JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 20.10.2013, 12:21
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Not hypocrisy or lying. Surely his post was a mistake, and taken into account. Multitude of off topic posts isn't!, which you abuse regularly.
I am sure you have reported these links on Wikipedia, you are a liar exactly like your setup. Maybe sometimes i am off topic it depends your appreciation but members and users who read this thread you have totally destroy with your tricks now have a better idea about what kind of guys you are.
Old 20.10.2013, 13:48
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogntudjû View Post
I am sure you have reported these links on Wikipedia
Are you implying 'you' as in, 'JDownloader Volunteer Staff' or 'Appwork' or 'Myself' as a individual? If it's the latter, No I wasn't responsible for reporting this issue, or editing of JDownloader Wikipedia page. Nor have I done either of these in the past!. If you meant either 'JDownloader Volunteer Staff or Appwork', I have no idea, nor can I speak on their behalf.

Quote:
you are a liar exactly like your setup.
'you are a liar'
when and where have I lied exactly?

'your setup', I'll assume you mean JDownloader installer, that seems the most logical. Just to reiterate, I have nothing to do with the installer, and or the inclusion of Adware (as disclosed earlier in this thread). But your trying to making a point, about those that are responsible.

Quote:
Maybe sometimes i am off topic it depends your appreciation but members and users who read this thread you have totally destroy with your tricks now have a better idea about what kind of guys you are.
You've been off topic many times, we have already established that. If you don't like been moderated don't breach our rules. I don't believe you have been moderated lately, seems you've addressed behaviour. Thankyou.

I've also helped you with filepost within thread and private message. I treated you no differently than any one else. Considering how you treated me last Dec/Jan (when I was the only support person around), I was well within my rights to treat you differently. But I have respect you and your opinion.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.10.2013, 18:17
rrogntudjû

I have no doubt that you could respect my opinion if i could really express it, but for the moment with Google Translate that would be too horrible to hear. Maybe later when the responsible of this ignominy will be known i'll try to make an effort and why not apology. Meanwhile thanks for all and good luck with your Masters Mister Know-all.
Old 21.10.2013, 03:00
English Supporter

Quote:
I have no doubt that you could respect my opinion if i could really express it, but for the moment with Google Translate that would be too horrible to hear. Maybe later when the responsible of this ignominy will be known i'll try to make an effort and why not apology. Meanwhile thanks for all and good luck with your Masters Mister Know-all.
You've expressed your opinion clear enough, it hasn't changed since your first few post on the adware matter. What I do not respect you for is, incorrect and throwing wild accusations like 'I'm a liar', without providing any proof (represented as a personal attack of character.), unless you do so, specially when asked. I see you avoided my question.

Anyway I wont respond to you any future, clearly you still have little to no respect for JDownloader staff, even those that help you with your own reports.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 24.10.2013, 18:59
Juschi

Default My search dial - no option to refuse installation

I have installed jdonloader and now I have malware on my pc. While the installation of Jdownloader, there was no option to decline the Installation of "My Search Dial" adware, while the foxtab adware was refusable. For My Search Dial there was only a "next" button. If I pressed cancel, the whole jdownloader installation was canceled.

The uninstaller in the windows "ad/remove" panel is not more than a fig leaf.

90% of the damage is not uninstalled, while the maker of the software seems laughing about his victims, giving complicated and inapplicable informations for removing the damages, the adware made. (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**)

Many standard users will not be able to follow these instructions. I needed 20 minutes to get rid of the adware and its legacies.

What the heck?
Old 26.10.2013, 11:29
Modem User

Default Installed JDownloader 2 - Beta ... Got virus :(

Hey Guys,

So I searched the forums as I got a virus warning on Kaspersky Internet Security when I tried to install JDownloader. However, Bismarck claimed it was just the method he used to package the installer and thus a false positive...

So I told it to ignore the warning and let the install continue. Installer continues and finishes and opens up Chrome once the installation is complete.

Suddenly in Chrome I have Qone8 installed!!! Along with its relevant malware. I think I've managed to clean it all up but this is pretty horrid to have JDownloader 2 installing Qone8 malware on PCs.

Here is the warning message from Kaspersky:
Trojan.Win32.StartPage.cieq Deleted 26/10/2013 9:07:46 C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Temp\is961225091\

Note this is the folder where JDownloader extracts to while installing and this is also where the installer is stored if the installation is interrupted.

