JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.06.2009, 15:07
JD Manager

Default Browser integration - feature requests

After redesigning JDownloader, we now care about JDownloader's integration in the most popular browsers (internet explorer, firefox,...). Currently there is a Firefox plugin, and Click'n'Load.

We are planing new and more powerfull extensions for internet explorer and firefox (maybe others, too).

Before starting, we need
  1. Some inspirations (feature requests) from our users (you)
  2. Experienced Javascript coders for IE/FF extension development

If you want to contribute (feature requests or coder), please talk to us here.

So let's start collecting ideas.

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.12.2009 at 18:41.
Old 23.06.2009, 18:53
Tom Foolery

A great feature would be to click one of the files in a group and have them all load in JD, no highlighting then copy/paste.

and please show safari some love.
Old 23.06.2009, 19:03
deinemudder

i dont know how that should be possible other than scanning the whole active page and risking some "unwanted" links.

but cool idea...
Old 24.06.2009, 03:24
Quaddel

Know that there already is a fantastic add-on: RSFind!

After installing you just click the icon in the browser and it will read all RS-links from the current page into a pop-up. There you can select the wanted links which will then get copied into the clipboard.

A further development could provide a pop-up with all links on a page sorted after the hosters names.

Also a method should be usefull to catch all of the passwords. Multiple abbreviations like pass pw password etc. should be recognized.
The PWs should also be presented in the pop-up.

The most important of all is that the url of a link should be stored. This means that you can call the url where a link was found days later by clicking a button in JD. Once clicked, the url will open up in a browser.

If this should be too difficult, it would be ok to just store link and url in a textfile. A .txt with all the links would be extremely helpfull after breakdown of JDs linklist for backup purposes.
Now I let run kornitop clipboard-editor when adding new links. This will provide me with needed link-backup but not with url-backup.
Old 24.06.2009, 03:42
deinemudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddel View Post
never heard of, sounds interesting.

Quote:
After installing you just click the icon in the browser and it will read all RS-links from the current page into a pop-up. There you can select the wanted links which will then get copied into the clipboard.
i think its much easier now with the linkcollector (think about the exact steps you would do in contrary to what you would do now) but i get where you're going!

Quote:
A further development could provide a pop-up with all links on a page sorted after the hosters names.
you already can do that, sort of, but this would be a "feature" for sure!

Quote:
Also a method should be usefull to catch all of the passwords. Multiple abbreviations like pass pw password etc. should be recognized.
The PWs should also be presented in the pop-up.
one hell of a feature!
+1

Quote:
The most important of all is that the url of a link should be stored. This means that you can call the url where a link was found days later by clicking a button in JD. Once clicked, the url will open up in a browser.

If this should be too difficult, it would be ok to just store link and url in a textfile. A .txt with all the links would be extremely helpfull after breakdown of JDs linklist for backup purposes.
Now I let run kornitop clipboard-editor when adding new links. This will provide me with needed link-backup but not with url-backup.
this should be optional i think cause it is one hell of a security nightmare for me (historywise).

in the current stage of stability i also can see why this would be usefull for someone (if not for me though).

i never told you, but i like you ambition Quaddel!
Old 24.06.2009, 08:46
Quaddel

@deinemudder:

Quote:
Quote:
never heard of, sounds interesting.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefo...RSFIND&cat=all

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

As rsfind might be open source, it perhaps will save hours and hours of work.
We have find out whether source is available. Perhaps the author will distribute source if he is informed about JD-project.

Quote:
Quote:
i think its much easier now with the linkcollector (think about the exact steps you would do in contrary to what you would do now) but i get where you're going!
Not really. You gotta try it out and compare. The present stage of JD-linkcollector will provide you with any crap like *.jpg links and you will have to sort the good ones out by yourself.
Rsfind will provide only links hosted on RS and some few more hosters.
So you only need to click "select all" and "ok" to get the job done.
Forget about the crap. What rsfind cannot deal with are textlinks without a hypertext-component. It is unable to deal with plain text. [Edit: I never tested the JD-filter-mechanism. Perhaps this will show up as very usefull.]

---

Password grabbing is always a great problem. Perhaps it would be possible to include some sophisticated user-defined grabbing syntax or word lists. It needs not to get exact matches. It would be ok to extract ten times more possible passwords out from the page then there really exist passwords. But the real existing passwords need to be included in the list of all possible passwords.

---

For shure all kinds of backups and data-storages and data-files have to be optional. As far as I know, this is ignored by JD in the moment. Have a look into the \container directory. There you will find any .dlc you ever downloaded. Dlcs will there be stored forever! But to make it even worse, this "feature" cannot be used for backup as the *.dlc loose their original names and are named by numbers instead.

