JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 05.11.2013, 08:47
JD Fan

Default JD2 suddenly eats bandwidth and shows false connection stats

Starting a few minutes ago, JD2 started to suddenly use my complete (500 kb/s) bandwidth although I limited it to 100 kb/s. I track that via Little Snitch and can see at my other computer, router and iStat pro on both computers that my whole bandwidth is used, and JD2 is the only program capable of doing that, and it is, according to the Little Snitch network monitor. This is only solvable by starting pause mode and waiting until it stops, after restarting the downloads the used bandwidth is back to where it should be.
As far as I can see it, it happens every time I have to type in a captcha, for example one of those useless uploaded.to-captchas between downloads I shouldn't have because I activated that plug-in specific feature that says it avoids that.

OS X 10.9
Firewall: Little Snitch 3.3 w/o any restrictions for anything JDownloader does or needs.
Old 05.11.2013, 11:33
English Supporter

It could be due to the captcha downloading (recaptcha | solvemedia | etc) or uploading (if your using CES). It would only be a short burst if that was the case. Alternatively it could also be due to updates also? apparently none of these tasks are rate limited.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 05.11.2013, 11:41
JD Fan

If it would only be a short burst I'd hardly notice it. No, it goes on until I stop or pause the downloads. And also, no, it is not updates, 1. b/c the update would have to be extremely large to take up 500 kb/s for several minutes, 2. I would have to accepted to download it and 3. there are no updates available.