JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.06.2018, 11:59
alex1452

Default Connection lost: JDownloader in LXC container

I run JDownloader2 in an LCX container on my router. It is in a different subnet (JDownloader has 10.28.86.8 and my PC has 192.168.100.102). I have forwarded the port 3128 from my WAN to 10.28.86.8.

The webinterface my.jdownloader.org shows the icon for direct connection, however i am not able to connect. I get the message "Loading Web Interface" forever, nothing shows up. How can I debug the connection.
Old 18.06.2018, 12:51
JD Manager

DID you setup JDownloader Direct Connection Mode to allow WAN connections?
Settings-Advanced Settings-MyJDownloaderSettings.directconnectmode
set to *allow lan/wan with manual port forwarding*
What java version are you using? java -version
How much memory does your container provide to java?
Does the webinterface work without direct or not at all?
Best would be we check/debug this together via Teamviewer, contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 23.06.2018, 17:13
alex1452

Hello, I did some more investigation on the JDownloader2 in LXC. To answer your questions, here is my setup in more detail:
JDownloader2 is running in an LXC container on my router (Intel Celeron N3150, 8GB Ram, 512 GB SDD, ubuntu 18.04). Router is directly connected to a Fibre-Optics modem and has a LAN/WIFI interface for my homenet. Java version is default-jre-headless (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.1+10-Ubuntu). LXC container has no memory limits, so could in theory use the complete 8GB ram of the host (minus approx 200k for host system etc).

I have moved the LXC container to the same bridge that serves my LAN and WIFI (in my case br0) so that JDownloader has now an IP from the same range as my Notebook and Desktop (in my case ).

In my.jdownloader.org I get the symbol for direct connection
"Direct connection to
Mode: Only from LAN
Check Connection
Change Direct Connection Mode
About Direct Connections"
when I click on "Check Connection" I get the message "please wait" and shortly after "done (with a green checkmark)".
However, I cannot access the "Download" page. I see the message "Loading Web Interface" forever! Linker and Settings pages work without problems but "Download" never loads. After some time i get the message "Connection seems to be lost".

I have exactly the same issue when I switch off direct connection entirely ("Mode: No Direct Connections"). Web interface for downloads loads forever, after some time I get the message "Connection seems to be lost". Linkcollector and Settings are slow, but work. Download never displays.

How can I debug this? What is different in the communication for downloads compared to settings? Why does settings work and downloads only give me "Connection seem to be lost"?

Last edited by Jiaz; 25.06.2018 at 14:15.
Old 25.06.2018, 14:15
JD Manager

My guess is that your java version is broken/incomplete.

Also you should use Java 1.8. Java 1.9 and 1.10 are experimental supported and JDownloader doesn't make use of any 1.9/1.10 feature so no advantage over using them.

Please zip the logs folder and send to support@jdownloader.org
Old 25.06.2018, 14:17
JD Manager

Java isn't able to access all system memory by default. Java dynamically sets upper heap size depending on available memory. You can see the memory infos in MyJDownloader Interface in Settings section. Just as information, not that the issue would be caused by this
Old 26.06.2018, 16:42
alex1452

Default problem solved

Downgrading to Java 8 seem to solve the problem. I now have the following message:

Operating System
Linux (LINUX 64Bit) (amd64 64Bit)

Java
1.8.0_171-b11 (64Bit) (headless)
Oracle Corporation
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Heap 58.86 MB / 106.43 MB / 1.84 GB

Uptime
03h 16m 32s (startup time: 26.06.18 19:26)

Thank you for your support
Old 26.06.2018, 16:50
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Java 9 and 10 should work as well, but I need logs to tell you more/why it failed.