JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.05.2022, 04:27
j23524 j23524 is offline
Modem User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: no
Posts: 3
Default Instagram.com photo download problem

Hi
I'm having trouble downloading photos from Instagram
I downloaded a few photos from a private account and a public account
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
When you open the image
I see this
It does not support the Windows Photo Viewer image format.

screenshot
with attachments

The videos work for me, but the problem is the pictures

Download an image viewer
The problem has not been resolved


I used an extension on Google Chrome browser
To download individual photos from Instagram, when uploading photos, I find them in webp format instead of jpg
Does Instagram change the image format?

Use the latest version

I deleted the program and reinstall it, and the problem was not solved

log

23.05.22 04.20.56 <--> 23.05.22 05.12.36 jdlog://5199925302851/
Attached Thumbnails
8.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.05.2022, 16:41
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 62,017
Default

Hi,

1. Broken images
I'm unable to reproduce your issue and so far you're the only user who has reported this issue.
Can you open those images with the free and open source image viewer software "IrfanView"?

EDIT
See Jiaz' answer below.

2. Your first profile-link leads to a private profile thus I cannot do any tests with it.

-psp-
__________________
JD Supporter, Plugin Dev. & Community Manager
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 23.05.2022 at 16:56.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23.05.2022, 16:47
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@j23524: Thanks for the log. The images are in webp and I guess your image tools gets confused because webp image but jpg extension.
irfanview should be able to open them all
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.05.2022 at 16:50.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23.05.2022, 18:35
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@j23524: check again with next update. JDownloader should now use the correct file extension
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23.05.2022, 21:45
j23524 j23524 is offline
Modem User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: no
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Hi,

1. Broken images
I'm unable to reproduce your issue and so far you're the only user who has reported this issue.
Can you open those images with the free and open source image viewer software "IrfanView"?

EDIT
See Jiaz' answer below.

2. Your first profile-link leads to a private profile thus I cannot do any tests with it.

-psp-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@j23524: Thanks for the log. The images are in webp and I guess your image tools gets confused because webp image but jpg extension.
irfanview should be able to open them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@j23524: check again with next update. JDownloader should now use the correct file extension

@pspzockerscene @Jiaz
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your quick response and solution to my problem
IrfanView is installed and the problem is solved
All pictures are shown

I want to ask you, did Instagram change the image format?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.05.2022, 09:45
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@j23524: my guess it that IG evaluates the user-agent and modern UA will result in use of webp while older ones may fallback to jpg. When you use cookie import, the UA will be exported as well, so in case you prefer jpg over webp, you might wanna try to use an older browser version for cookie export.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25.05.2022, 04:33
j23524 j23524 is offline
Modem User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: no
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@j23524: my guess it that IG evaluates the user-agent and modern UA will result in use of webp while older ones may fallback to jpg. When you use cookie import, the UA will be exported as well, so in case you prefer jpg over webp, you might wanna try to use an older browser version for cookie export.
@Jiaz Thank you, my friend, for letting me know this. Greetings
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25.05.2022, 10:20
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@j23524: you're welcome
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.05.2022, 23:36
TexasDude TexasDude is offline
Junior Loader
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Default

I don't use Irfanview, I use Faststone. There's nothing in the association settings for webp.

Anyway, today is the first time I've seen an Instagram picture downloaded as webp.

Found a conversion site and will use that I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25.05.2022, 23:51
TexasDude TexasDude is offline
Junior Loader
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDude View Post
I don't use Irfanview, I use Faststone. There's nothing in the association settings for webp.

Anyway, today is the first time I've seen an Instagram picture downloaded as webp.

Found a conversion site and will use that I guess.
Found a work-around. Clicking on the webp file opens it in Edge. Right-click, choose All Files in drop-down menu, add .jpg to the file name, and voila.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 26.05.2022, 10:19
GeyerX GeyerX is offline
Wind Gust
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Norddeutsche Tiefebene
Posts: 42
Default

If I change the extension from ".webp" to ".jpg" windows open it without problems, also my software for managing images :"ACDSee".

Would it be possible/meaningful to add an option in the instagram plug-in to give downloaded pictures their extension ".jpg" back?

It´s laborious to "rename" every picture downloaded manually 🙈
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26.05.2022, 18:23
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@GeyerX: the correct solution would be to correctly assign the proper application to that file extension. It doesn't make sense and *smells* putting content X into wrong file extension Y. Even your ACDsee does properly support webp, see acdsee.com/de/support/file-formats , so you just have to assign the file extension and you should be fine
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26.05.2022, 18:24
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeyerX View Post
It´s laborious to "rename" every picture downloaded manually 🙈
if you really want to rename webp into jpg, you can automate this via Packagizer, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...paketverwalter
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26.05.2022, 23:49
TexasDude TexasDude is offline
Junior Loader
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Sorry, but I don't know where to start. This is my Packagizer.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Some of us (me) are dummies.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27.05.2022, 10:07
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@TexasDude: why you want to rename webp to jpg? see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...6&postcount=12
The packagizer rename will NOT convert webp to jpg. A webp image with jpg extension will most likely only confuse your image viewer and make you fail to open the image.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 30.05.2022, 17:26
Shmi Shmi is offline
JD Alpha
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeyerX View Post
If I change the extension from ".webp" to ".jpg" windows open it without problems, also my software for managing images :"ACDSee".
Windows opens the ".webp" file because it's not a webp file. It's the wrong extension.

I just downloaded photo files of a priv account. They were all named ".webp". I tried opening them with IrfanView. IrfanView told me they are JPG Files with wrong extensions.
(IrfanView text in German:
"Warnung !
Die Datei: "filename.webp" ist eine JPG Datei mit falscher Erweiterung !
Umbenennen ?")

Good thing is that I rarely spot ".webp" files when downloading with JD. By far most of my downloaded photo files of IG are jpg files.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@TexasDude: why you want to rename webp to jpg? see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Probably because he doesn't want to download duplicates?
Old name: filename.jpg
New name: filename.webp
creates duplicates!

I would rather mass rename my file extensions than creating millions of duplicates. (No matter what the original file type of that files is)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30.05.2022, 17:37
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@Shmi: Please provide a debug log.
Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, remove and add some files where this happened and download them again and then create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here

JDownloader checks the destination format parameter of instagram and only changes extension in case there is stp query parameter with dst-webp
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30.05.2022, 17:38
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
Probably because he doesn't want to download duplicates?
Old name: filename.jpg
New name: filename.webp
creates duplicates!

I would rather mass rename my file extensions than creating millions of duplicates. (No matter what the original file type of that files is)
As long as the files are still in list of JDownloader, we can update duplicate handling to handle both as the same. but yes, in case you've downloaded to disk, this sort of duplicate handling will fail, but I think it's better to have custom packagizer rule for this instead of downloading with wrong file extension. Of course we can add plugin setting to disable auto file extension correction.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20.06.2022, 09:52
Shmi Shmi is offline
JD Alpha
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@Shmi: Please provide a debug log.
Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, remove and add some files where this happened and download them again and then create a log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... and post shown logID here

JDownloader checks the destination format parameter of instagram and only changes extension in case there is stp query parameter with dst-webp
I wasn't able to recreate the issue. I haven't seen any webp files in jd anymore. There's been a lot of updates. It might be fixed already.

// mark thread as solved? Or is anyone else still having issues with webp files?

Last edited by Shmi; 20.06.2022 at 10:00. Reason: solved?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20.06.2022, 10:56
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,440
Default

@Shmi: Thanks for the feedback. Marked as solved
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:39.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.