it's impossible to get a link from twitch like this one:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

Ant Video Downloader can't too ?!

I use now a add-on for Firefox called twitchclipdownloader, who work trough a website to decode twich video link.

So if you have a topic about Twitch, thank you in advance to give me the link.
Old 18.10.2022, 19:09
JD Manager

@jdboy6: twitch plugin is currently broken due to twitch api changes, please use forum search.
In meantime this method should work, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...aming-websites or check yt-dlp
Old 21.10.2022, 11:46
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: higher resolutions are not available in h264 codec but only in vp9..and thus only avalable in mkv container
thanks for the info. is there a difference in quality with the codecs? I notice that vp9 is half the size of h264.
Is there a way to setup the app when a higher resolution is available to use .mkv but still use .mp4 at 1080?
Old 21.10.2022, 12:59
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bison View Post
thanks for the info. is there a difference in quality with the codecs?
Browser often shows VP9 by default and is more modern codec, see
bitmovin.com/vp9-codec-status-quo
Quote:
Is there a way to setup the app when a higher resolution is available to use .mkv but still use .mp4 at 1080?
VP9 was long time not supported in MP4 container and thus at the moment only MKV is available. But why care? Any software player should be able to handle mkv but not every software/hardware player can handle vp9 in mp4

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.10.2022 at 13:03.
Old 25.10.2022, 21:14
Baby Loader

Quote:
Browser often shows VP9 by default and is more modern codec, see
bitmovin.com/vp9-codec-status-quo

VP9 was long time not supported in MP4 container and thus at the moment only MKV is available. But why care? Any software player should be able to handle mkv but not every software/hardware player can handle vp9 in mp4
How do I setup .mkv correctly? when selecting that format it doesnt give the right resolution. If I want the max available resolution should I be using .mp4 or .mkv and what codec?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-25 120944.png (4.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-25 121134.png (35.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 26.10.2022, 12:03
JD Manager

@M_Bison: Example link? pay attention to video orientation so upright orientation, 1280p might alread be highest resolution
Old 27.10.2022, 06:44
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: Example link? pay attention to video orientation so upright orientation, 1280p might alread be highest resolution
for example **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
I am just a bit confused with YouTube settings.
Other plugins I had an easier time with configuring.
Old 27.10.2022, 10:52
JD Manager

@M_Bison: have you customized/changed Settings->Plugins->youtube.com ? try to hit the reset button, restart JDownloader and try again. jd succeeds to find highest resolution with default settings. Have you changed Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.maxvideoresolution, should be 4320p
Old 28.10.2022, 05:43
Baby Loader

Quote:
@M_Bison: have you customized/changed Settings->Plugins->youtube.com ? try to hit the reset button, restart JDownloader and try again. jd succeeds to find highest resolution with default settings. Have you changed Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.maxvideoresolution, should be 4320p
Hi. I reset my settings and this is the results. I still dont see max quality with default settings
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-10-27 204245.png (276.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 28.10.2022, 14:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Hi. I reset my settings and this is the results. I still dont see max quality with default settings
I'm sorry I don't see any problem on your screenshot or don't understand. It shows that by default the best 1920p is selected. Video max is 3840x1920, so 1920p is the best.
Old 29.10.2022, 01:15
Baby Loader

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't see any problem on your screenshot or don't understand. It shows that by default the best 1920p is selected. Video max is 3840x1920, so 1920p is the best.
my mistake. I misunderstood the 1920p. thanks for the help.

edit- with the app when downloading YouTube, how does it decide when to use .mkv or .mp4 at the same resolution?

Last edited by M_Bison; 29.10.2022 at 10:31.
Old 31.10.2022, 00:35
Vacuum Cleaner

So, now that it's been OVER TWO YEARS since the infamous "a nice present for Christmas 2020" post, and Jdownloader still faithfully breaks after 100 packages when crawling on YouTube. Now that YouTube doesn't allow you to sort by oldest videos and shrewdly doesn't show you all the videos when you view by newest, Jdownloader is OBJECTIVELY unusable for channel archiving. So, donations don't provide enough motivation, Jdownloader actually being unusable for archiving entire channels doesn't... are we ever going to see a solution to this? I'm about to take the 50 bucks I was willing to donate and buy 4K video downloader, which has always worked as expected. Yes, I know YT-DL exists, but a frontend that isn't very buggy still doesn't seem to exist, and I don't want to deal with CLI right now.