This is the link I used to download my JDownloader 2 installer (its the link from the forum post that JDownloader 1 sends you to)

Last edited by NeonAnderson; 26.10.2013 at 11:35.
Old 26.10.2013, 13:24
JackBlack

This thread is full of sadness. JD was my download manager of choice for so many years it's like loosing an old friend.

To the JD staff you have lost all credibility. Once your users get bit by your installer they won't be coming back and by now I feel the damage is already done.

Hope the few pennies you made off the MALWARE kit your putting on people's PC's helps tide you over while you find some other project.
Old 26.10.2013, 15:26
Community Manager

Merged adware threads!
@NeonAnderson
Our supporters will always help to uninstall that stuff.
You can enter our supportchat on working days between 9 and 18 o clock, German working time and directly contact us!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 26.10.2013, 18:57
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Merged adware threads!
@NeonAnderson
Our supporters will always help to uninstall that stuff.
You can enter our supportchat on working days between 9 and 18 o clock, German working time and directly contact us!

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Errr.. that's great and all, but Kaspersky and my own expertise have already done that for me.

What I however do want to see is the Malware removed from YOUR installer! lol...

I feel like my post is getting this:

PS: to those reading this and not wanting to install JDownloader 2, its your decision, but I will say this. The program is safe to install, IF you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (or 2014) and of course fully legit version and on normal settings even. It will see the Qone8 installer and block it during the JDownloader install, this will cause JDownloader 2 installer to give an error message and close down, however it will continue to install in the background (you can see it in the task manager and you can see the files being added to the folder). If you wait a while it will finish installing and the program should work.

Last edited by NeonAnderson; 26.10.2013 at 19:05.
Old 26.10.2013, 21:41
Entine

I'm a bit new to all this as I haven't used Jdownloader for quite some time. First off, is the issue regarding the adware/possible malware issue evident for all downloads or only jdownloader 2, which I have not looked at much. I believe that I am using the original jdownloader and I just recently updated it. I personally have not yet experienced any of the problems that have been going on here. I am using Symantec and it seems to not have any issues. I also ran Malwarebytes just in case. Also, my browser does not contain any unwarranted toolbars nor does it have any redirection issues. As I am new to this, and due to the lack of clarity of many posts and the length of this thread, any possible feedback on some of these "issues" would be appreciated.
Old 27.10.2013, 21:46
jaykay

Hi,
I registered just to add my complain. I use jdownloader since years and evrything was fine until yesterday, i tried to update jdownloader because it stopped working, then i had that step with mysearchdial, i clicked on "DECLINE" and even-though i got a searchdial installed, i was horrible, this shitware were eveywhere : in chrome, in chrome home page, as application, as program, in firefox, in internet explorere, and always as application, home page, default search bar engine, etc. I spent 2 hours cleaning my pc from your shit.
I uninstalled jdownloader and today i'm looking and testing the other alternatives.
RIP jdownloader
Old 04.11.2013, 02:07
deadvolvo1

Same complaint for me. I have been using JD for years, including Nightly branch, and it recently stopped working for me (asking for login/pass for YouTube downloads).

Last night I installed JDownloader2 using the Windows installer at jdownloader.org. Lo and behold, my system was flooded with crapware:

Crossrider
ElectroLyrics
SearchProtect by Conduit
InstallCore
VisualBee

It took me two hours to attempt to remove everything, and after having done that, I decided ultimately to restore from a recent backup.

I'll never use JDownloader again.
Old 04.11.2013, 22:21
Juschi

Its funny. Endeless numbers of people complain about the adware/viruses installed with the jdownloader and the staff here doesn't bother that.

A software which installs itself unwanted and hidden and which can only be removed completely with extensive effort by users with heavy pc experience is calles a virus.
Usually, in a case like this, the complete installer should be listed as a virus in the antivirus databases from the av-companies.

But, as already said, the staff is sitting here, reading the postings and does nothing.

If you don't do something, others should do. I will do my part and will send the installer with report to Kaspersky.
Old 07.11.2013, 19:40
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entine View Post
I'm a bit new to all this as I haven't used Jdownloader for quite some time. First off, is the issue regarding the adware/possible malware issue evident for all downloads or only jdownloader 2, which I have not looked at much. I believe that I am using the original jdownloader and I just recently updated it. I personally have not yet experienced any of the problems that have been going on here. I am using Symantec and it seems to not have any issues. I also ran Malwarebytes just in case. Also, my browser does not contain any unwarranted toolbars nor does it have any redirection issues. As I am new to this, and due to the lack of clarity of many posts and the length of this thread, any possible feedback on some of these "issues" would be appreciated.
Only JDownloader 2 installer at the moment I think. But they also updated JDownloader 1 so its no longer usable in order to force everyone onto JDownloader 2 (they disabled HTTPS connections on it, so your downloads are now sent as HTTP requests on JDown 1)
Old 07.11.2013, 19:47
Community Manager

@NeonAnderson
You're talking trash!
In some plugins there is a warning message about a Java HTTPS Bug which exists in the old Java which you need for the old JD.
EDIT
I can show you all of this in the code!

