JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07.08.2009, 18:13
infodiff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default accidental reset clicked

Hi i was downloading from rapidshare , 4gb was downloaded n then i accidentally clickd in reset, n all th downloaded files are gone...

Is there a way to recover those files or undo it?

Dont the deleted files go to recycle bin ?

:(
  #2  
Old 07.08.2009, 18:23
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is online now
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 71,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infodiff View Post
Dont the deleted files go to recycle bin ?
No.

Maybe you can recover them with data recovery tools but reset means delete!
__________________
JD Supporter, Plugin Dev. & Community Manager

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
  #3  
Old 07.08.2009, 18:26
infodiff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought it meant some sort of refresh if the downloads stopped, just click reset .... lol

I think delete would be more appropriate than the word reset.

recovering recently deleted files
  #4  
Old 08.08.2009, 09:49
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

There's a confirmation dialog that clearly states that the files will be deleted.

As long as your files aren't overwritten by new files, with a good file recovery tool you can get your deleted files back.
  #5  
Old 08.08.2009, 10:34
infodiff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
There's a confirmation dialog that clearly states that the files will be deleted.

As long as your files aren't overwritten by new files, with a good file recovery tool you can get your deleted files back.



Nope theres no confirmation....:outch::outch:
  #6  
Old 08.08.2009, 11:40
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

You should disable your "Disable affirmation dialogs" in Configuration -> Interface. (EDIT: Simplified, it just means enable "Confirmation dialogs".)

I would imagine that it is the default setting.

Please, developers, check this before new 'disasters' happen.

Last edited by remi; 09.08.2009 at 10:54.
  #7  
Old 08.08.2009, 12:55
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 79,455
Default

confirm dialogs are enabled by default
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
  #8  
Old 10.02.2010, 00:49
che
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I thought the same thing. Ouch! I learned the hard way and lost alot of my files. I now am very careful around that reset button. I don't want to accidentally do that again.

On another thread, they spoke of installing a dialog box warning, to protect the user from accidentally deleting files. It seems that kind of feature is common among software products and many users now expect that kind of protection from such a devasting accident/mistake.

On a somewhat related topic, it may be helpful to have an "undo" button for restoring links/settings. This would be helpful when links are deleted accidentally, or when settings, such as collum sort is pressed accidentally, which has happen to me several times ( sometimes have several windows open over eachother.. and sometimes I accidently press it when trying to close those pesky web page popups or doing window management.

Also, it make JDownloader even better, if there was a "backup/restore" button feature. This could allow user to manually backup all thier links and/or settings. This could be used for accidental changes, for moving them to a new computer or for to the same computer after doing a fresh OS install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infodiff View Post
I thought it meant some sort of refresh if the downloads stopped, just click reset .... lol

I think delete would be more appropriate than the word reset.

recovering recently deleted files

Last edited by che; 10.02.2010 at 01:00.
  #9  
Old 10.02.2010, 00:58
che
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default where is "Configuration" setting

Please clarify where that setting can be found. I am unable to find the "Configuration" setting. Is this one of the the sub categories under "Settings"? If so, where is it? I am using version 0.9.579

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
You should disable your "Disable affirmation dialogs" in Configuration -> Interface. (EDIT: Simplified, it just means enable "Confirmation dialogs".)

I would imagine that it is the default setting.

Please, developers, check this before new 'disasters' happen.
  #10  
Old 10.02.2010, 10:39
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In previous English versions the Settings were called Configuration, but I can no longer find that particular setting.
It might now have been called "Reset Dialog Information" and you can find it in Settings -> Basic -> User Interface -> Feel

There is no generic undo function in jD.

You can save your links with Save LinkList and your configuration+links with Backup in File -> Save.

Feature #929 : Disable column sorting
  #11  
Old 10.02.2010, 13:17
che
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I found under "Settings > Users Interface > Feel > Reset Dialog Information" And in the "Reset Dialog Information" there is a button that says "Reset". Not clear what would happen if I press that button. Logic indicates that pressing that button would activate a reset.

Where is the box option to set for the warning dialogue box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
In previous English versions the Settings were called Configuration, but I can no longer find that particular setting.
It might now have been called "Reset Dialog Information" and you can find it in Settings -> Basic -> User Interface -> Feel

There is no generic undo function in jD.

You can save your links with Save LinkList and your configuration+links with Backup in File -> Save.

Feature #929 : Disable column sorting
  #12  
Old 10.02.2010, 13:25
che
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Remi, it does not exist, to my knowledge, in the latest version of JDownloader. If it does, please clarify where it can be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
You should disable your "Disable affirmation dialogs" in Configuration -> Interface. (EDIT: Simplified, it just means enable "Confirmation dialogs".)

I would imagine that it is the default setting.

Please, developers, check this before new 'disasters' happen.
  #13  
Old 10.02.2010, 13:38
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I cannot click on that Reset button. If it doesn't help in your case, then you might need to re-install jD.

Before you re-install, wait some time because someone with more in depth knowledge of jD might know the answer.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:03.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.