I understand that this is a free program, but when one of the primary uses for it is broken for over TWO YEARS and the only workaround no longer works, how patient am I really supposed to be? The ignoring of all the donation offers is what really blows my mind.

It's so frustrating because this is the ONLY reason that Jdownloader2 has gone from being hands down the best way to archive YouTube channels to the only one that's actually unusable for the task.

EDIT: I don't want to jump the gun here, but it does appear that all videos now show when scrolling in the "newest" direction, so gracefully it does appear that they reverted that change when removing the "sort by oldest" feature. So, it appears that the linkclipper workaround does still work. Still though... two years. We need to at least see some project notes or something. "We will get to it someday" doesn't work anymore. We need to know WHY it's taking so absurdly long. How do you not realize that by being very transparent about that, you're a lot more likely to get programmers to help you out with fixing it? In this time, you could have entirely rewritten the plugin to be based on YT-DL and shovel the responsibility for keeping up with YT changes to that team. What has taken over two years? The silence is worse than the bug not being fixed, at this point.

Last edited by jeffr; 31.10.2022 at 04:35.
Old 02.11.2022, 20:58
Baby Loader

It seems like jdownloader doesn't recognize the 8k HDR AV1 variant. I noticed it because apparently youtube doesn't convert 8k HDR videos to a normal 8k version.
I confirmed it is available to download in yt-dlp.

For examples, if you look at this channel for the ones labeled "8k HDR"
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 04.11.2022, 23:35
Giga Loader

youtube download exceeds 100% see attachment:

URL: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Attached Thumbnails
yt-exceeds-100.jpeg  

Last edited by dbkarm; 04.11.2022 at 23:38.
Old 06.11.2022, 23:40
JD Fan

I just noticed that when downloading YouTube videos, JDownloader2 is only using 1 single connection per video. (used to be able to allow 2 to 20 connection per video)

Is this something new? It's making the downloads very slow... :(

By the way, when using the search function of this forum, it will not let me search "YouTube"?

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : youtube
Old 07.11.2022, 19:54
Modem User

Default No longer downloading YouTube

Dear Persons, I have two copies of JDownloader2 installed in two different Mac OS, 10.8.5 and 10.11.6 Both copies are now unable to download from YouTube. I have not tried other sites. One copy of JD2 does not see the videos anymore, the other says that a component is obsolete. Please tell me if it is a technical glitch (and there will be an update for it) or if I need only to reinstall the program. Thank you.
Old 07.11.2022, 19:56
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.
@Fabio Feminò

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 12.11.2022, 19:55
Fibre Channel User

The following is not the cause for me posting/replying (late), but anyways while I'm at it:

Quote:
Just checked and reset already clears link local and global cache. [...] Please know that reset will only reset selected links and the global link.
I'm a lil' confused by those two statements, because they seem to contradict each other. Is there a section about global vs. local links in the support wiki or anywhere else that might help to inform myself about the difference(s) and would spare you another explanation?

As for "reset will only reset selected links" - unless I misunderstood this part - that's a given condition since right-clicking a link to choose "Other > Reset" from the context menu automatically selects the link in question. (Beyond that standard case, multi-selecting a group of links would be required just like for any context menu operation.) Self-evidently I don't expect the 59208 other links in my download tab to be reset as well when performing a reset on a single link (or selected link group) :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz
if there are links in linkgrabber, those will not be affected by this. you will have to move those to download list and then reset.
Yeah that's what I always did, as it's another given condition:
In order to realize a link happens to be throttled, it necessarily has to be moved to the download list before; hence I only ever tried to reset links which were already in the "Downloads" tab.

EDIT: Also how do you reset links in the "LinkGrabber" tab? There's no "Reset" in the "Other" context menu, and I don't know any other way to do it O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz
I could not reproduce this issue.
Maybe because at the time of trying to reproduce it, yt links weren't throttled anymore? :3
Speaking of which, I only got exactly *one* throttled link yesterday over the past months ... anyone else experiencing this lately? ... usually this is how it always goes when youtube starts a new round of throttling, so let's knock on wood it doesn't happen. Also not enough to reproduce anything besides that single occurance, so I didn't bother to post about it being unable to provide more useful information.

Other than that, there have been a few update-related annoyances popping up a couple months ago (not sure yet which of those qualify as bugs - one of them sure does, however that one has been already reported by another member to no avail) but since update releases are currently halted (update announcement on Sep 7th vs. current build date still being Sep 6th like you mentioned on Sep 13th) I didn't bother to report these either until there's a realistic chance to get to it, not risking them to go by the board in the meantime.