So it will use http most of the time - JD2 also but at least there are no bugs IF you use https.
This is NOT about forcing anyone to do anything.
As long as we're in BETA state it makes no sense to get more BETA users anyways.
First think, then post!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.11.2013, 14:52
Modem User

Quote:
@NeonAnderson
You're talking trash!
In some plugins there is a warning message about a Java HTTPS Bug which exists in the old Java which you need for the old JD.
EDIT
I can show you all of this in the code!

So it will use http most of the time - JD2 also but at least there are no bugs IF you use https.
This is NOT about forcing anyone to do anything.
As long as we're in BETA state it makes no sense to get more BETA users anyways.
First think, then post!

GreeZ pspzockerscene
That's awfully defensive for something so very small... If this is the case, then why does the message on JDownloader 1 not say what you just said? Instead it said that due to the new Java update, all requests are sent as HTTP and no longer as HTTPS. It then says the solution to this is to update to JDownloader 2 by clicking the link below...

There is no mention or setting made apparent to explain how to downgrade your Java version so that you can continue to send HTTPS requests in JD1. And again, it clearly said that this is solved by upgrading to JD2, so why does JD2 not have this issue, but JD1 does...
Old 11.11.2013, 15:13
Community Manager

Because of a Java issue and usually you should use Java 6 for the old JD1.
EDIT
Of course you can also use Java 7 + JD1 but then you can get other issues because of JD and Java 7 incompatibilities.
EDIT2
Actually the message isn't even that important because by standard, JD uses http requests - also to keep the JD1 backward compatibility.

Ask our developers, ask our staff, ask me, I'm not talking trash!
The message is in the plugincode of many XfileSharing based host plugins.
It's not even in any of the big plugins.
If we wanted to force our users to JD2, we could do it but we don't because there is no reason for that and JD2 is still in BETA.

raztoki is the developer who integrated this message and I translated it to german.
Ask him as well if you want (but he is a bit inactive right now)

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 25.11.2013, 08:46
bugreportguy

Angry JD 2.0 Installer Not downloading - Antivirus "Dealply" adware found

Trying to download the latest JD 2.0 Installer and my computer refuses to download it, saying it contains adware.

Please explain...
Old 26.11.2013, 14:59
Johj

Authors who put adware in their software are scum. Downgraded to utorrent status.

ごふぁくおまいたち
Old 27.11.2013, 00:06
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugreportguy View Post
Trying to download the latest JD 2.0 Installer and my computer refuses to download it, saying it contains adware.

Please explain...
http://installer.jdownloader.org/ic/...tSetup_x86.exe
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Official
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**x86&x64
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**JavaRa
JDownloader:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**JD-ZIP
JD-Installer
JD-Nightly
JD2-x86
JD2-x64
JD2 noadware:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
JD2-upd only
JD Dev., Translator: http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/271
speedtest.net/result/3156325665.png
speedtest.net/result/2332385983.png
Old 30.11.2013, 09:17
Kougeru

So I'm completely new here because I just installed the program. Yesterday I ran a scan of malware bytes because I was going to be gone all day and didnt use my computer. 0 items found. Today, I installed your program. I declined every extra software offered to me. When it was done, there was two files on my desktop that lead to websites. I deleted them. Not 15 minutes later, my browsers all crashed. Firefox and Chrome. I restarted them and noticed my home pages were changed to some yahoo address.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This is the exact address, according to my history. Since then, my browsers have been crashing every 15-30 minutes. I decided to run malwarebytes again, and within only 30 minutes It has found 35 items. I went 14 months with ZERO results, ZERO malware, until I installed your program. I was really surprised to see this thread is so old and the issue is apparently not resolved, and from the looks of the posts...you guys don't even care.

Youre making money by doing this to people, I guess. I wonder if you know that this is actually illegal? I clicked every decline button offered to me, meaning you illegally installed crap on my computer.

