JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.01.2020, 13:36
tshack59

Smile Several questions ( sorry!)

Amazing program! I'm running the 64 bit JD2 on Linux Debian and Dell Inspiron Chromebook. I'm also just learning about Linux and having to start JDownloader thru the terminal, as i haven't been able to create an icon - or to pin the icon to taskbar while the program is running. Honestly, I have figured out many questions with this forum, but still in the dark in some areas and any help will be greatly appreciated:

* Choose folder for downloads - I'm not seeing any path to save files outside of my Linux area. This means I have to later manually move a bunch of hefty files to my other storage locations. Is there any way to set a download folder outside of my Linux directory? ( I've tried setting my sd card, hard drive to share with Linux but that changed nothing.)

* Can't type anything into JDownloader interface using my virtual keyboard, which is a big deal as my physical keyboard is tucked under and unavailable. Any ideas why my virtual keyboard is not recognized by JDownloader?

* Any advice on why the install failed to create an icon for JDownloader that stays pinned to my taskbar? Of course I selected the box to create one during install, but I only get a temporary one that disappears when the program is closed. (In settings area the box for icon is also already checked) Have to use the terminal window to restart. Advice please on creating a shortcut/ icon for my JDownloader.jar file. which is located in my jd2 folder.

Regardless, I am simply thrilled with the program..Awesum!! So happy to finally have it up and running and just hoping to resolve a few details. Thanks guys..
Old 29.01.2020, 18:27
Official 9kw.eu Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshack59 View Post
* Can't type anything into JDownloader interface using my virtual keyboard, which is a big deal as my physical keyboard is tucked under and unavailable. Any ideas why my virtual keyboard is not recognized by JDownloader?
Which virtual keyboard? Tool? System?
Old 30.01.2020, 00:31
tshack59

I'm using the on-screen keyboard that comes with the Dell Chromebook. When I select a text entry field in JD2 ( with mouse), the keyboard doesn't activate at all. If I bring it up manually and try to enter text, nothing happens in the field. I've resorted to entering the text elsewhere on my screen and copy/ paste into JD2, again with the mouse.

Not having any issues using the virtual keyboard with the Debian terminal, however.