JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 21.08.2010, 13:27
shudson

Default Hotfile broken again

Hi all,

Was working fine after last updates and today my hotfile premium account does not hold, status says No premium Account and expire date invalid account.
Checked on hotfile direct and fine and downloading fine...

Tried removing account credentials restarting readding credentials same problem, multiple restarts, turning off antivirus nothing works.

anyone else having same issues ?

steve
Old 21.08.2010, 13:36
bog.moggy

Don't know if this helps but what Ive been doing is deleting the Hotile Premium account from jDownloader when I'm done then when I restart jDownloader, I re-input the login and password. Its a pain in the bum but gets around the "Too many failed logins" message that Hotfile gives you on their login page.
Old 21.08.2010, 15:23
asevans99

I really like jdownloader and have been using it for a while but I've been having the same problems with hotfile premium for the last few months. It's an intermittent problem some days it will not log on to my premium account even though my account works in my browser. Jdownloader says the account is invalid or no premium account. It seems to be a well known problem but i have yet to read a reliable fix? is it always going to be like this?

here's my log

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/9751
Old 21.08.2010, 20:10
shadowdogg

Heres my suggestion. Use Internet explorer for Windows (to extract its cookie information) so it can directly connect like a http connection when the direct links function is enabled for the user. This can be turned on and off on the fly.

This is what orbit download manager uses.

Everyone will have internet explorer installed (just may not use it) and would solve our issues.
Old 21.08.2010, 20:47
shudson

So just to confirm is this broken full stop. Normally it is intermittent but not connected at all since yesterday.

Are other people having same problem today ? or is just me ?

thanks.
Steve
Old 21.08.2010, 21:06
bog.moggy

Hi. shudson. No! Its NOT just you. This has been going on for weeks !!!!!!!!
Heres an interesting one - are you in the UK? I've been reading up on the IWF filter which has been implemented in the UK. Its apparently causing loads of problems with file hosters. I have the same issue as you but as soon as I go through a proxy, everything works fine.
Check this out: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Quotes from hoster sites run through the IWF filter:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**www.fileserve.com - No page load or "You need to wait 600 seconds to start another download."
hotfile.com - "Too many failed attemtps to login from this IP address." complete with typo and "503 - Service Not Available"
sharingmatrix.com - Looping "10 minute" wait count down.
uploading.com - "Sorry, you have reached your daily download limit."

Last edited by bog.moggy; 21.08.2010 at 21:35.
Old 21.08.2010, 23:21
shadowdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog.moggy View Post
Hi. shudson. No! Its NOT just you. This has been going on for weeks !!!!!!!!
Heres an interesting one - are you in the UK? I've been reading up on the IWF filter which has been implemented in the UK. Its apparently causing loads of problems with file hosters. I have the same issue as you but as soon as I go through a proxy, everything works fine.
Check this out: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Quotes from hoster sites run through the IWF filter:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**www.fileserve.com - No page load or "You need to wait 600 seconds to start another download."
hotfile.com - "Too many failed attemtps to login from this IP address." complete with typo and "503 - Service Not Available"
sharingmatrix.com - Looping "10 minute" wait count down.
uploading.com - "Sorry, you have reached your daily download limit."
Yes this was caused for ages. However on Virgin Media it seems hotfile is no longer on the list (Edit: Never mind it seems to be back on) (you know by tracert). I do not think this is the case with this problem though.

As when i had 503 errors i had to wait 10 minutes as it looked like the website was offline.

This is more of a plugin error problem. This is 100% JDL fault and my suggestion would definately fix it for a while anyway and i'm assuming it would be a fairly easy fix.

Last edited by shadowdogg; 21.08.2010 at 23:23.
Old 21.08.2010, 23:25
asevans99

I'm in the uk too I hope some clever bod can fix this problems as it's very frustrating. Is it happening with all file hosters or just hofile?
Old 22.08.2010, 09:01
bog.moggy

Rapidshare Premium is AOK.
Rapidshare works fine with jDownloader, Getright and FreeDownloader. Hotfile just does the same thing with all three.
Old 22.08.2010, 09:40
JD Manager

I just changed plugin to use
1.) API first
2.) if api fails then fallback to website

that way it works the same way like before.
@shadowdogg
As when i had 503 errors i had to wait 10 minutes as it looked like the website was offline.
typical sign that a transparent proxy filters your traffic. hotfile working fine over here + i never got Too many failed attemtps to login from this IP address from hotfile. i tried it several times with multiple wrong logins and so on. i also did a teamviewer session with a customer and it really seems that somehow hotfile is blocked by isp. website was working but api was blocked (always too many failed logins).

lets see if fallback to old website usage works. plugin update will come today or already had been published last night, cant say for sure atm.

i will write here when i know fir sure plugin udpdate gone live
Old 22.08.2010, 11:40
shudson

So this morning.....