I hope youre not bad people and this is all an accident, but after years of people reporting this it's really looking like you're not good people at all and if you really are just greedy criminals then I wont be surprised if you get shut down.

Last edited by Kougeru; 30.11.2013 at 09:19.
Old 30.11.2013, 10:50
Ehrenmitglied

1. NEVER USE THE WEB INSTALLER. It Contains Adware.

Quote:
I clicked every decline button offered to me,
On one Point of instalation, you must make a User defination install.
Quote:
I hope youre not bad people and this is all an accident
No theire are not bad people, only Businessmen...
Old 30.11.2013, 18:18
Kougeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
1. NEVER USE THE WEB INSTALLER. It Contains Adware.

On one Point of instalation, you must make a User defination install.

No theire are not bad people, only Businessmen...
I tried to install it mulitple times, decliding everything possible. Obviously it canceld the installation a few times. I'm 100% certain I was able to decline the installtion of "mysearch" or whatever, and yet that still ended up installed on my computer.

Over night, I found 45 vulnerabilities, all in registry or "mysearch" folder which again, should never have been installed.

If youre trying to defend them with #1, you failed because it's THEIR website, it's THEIR program. How are users supposed to know not to use which installer? It's still a crime since I clicked decline to install "mysearch" crap. They're only allowed to install what was advertised, which is "Jdownloader", thats all I agreed to.

I closed my browser overnight, something I never do. I did this because I knew it would just crash again. I woke up today to see my browser was open again and my homepage was changed..AGAIN. This time it was too some "mysearch" thing,but even worse was a MYSEARCH TOOLBAR was installed! This means it freaking installed the toolbar while i was sleeping. WHILE I WAS SLEEPING. This is reaching virus levels now.

I've already uninstalled everything and hopefully it's all fine now, but none the less you wont be getting any money or usage from me. I almost always donate money to good free projects too. This is NOT good. Either remove the adware-filled installer, or changed the installation process so that it actually DOESN'T install that crap when you click decline.

Code:
Registry Keys Detected: 26
HKCR\CLSID\{82E74373-58AB-47EB-B0F0-A1D82BB8EB5C} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\escort.escortIEPane.1 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\escort.escortIEPane (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{EF5625A3-37AB-4BDB-9875-2A3D91CD0DFD} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialHlpr.1 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialHlpr (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{EF5625A3-37AB-4BDB-9875-2A3D91CD0DFD} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\AppID\{CA5CAA63-B27C-4963-9BEC-CB16A36D56F8} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{3004627E-F8E9-4E8B-909D-316753CBA923} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialdskBnd.1 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialdskBnd (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{D40753C7-8A59-4C1F-BE88-C300F4624D5B} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\TypeLib\{C292AD0A-C11F-479B-B8DB-743E72D283B0} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\esrv.mysearchdialESrvc.1 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\esrv.mysearchdialESrvc (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Typelib\{FBC322D5-407E-4854-8C0B-555B951FD8E3} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Interface\{0400EBCA-042C-4000-AA89-9713FBEDB671} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{219046AE-358F-4CF1-B1FD-2B4DE83642A8} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{C358B3D0-B911-41E3-A276-E7D43A6BA56D} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialappCore.1 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\mysearchdial.mysearchdialappCore (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CLSID\{4ED063C9-4A0B-4B44-A9DC-23AFF424A0D3} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCR\m (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\Software\InstallCore\mysearchdial (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\INSTALLCORE (PUP.Optional.InstallCore.A) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\InstallCore\mysearchdial (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 3
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar|{3004627E-F8E9-4E8B-909D-316753CBA923} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> Data: mysearchdial Toolbar -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{3004627E-F8E9-4E8B-909D-316753CBA923} (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> Data:  -> No action taken.
HKCU\Software\InstallCore|tb (PUP.Optional.InstallCore.A) -> Data: 0A2O0R1R1H2Z1S1G0H1F -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Detected: 2
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main|Start Page (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> Bad: (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main|Start Page (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> Bad: (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Folders Detected: 2
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Roaming\mysearchdial (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Roaming\mysearchdial\icons_2.2.14.1379 (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 12
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mysearchdial\1.8.21.0\bh\mysearchdial.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mysearchdial\1.8.21.0\mysearchdialTlbr.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mysearchdial\1.8.21.0\mysearchdialsrv.exe (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mysearchdial\1.8.21.0\mysearchdialApp.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mysearchdial\1.8.21.0\mysearchdialEng.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Local\Temp\is136106020\mysearchdial.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Local\Temp\is136106020\mysearchdialApp.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Local\Temp\is136106020\mysearchdialEng.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Local\Temp\is136106020\mysearchdialsrv.exe (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Local\Temp\is136106020\mysearchdialTlbr.dll (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Roaming\mysearchdial\icons_2.2.14.1379\62.ico (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Kougeru\AppData\Roaming\mysearchdial\icons_2.2.14.1379\80.ico (PUP.Optional.MySearchDial.A) -> No action taken.