Therefore all of this bickering is still not the reason to post, the actual cause for it is a somewhat more critical issue which I just encountered first as of today:

Youtube seems to roll out the announced handle channel urls now, in the format youtube.com/@handle
and it looks like the linkgrabber doesn't parse them.
Can you reproduce this? (:
Example upon request, if necessary.

The workaround is to click on the HOME or VIDEOS tab to get to the youtube.com/c/channel/ format, but maybe that's something that would justify an interim update / hot fix since it will inevitably confuse quite a few users.

Last edited by JDmurphy; 12.11.2022 at 23:19. Reason: typo + amendment
Old 12.11.2022, 22:47
Fibre Channel User

Default Multi-Connection / Multi-Chunk Youtube Downloads

Seperate reply post, becoz completely different subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by potove View Post
I just noticed that when downloading YouTube videos, JDownloader2 is only using 1 single connection per video. (used to be able to allow 2 to 20 connection per video)

Is this something new?
Nope :3 The related change was said to have gone live mid April, as confirmed by Leifman in #4795
whereas I for some weird reason didn't encounter the change to be effective until early June as noted in #4909 + #4918
(click on the new window's top right link to see single posts in context).
So maybe you also just didn't experience/notice it before? Either way, it's been a while ...

Quote:
It's making the downloads very slow... :(
Personally I'm not affected that much, as my limited bandwidth (50 Mpbs) is kinda almost fully utilized. However:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmurphy View Post
Quote:
unfortunately the new method currently doesn't support chunks but with much higher speeds there should be no need for it.
While the wording "no need" is technically correct, apparently, multi chunk download still saturates the line way more evenly and consistently. The demise of multi chunk youtube dl happening (as to my notion) exactly around the time where I finally could actually make use of it, is a big BIG bummer
While it was brought up earlier that "increasing max connections/chunks can lead to faster blocking by yt", I still believed and believe multi chunks to be advantegous nonetheless despite issues mentioned at the bottom of my response #4603, but also for reasons regarding sensible download/chunk settings explained there – note that this was before the change.

Consequently, I asked about it anyhow and the current status quo (I ♥ tautologies) officially is:
Quote:
Quote:
Therefore: Any chance of multi chunk youtube download coming back at any point in the foreseeable future?
in future yes, because it requires the *next gen download core* that is still in development. with it, multi chunk will be able again:) but I'm sorry that I can't provide any ETA on it :(

Technically unrelated, yet fitting so perfectly:
Quote:
Quote:
The silence regarding the matter is a lil sus tho
we ain't got no time for this
I have never seen this reply before, just stumbled across it while searching up older posts and it gave me a hearty laugh that totally made my day

Spoiler:
Maybe this post could also be used for future reference should anyone ask about the same thing again, since it pretty much sums it all up :'3
Old 13.11.2022, 19:31
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffr View Post
So, now that it's been OVER TWO YEARS since the infamous "a nice present for Christmas 2020" post, and Jdownloader still faithfully breaks after 100 packages when crawling on YouTube.

My solution to this problem involves Firefox and the following add-ons:

- downthemall
- foxscroller
- loadtabonselect

If there's interest in this solution, I will provide with more details.
Old 14.11.2022, 02:06
I will play nice!

Default Creating different packages from youtube playlist names

I've been downloading music from youtube playlists, the issue I am running into is that even thought the channel and links are different, some playlists have the same name, so instead of getting a new package for the new playlist link, the files just get grouped into a pre-existing package. Which ends up being a headache, because the video titles are in a language I cannot read.
Old 14.11.2022, 08:59
I will play nice!

So I've got an issue with playlist and packages, I want to download the videos in a playlist from a certain channel, and the playlist is called "music", and I go to another channel and want to download a playlist from there as well, and it is also called "music" jdownloader will group them into the same package, which is something I do not want, is there a way to prevent this?
Old 14.11.2022, 14:03
Community Manager

You could change the packagenames to e.g. contain the playlist ID which is unique to each playlist.
See Settings -> Plugins -> YT -> Scroll down and see "Customized Packagename".
EDIT

Merged YT threads,..

@FIRE
No need to post your question twice...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 14.11.2022 at 14:05.
Old 14.11.2022, 20:07
DSL User

Plugin custom configuration saving as preset?

Dear experts, (may someone redirect for me if this question is discussed or not in the right thread, I have not found so far), is there any way to save configuration in plugin setting as presets?