Do you aggree, that users often wish or need to return to an url which they cannot remember no more? They need to search and spend very much time doing so.

JD is a very very proud project!

Last edited by Quaddel; 24.06.2009 at 08:59.
Old 27.06.2009, 02:46
antman48

Jdownloader->Add Selection to Next Comment
Jdownloader->Add Selection to Next Password
Jdownloader->Add Selection to Next PackageName

Jdownloader->Download selection to...->Location 1 (a settings window will allow adding locations)
Old 28.06.2009, 16:01
JD Manager

JD soon will get FlashGot support that makes it possible to add links with referer so you can always go back to the page where you got the links from. it will also have the feature to set downloadfolder and autostart download
Old 28.06.2009, 16:25
Community Manager

Quote:
Not really. You gotta try it out and compare. The present stage of JD-linkcollector will provide you with any crap like *.jpg links and you will have to sort the good ones out by yourself.
Rsfind will provide only links hosted on RS and some few more hosters.
So you only need to click "select all" and "ok" to get the job done.
Forget about the crap. What rsfind cannot deal with are textlinks without a hypertext-component. It is unable to deal with plain text. [Edit: I never tested the JD-filter-mechanism. Perhaps this will show up as very usefull.]
...the present options help you to disable "grabbing any crap like .jpg files"!
Just deactivate the http-links plugin or use the filter!
Is this so hard to do ?:biggrin:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 30.06.2009, 13:58
remi

Cool

I almost* never use plugins nor addons. The reason is simple.

Number of Google results for :-

plug-in problem : 56,300,000
add-on problem : 193,000,000
flash problem : 81,900,000

*I sometimes have to enable the Flash-bullcrap in my browser, because I don't see a quick alternative. I hope the W3C Consortium comes with a standard soon enabling browsers to stream video in an integrated way.
Old 02.07.2009, 01:07
DeathPhoenyx

are you going to release an updated version of the firefox plugin supporting the 3.5 version of the browser, aren't you? it has been 2 days with the new version and I miss de plugin so bad
Old 02.07.2009, 11:15
black_1

I normally use Safari Browser and Firefox is used only when I have lots of links to download using my Internet Download Manager. But I'd like to see if jDownloader supported Safari.

BTW I'm a rapidshare premium user so It would be whole lot better if we could have a feature for Firefox in Internet Download Manager; Let me show you.

When I right Click in the browser,
Old 02.07.2009, 19:48
IcyTexx

I can't find the Firefox plugin for the jDownloader 0.6.193.
Old 03.07.2009, 13:05
JD Adviser

Default jDownff compatible with FF3.5

I uploaded a compatible version in General Bugreport section. The topic is 'Problem with Firefox 3.5'.

Last edited by Placebo; 03.07.2009 at 13:10.
Old 04.07.2009, 22:14
k3rim

Default thank u for this amazing software

thank u for this amazing software
it is one of the most important programs on my pc

the firefox plugin is just fine but what about adding this feature?
decrypting the short urls (e.g tinyurl) and decrypting redirecting links which opens the link in frame of the original site like **External links are only visible to Support Staff**this

it is not that difficult there is addons like (redirector remover)
and greasemonkey user script (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**tinyurl decoder) that can do part of that

thank u
Old 15.07.2009, 12:28
remi

Cool

jD supports many decrypters.

If you think you found one that is not supported and might be useful, please post in the dreams and wishes forum.
Old 29.07.2009, 00:35
l0wk3y

request a feature to scan bulletin board threads or complete subforums for links.
most forums got a hide hack installed, so the plugin should be able to post a automatic reply to the selected thread or subforum.
:-)

btw: the firefox addon never worked for me lol
Old 17.12.2009, 17:05
Bummswurst

Default Better Handling for Package-names

I would really love to see some more Features for quick editing of the Package-names.

These are my suggestions:

- Possibility to automaticly use the Title of a Downloadpage for the Package-name. (And please don't forget the old automatic PW-Recognition!)

- A Browser-Integration in which you can select different regions of a Web-Page for Package-name, PW, Links and maybe pictures and a Description-Textfile. So all Informations could be collected at once and submitted to JDownloader. Many steps which require to change between Browser- and JD-Window could be saved for downloading and archiving Files. This would also help to process Downloadpages, which are not yet implemented in JD.

Thank You

Last edited by Bummswurst; 17.12.2009 at 17:15.
Old 17.12.2009, 18:41
JD Manager

JD now has support for Flashgot (firefox addon) and much better clipboard handling (you gonna like it )

also we are working on cnl2 that offers very easy way to add links to jd.

other browser addons are currently not planned because of no time/manpower/no need with new clipboardhandler