JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.02.2014, 23:46
Ultra Loader

Default JD2 download folder changes no longer accepted

In the last month or so (unsure exactly when it started) JD 2 BETA, always with all the latest updates applied, will not allow me to change to a new download folder.

I'm in the habit of creating a new folder each month, however even though I've repeatedly updated the "Downloader folder" field to February_2014 the downloaded files ALWAYS go to last month's folder January_2014. If I delete the January-2014 folder, it always gets created again and all the downloads are placed in it (not in the February_2014 folder).

This is quite peculiar. I've never experienced anything like it before with either JD1 or JD2. What might cause this, how can it be debugged?
Old 07.02.2014, 03:14
English Supporter

You should observe the "save to" column when links are grabbed.
Old 07.02.2014, 05:07
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
You should observe the "save to" column when links are grabbed.
I have just worked out what the problem MIGHT be.

I still use JD1 occasionally, when having some problem or other with JD2 usually. JD1 has a setting (see image 1) that I always select: "Create subfolder with packagename if possible" and this together with "Download directory" seems to ensure that the packaged files go to the correct folder.

JD2 has a different setting Linkgrabber: Group single files in a 'various package' (see image 2) which is not described explained anywhere that I can find. This wording is rather obscure (needing improvement), but to me this setting seems to be the equivalent of the one for JD1 mentioned in the previous paragraph. Correct me if I'm wrong about the intent of this setting, please!

In JD2 there's also a new setting Subfolder by Package (see image 3) that, without explanation and a little surprisingly, has been placed in the "Choose new Directory" dialog box. (I say surprisingly, since I only just noticed it today. I use a vast number of different software packages, and find changes like this easy to overlook.)

Whatever the various combinations of these settings spread across different dialog boxes is supposed to achieve, I did just follow your advice and watched the "Save to" column, discovering that in some cases the January_2014 folder is re-created even though the "Download folder" setting has been saved as February_2014. Is this a bug, or perhaps a confusion of settings in JD2?:confused::confused:
Attached Thumbnails
JDownloader2_download_directory_confusion_1.jpg   JDownloader2_download_directory_confusion_2.jpg   JDownloader2_download_directory_confusion_3.jpg  
Old 07.02.2014, 05:56
English Supporter

In response to the OP.

JD2 never did as you stated.. here are the following reasons.

a) links get paths when they enter linkgrabber, existing links in Linkgrabber or download tab will preserves this.. This is the case in previous versions of JD also!

b) image one/two, you should set the default path "M:\JDownloader\". Then use package customiser, create a new rule call it what you want.. include dynamic variable like simpledate in the save path (right click in textbox for dynamic rules). _http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

not sure what $$$$ means in screen shot as its shown in the file explorer as ####but from you given example

Code:
$$$$_<jd:simpledate:YYYY>_<jd:simpledate:MM>__<jd:simpledate:MMMMM>_<jd:simpledate:YYYY>\<jd:packagename>
c) image three is if you change from the default (which is gained from entering linkgrabber) and checkbox you want subdirectory as packagename.

I will finish up by saying...
Any changes you do in respects to making new save default, or package customiser rules.... you will need to re-add all links in download/linkgrabber tabs, too apply desired changes to save paths.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 07.02.2014 at 06:20. Reason: placed in example (should work)