In detail, for instance Youtube plugin, we have many setting available. But different contexts apply. An exemple is when we want to download a list of "talks", (i.e. TED talk with subtitle to train english), we would need simply 480 or 720 resolution, with subtitle; for some documentation, 720 or 1080 and, if possible, many diverse subtitles; for touristic landscape scenes, 1080 or highest available resolution; for music, I would prefer webm with Opus160 instead of mp4, etc. I would be nice to have a possibility to save each setting set into presets, it seems currently impossible.

Would this be a feature request or is there some workarounds? Manual adjustment for each video, especially when it concerns a list, will be a pain.

Currently, for each of such type of downloading, I set "allowed media" then choose "Best normal video". But then later, when downloading a higher (available) resolution video, but I forgot that there was such setting filtered (here also, an icon to show which or that setting had been "filtered" would be nice), the video is presented with lower resolution while it has higher available, but we don't know that, thinking that was the maximal resolution available for this video!

Thanks to all.
DD
Old 15.11.2022, 12:57
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmoo View Post
is there any way to save configuration in plugin setting as presets?
The simple answer is no but you can easily extract youtube plugin settings from your config so yeah theoretically you can store some presets this way.
You can find YT settings under: [your JD install dir]/cfg/YOUTUBE

What might also be possible:
Create an EventScripter script that sets specific YT settings with one click of a button in the main toolbar.

Quote:
In detail, for instance Youtube plugin, we have many setting available. But different contexts apply. An exemple is when we want to download a list of "talks", (i.e. TED talk with subtitle to train english), we would need simply 480 or 720 resolution, with subtitle; for some documentation, 720 or 1080 and, if possible, many diverse subtitles; for touristic landscape scenes, 1080 or highest available resolution; for music, I would prefer webm with Opus160 instead of mp4, etc. I would be nice to have a possibility to save each setting set into presets, it seems currently impossible.
While this is not a bad idea, I do not see this being implemented.

Quote:
Would this be a feature request or is there some workarounds? Manual adjustment for each video, especially when it concerns a list, will be a pain.
Here is what I would do as a "workaround":
1. Configure the YT plugin to always return all available qualities.
2. Go to Settings -> Linkgrabber Filter -> Create either filters or views
I recommend views in this case.
Use the quality-identifiers inside the filenames to filter them and e.g. create views for "1080p", "720p" and so on.
You can then easily select/deselect [-> hides/unhides items] those in the Linkgrabber.
Instead you could also work with filters but they do as the name says: filter out items...so I think Views are the better choice.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.11.2022, 14:49
DSL User

Many thanks for your information, I am still trying your suggestions, still figuring which file in cfg/plugins/youtube folder and how EventScripter will help, will keep you feedback if there is any solution. Thanks again.
Old 17.11.2022, 20:14
Ultra Loader

Default Heute 17.11.2020 Update YT langsame Downloadgeschwindigkeit

heute gab es mal seit langer Zeit mal wieder ein Update (eigentlich lief alles hervorragend!) nun ist leider wieder der YT Download sehr langsam!?
Old 17.11.2022, 20:19
JD Manager

@Omata: Es gab bereits gestern das große Update aber keinerlei Änderungen an YT. Heute lediglich Bugfixes der gemeldeten Fehler von gestern.
BspLink? Mag nicht ausschließen das YT wieder was am schrauben/ändern ist, aber aktuell kann ich bezüglich Geschwindigkeit keine Probleme/Veränderungen feststellen.
Old 18.11.2022, 14:29
Baby Loader

Leider habe ich auch das Problem, dass YT Downloads wieder (generell) sehr langsam laufen. Nur ein Bsp.:

Old 18.11.2022, 14:36
JD Manager

@goll2: kann ich nicht nachstellen. Welche Variante? Also Codec/Auflösung.
Old 18.11.2022, 14:37
Community Manager

YT Threads zusammengeführt.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.11.2022, 15:08
Baby Loader

MP4/720p
Old 18.11.2022, 20:37
Ultra Loader

gerade ausprobiert nehme ich die 720p mp4 (reicht mir immer) ist es Super langsam nehme ich die 1080p mp4 läuft es wie immer superschnell!

Habe jetzt mit 3D YouTube Downloader die 720er mp4 runter geladen und da läuft es so schnell wie immer!

Und ich habe es mit verschiedenen YT Videos ausprobiert!!
Old 18.11.2022, 21:52
JD Manager

@Omata: Danke für die Info bzgl der Variante, das hilft schonmal bei der Suche der möglichen Ursache