Program files (x86)\mysearchdial did not exist last night. it created itself while i was sleeping.

As you can see here, 26 of the issues were on done to the registry itself. Dangerous stuff. You should be ashamed, but again you dont seem to care and just seem to blame the user despite knowing weve declined everything except the actual jdownloader install. Again, remove or fix the bad install. You'll be investigated if this keeps up.
Old 01.12.2013, 01:01
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
Again, remove or fix the bad install.
I think this will be not done...
Download this version, with no installer http://bit.ly/19FrtPQ
Download, extract it, change to the extracted file, run JDownloader.jar with java.
Quote:
NEVER USE THE WEB INSTALLER. It Contains Adware.
For your problem with mysearchedial, look for Adware remover.

Last edited by Think3r; 03.01.2014 at 21:30. Reason: Link now visible
Old 01.12.2013, 11:06
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Dear users,

please excuse me for I have overlooked this thread, somehow... O_o
Let me tell you that the developers are currently in conversation with the manufacturers of the installer package. Until now, we have checked all reports and always came to the conclusion that the user must have overlooked one or more steps. For example, in one step you have to click on "Extended" to remove the adware (e.g. mysearchdial). Anyway, the developers are also checking their [financial] options concerning the installer package. We apologize for any inconveniences but freeware has to be financiated through advertising. Known software like ICQ, Skype or Java has got adware in their installers, too.

Greetz Think3r

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!

Last edited by Think3r; 01.12.2013 at 11:08.
Old 01.12.2013, 11:27
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
We apologize for any inconveniences but freeware has to be financiated through advertising. Known software like ICQ, Skype or Java has got adware in their installers, too.
Yes thats right, but the Adware of their is easy to deselect.
And the Installer is not aligned, to confuse the User.
FOr exmaple, i install java and i select the Ask Toolbar for install.
Its easy to remove this Toolbar, but this Thing (mysearchdial) digs really deep into the system. And the User have no Chance to deinstall, the crap, on a regular Way.
Old 01.12.2013, 11:52
Ogod

I've solved my problem installing jd2 from the webbrowser tool instead of the offline method, the problem is I installed a malware program called "mysearchdial", even when I said not to install it, I solved my problem but I've spent 3 hours of my time running anti-malware programs to remove all the shet that thing put on my registers, my browsers, etc. I was thinking on donating to you but I've changed my mind, guys, seriously, you should stop putting shet like that on your installers.
Old 01.12.2013, 13:50
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
I think this will be not done...
Download this version, with no installer http://bit.ly/19FrtPQ
Download, extract it, change to the extracted file, run JDownloader.jar with java.

For your problem with mysearchedial, look for Adware remover.
thanks for info. your link not visible for normal forum members
Code:
JD 0.9 offline multios zip: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**jd2 updater: http://upd0.appwork.org/jcgi/JDownloader
run jd2 updater and it turns into JD2

for adware removal: adwcleaner,malwarebytes anti-malware(deep scan>clean all),combofix(not working on w8)
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Official
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**x86&x64
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**JavaRa
JDownloader:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**JD-ZIP
JD-Installer
JD-Nightly
JD2-x86
JD2-x64
JD2 noadware:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725
http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
JD2-upd only
JD Dev., Translator: http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/271
speedtest.net/result/3156325665.png
speedtest.net/result/2332385983.png

Last edited by Think3r; 03.01.2014 at 21:30. Reason: Link now visible
Old 08.12.2013, 06:22
Luke

Default Not cool guys!

I refused every option to install a toolbar, change the default search engine, etc., but five adware programs were installed on my machine via WebInstaller.exe, the installer for JDownloader provided on your site. According to Malwarebytes, these are called Babylon.A, Linksicle, Conduit.A, InstallCore.A, and CrossRider.A. Please find another way to make money, and remove these programs from your installer.

