JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.07.2016, 11:47
flysofast

Default How to auto start downloading on the fly?

I've just install this piece of software lately on my Mac and it is AMAZING. I love everything about it. In fact I was about to delete all of my other download manager, until I realize there is 1 thing missing: It cannot catch download link on browser and forward it to the installed software to start downloading automatically (just like IDM on Windows or iGetter on Mac). I have to right click in the URL and add it to the download queue manually or use the URL crawler, which is a little bit inconvenience sometimes. In the worst case, when the URL can not be crawled and the download URL is hidden, I have to download first by browser to reveal the download link so I can copy it to the software.

So my question is: Is there any way that we can detect when a file is downloaded by browser and forward it to the software so it can handle the downloading part automatically (like Internet Download Manager)?

Thank you!
Old 12.07.2016, 12:35
JD Manager

We are working on this feature. Currently we are rewriting the Browser Extension to new Webextension API so it works in all supported browsers and only have to develop one extension vs for each single browser. I'm sure we will find a way to provide this functionality.
In meantime you could try to use flashgot extension which can intercept Downloads and send them to your JDownloader
Old 13.07.2016, 19:22
flysofast

Thank you. That would be fantastic!
Old 14.07.2016, 10:31
JD Manager

We will do our best to provide a solid browser integration