In the premium section of JD the Hotfile stays ticked, refresh account and stays ticked with a status of premium and an expiry date.

As soon as a download hits hotfile it becomes unticked and greyed out in premium section and download reverts to wait 60 seconds etc. Connection and downloads set to one.
Old 22.08.2010, 12:34
JD Manager

please provide logfile
Old 22.08.2010, 14:36
asevans99

the same thing occured for me here is the logfile

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/9849
Old 22.08.2010, 16:03
JD Manager

@asevans99
where are you from? what isp? please send me your logins to hotfile via pm so i can check/fix this.
Old 22.08.2010, 16:27
bog.moggy

@Shudson: Exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) the same here !
Old 22.08.2010, 16:38
JD Manager

where are you from? what isp? please send me your logins to hotfile via pm so i can check/fix this.
please also a logfile
Old 22.08.2010, 16:53
bog.moggy

@Jiaz:
1)United Kingdom.
2) Sky.com
3)How PM?
4)How logfile? Got this:
------------------------ Thread: 16 -----------------------
16 22/08/10 15:50:06 - FINER [java_downloader] -> Checking for available updates

------------------------ Thread: 17 -----------------------
17 22/08/10 15:50:09 - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Webupdater offline or nothing to update

------------------------ Thread: 18 -----------------------
18 22/08/10 15:51:10 - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> api reports: too many failed logins(check logins)! using website fallback!
Old 22.08.2010, 18:11
JD Manager

please provide complete logfiles! use the upload button and then provide url to log here
pm = click on my name and send private message
Old 22.08.2010, 20:15
zotova

Firstly I can confirm I have the same problem on a UK isp. However if I use a vpn tunnel (i.e. do not use my own ip address) JDownloader will work correctly. The problem is caused by the IWF filter.

I can also confirm if I sign in to hotfile in firefox (or any other browser) during a period when hotfile is working correctly - I can download fine as long as I do not sign out or delete the cookie. Which I believe has already been touched on within this thread.

May I suggest a solution to the dev's. I have no idea how this would work in coding terms, but in layman's terms.

Have JDownloder create it's own cookie when it can connect to hotfile. Then during periods where hotfile is on the IWF list JDownloader should continue to work correctly because it will already be logged into hotfile (with the stored cookie).
Old 22.08.2010, 20:28
JD Manager

will think about the cookie way, should be possible.
will talk to hotfile guys about that.

so you cannot login in browser either once you logged out? right? (during blick time)
Old 22.08.2010, 20:29
JD Manager

btw, thanks for the IWL filter information. i think you are right.
Old 22.08.2010, 22:09
shadowdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

so you cannot login in browser either once you logged out? right? (during blick time)
Isn't that not simply the http system I have said except being completely independent rather than by extracting the cookie information directly from internet explorer or at least that is what I meant.

May as well make sure it works properly with my system first rather than making up all this development unless it is the same amount of development time anyway.

Jiaz if you need someone to use for remote testing of anything in the UK I am happy to help. Can either use Windows XP or Windows 7.

Last edited by shadowdogg; 22.08.2010 at 22:15.
Old 23.08.2010, 12:09
remi

Cool

Isn't suing the ISPs that block/censor particular websites a better solution? Has the UK become a Taliban country?
Old 23.08.2010, 13:18
Modem User

remi the filter is what the government put in place you go ahead and sort it out then please
Old 23.08.2010, 13:23
remi

You can also move to a country that doesn't censor communication of its citizen-slaves.
Old 23.08.2010, 13:27
Modem User

Where do you recommend?

