JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.01.2022, 06:17
Tornado

Default Drag and Drop of text files with links does not work

What would cause the Drag and Drop of text files with links to stop working?

I used to be able to drag/drop text files with links and JD2 would add them to the linkgrabber, however, now that is no longer possible.

What setting causes this to be enabled/disabled?

Update 1

I just copied the "Linkcrawler Rule" from another instance of JD2 of another system where the drag/drop works and pasted it into the one that no longer works and it is now working which means that I would not be able to use my own custom "Linkcrawler Rule" and also drag/drop text files with links. It is either one or the other.

Is there any workaround to have both?

Update 2

Ok, so I tested every line of the LinkCrawler rule to see which one was preventing the drag/drop of text files from working and it is only the "pattern" line which is a problem since I need to use my own "pattern".
With this pattern it works: "pattern" : "file:/.*?\\.txt$",...if I replace it with my own pattern than the drag/drop of text files with links will not work.

How can I use use my own pattern but continue to use the drag/drop of text files?

Update 3

Ok, never mind; I finally got it to work by adding the second pattern below mine by using the following between both functions:

},{

I did have to change the logging state from false to true for the second function to allow my pattern to work. Therefore, now both my pattern/rule works along with the drag/drop function of text files

Last edited by RPNet-user; 07.01.2022 at 07:24. Reason: added updates
Old 07.01.2022, 16:57
JD Manager

@RPNet-user: The logging state doesn't make the rule work/fail, it's just for logging
In case you have a linkcrawler rule for local txt files, that one will be used instead and JDownloader no longer will deep decrypt/process the txt file then.
Why do you need your own pattern for local txt files? Maybe I don't understand you can explain better?
If you need own pattern, how should JDownloader know if your own pattern is wished or *find all* is preferred?
Old 07.01.2022, 21:44
Tornado

I have been using a linkcrawler rule for several years for crawling/grabbing specific links on a separate old system and never use it for downloading, just crawling and grabbing every few scheduled hours daily.

I didn't remember or forgot having a second separate-rule for allowing drag/drop of text files as I just copied the function/pattern from one of my other instances of JD2 that I rarely used and that was still allowing the dragging of text files with links.

After I copied/added that second function beneath my first rule, the "logging" state set to "false" would not allow my first rule to grab the appropriate links from my "pattern" until I set it to "true" just like my first one was set to "true". It could have also worked as well if both were set to "false"...hence the "same" logging state, but I did not test it, however, both required to be set to "true" for it to grab the links as it would crawl but not grab them.

I basically now have one large rule with two functions where the first one is to allow crawling/grabbing of specific links and beneath it with the function/pattern to allow the drag/drop of text-files. I was never using both together as I used one separate old-system with my linkcrawler-rule to just crawl-grab links based on my rule-pattern and another instance of JD2 on a separate system to drag/drop text-files on a regular basis to do all the downloading, however, I was doing some testing because my first rule was having intermittent issues not grabbing 100% of the links due to the old cookies and I had to open the site in the browser so that JD2 would update them which fixed that problem.

I did some of this testing on two other instances of JD2 on two separate systems which included the one I used regularly for dragging the text files but stopped working after I completed the testing. I really don't require both on the same instance of JD2, however, as I could not find the reason as to why the drag/drop of text-files would not work unless there was a pattern-rule for it than I decided to combine both functions/patterns within the same rule to allow either/both to work in case I decide later on to use both features on the same instance of JD2 and to make it easier for testing purposes as well.

After several years, I had forgotten about a specific rule for allowing drag/drop of txt files and just assumed that JD2 allowed this by default and that perhaps this was just a simple setting that had nothing to do with a required linkcrawler rule.

Last edited by RPNet-user; 11.01.2022 at 00:57.