But it's ridiculous anyway as I don't have the problem with any other host.
Old 23.08.2010, 13:43
remi

Until Jiaz and HF have solved the issue, just use a proxy in another country for HF and start two instances of jD (from different folders), set the proxy address/port in one of the instances and download happily.
Old 23.08.2010, 18:08
zotova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

Yes that is correct. During a period when JDownloader doesn't work, you can not login to the hotfile site either. You get a message about too many failed attempts from your ip.

Based upon a discussion on my isp's forum, this is something to do with how the IWF proxy is setup. Basically once hotfile is on the IWF list all users coming in via it appear from their IP address, rather than your own.

However if you've previously logged-in to hotfile during a period when everything is ok, you can then download as normal when hotfile is on the IWF list.

To be fair this isn't a problem with JDownloader it is the IWF/ISP's who haven't set things up correctly.

But if JDownloader were to use a cookie as such, and again I'm no programmer, but I'd imagine it would resolve the issue - as long as you'd previously logged-in.
Old 23.08.2010, 22:38
shadowdogg

Also please remember. IWF only provides the URL filter. Each ISP provides the filter I am fairly sure as it is a voluntary scheme by the ISPs
Old 24.08.2010, 03:24
JD English Support (inactive)

JDownloader cannot provide an identity cookie. That is what logging-in is for. The cookie has to be provided by the host.

JDownloader does not preserve cookies between files, so that could be a problem. But in this case, a cookie would not matter, because otherwise your browser would not have the same problem. The problem occurs before cookie exchange.

The problem is both your ISP and Hotfile. Hotfile should have a list of NAT Proxies used by ISPs. This is different from the kind of proxy people use to hide their location, and they should be on separate lists. The HTTP header from the NAT should indicate that this message is "On behalf of" your internal IP and port. Hotfile is probably ignoring that or the NAT is not generating it.
Old 24.08.2010, 08:37
JD Manager

I will try to add support that cookie is saved and reused. if that works in browser then it should work in jd too.

it seems they only block the login urls as ppl report everything works fine in browser when there are logged in, once they logout and try to login again it does not work.
can please someonce confirm this, then i try to save cookie in jd to avoid logins that might be blocked.
Old 24.08.2010, 11:00
say170

that is correct, when you log out, the cookie is deleted and you can't get back in. If you stay logged in, everything works fine in a browser. There is an additional trick you can use in a browser, and that is to log in to **External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 24.08.2010, 11:07
JD Manager

thanks for information
Old 24.08.2010, 11:54
JD Manager

i added optional https login (settings-hoster-hotfile.com and click settings)
note that only use https when needed, as it increases serverload alot.
Old 24.08.2010, 16:59
Pandem

My ISP is O2 in the UK and I seem to be having the same issue with the IWF list. JDownloader reports errors when downloading and won't report the correct information in the account details and will keep disabling the account. I'm often unable to login to Hotfile and get that "too many attempts" message most of the time. I say most of the time since some days there's no problem, other days the proxy is in effect. Yesterday for example there was no problem but it's back again today. I've tried emailing Hotfile for a solution but I've heard nothing back as of yet.

I can confirm that with the cookie, I can stay logged in and download just fine and upon logging out I won't be able to log back in. One of the solutions that someone posted (HTTPS) does not work with me, and likely not for any other O2 customer in the UK either.

I'm kinda disappointed as this proxy seems to limit my speeds from Hotfile to petty amounts (max 100KB/s per file) and I only just recently bought an account unaware of this problem. I look forward to you implementing a cookie solution into JDownloader and thank you for your effort.
Old 24.08.2010, 22:30
JD Manager

try new ssl byass
in settings-hoster-hotfile.com and enable ssy bypass.
then refresh account in accounttable
Old 24.08.2010, 22:31
JD Manager

please try the https workaround , if that does not help i will try to add cookie workaround
Old 24.08.2010, 22:45
Pandem

I already said in my post that HTTPS doesn't work, as my ISP unlike the other person decided to filter both HTTP and HTTPS. I doubled checked in JDownloader but nothing changed.
Old 25.08.2010, 02:10
JD English Support (inactive)

@ Pandem,

I know that Jiaz will do whatever he can to fix this, but in the meantime, I would like to check whether there is something else going on.

Please upload a log in which you try to connect and have the problems described.
Please also supply the links (URLs) you are using in the log (make sure they work in the browser).
-------------
Also, if the proxy is slow, you should try other proxies. For instance, try one from the bottom of the Google proxy list.