Thanks,

Luke
Old 22.12.2013, 07:03
Anuseth

Default Avast malware warning

Whenever i opened JD2 avast gives malware warning:
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Please check it out
Old 23.12.2013, 15:50
Community Manager

Merged adware threads.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.01.2014, 00:22
hatchling

Default Never trusting again

I think you underestimate how many people feel about spy/ad/mal/crap-ware. Suffice it to say I'm never even considering installing JDownloader on any machine again.

If you wanted money you should have shown ads within the program itself instead.

It serves as a reminder that on the Internet even years of built-up trust mean nothing and you have to remain on the lookout. What an unbelievably scumbag move...
Old 02.01.2014, 12:35
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll never understand how people can install software and keep clicking "next next next" without reading...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.01.2014, 11:56
Shadowpt

There are people like me that are reading everything instead of just clicking "next next next" and the adware still installs without our consent. I just tried the JD2 installation and in the middle of the installation "mobogenie" was installed and already running. Jdownloader didn't even finish install before that crap was already installed and running!

I immediately closed the installation in task manager and removed that adware and only to find out that you guys have an alternative that works, yet you still leave that shit filled with spyware on your website for others to download without them knowing the problem?

Take down that crap at once or replace the link with the safe install you provide in this thread. You are only taking advantage of those that do not know about this problem and you are allowing them to be infected with this crap.

So you guys just accept and publish any installer that anyone gives you without testing at all? It's so easy, just download the installer and the anti-virus already warns about it being infected, you run it and halfway through some shit adware is already installed and running without your consent, after it ends all your homepages are changed to some shit yahoo crap.

Don't you even test these things?

Disgusting, to exploit your user's trust like that, i'd never imagine.

Last edited by Shadowpt; 04.01.2014 at 11:58.
Old 04.01.2014, 12:30
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback.
*removed by rrogntudjû*

GreeZ psp
In contradiction with yourself it seems:

Quote:
2.*removed by Think3r* GreeZ pspzockerscene
Honestly by respect for users stop that please.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 05.01.2014 at 16:04. Reason: removed wrong statement by psp (x2)
Old 05.01.2014, 15:17

psp wasn't aware of what he was saying. I apologize for this. Please don't take it seriously.
Greetz

PS: I removed the sentence.

Support Chat

Old 05.01.2014, 16:05
rrogntudjû

psp wasn't aware of what he was saying. I apologize for this. Please don't take it seriously.
Greetz

PS: I removed the first sentence too.

Edit: @Think3r
I must add that the fact you Think it is a "wrong statement" contrary to a lot of members who think exactly the opposite (or if you prefer like pspzocker when he is sincere and clairvoyant...) do not avoid psp is in contradiction with himself.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 05.01.2014 at 17:10.
Old 05.01.2014, 17:32

I don't think so, I know it. Not every member knows the same (due to decentralized supporting).
I will ban you again if you continue declaring us or the developers liars. It's simply wrong. You don't get the situation at all. Run your own freeware-based business. As said before, a new financing method is in the making.
Furthermore, I never said that his first statement was wrong. Anyway, this is the wrong place to discuss this, so back to topic please.
Greetz

Support Chat

Last edited by Think3r; 05.01.2014 at 17:37.
Old 05.01.2014, 18:19
rrogntudjû
Message deleted by Think3r. Reason: Annoying ********....banned 4ever
Old 05.01.2014, 21:27
Highchiller

Default WebInstaller infected!

Hey guys,

I've got some problems with my old JD. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the new version from jdownloader.org/download. I use Windows and download the "Web Installer".

After all JD worked quite well but my PC is infected by the sweet-page-virus. (For more informations and how to remove it: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Remove Sweet-Page.com hijack).

Im sure its infected cause its installed a software behind JD which is directly connected with the sweet-page-virus.

Hope you understand what im talking about.
Old 05.01.2014, 22:10
maynak00
Message deleted by Think3r.
Old 11.01.2014, 06:18
sampson

Unhappy Disappointing...Goodbye for now

Hi JDownloader team,

Let me start by saying that I've loved JDownloader for years. I've donated to you in the past as my way of showing that I support what you do. If you had offered a paid version of JDownloader, I would have paid for it, since there isn't any other program out there that can handle automated filesharing sites' downloading as effectively.

That said, I have to part ways with JDownloader. After recently reformatting and reinstalling all my apps, I contracted five separate Malware installations (Mobogenie and others) after running the Web Installer. As a developer myself, I am incredibly careful about watching installation processes, reading every screen, and making sure I know what's being installed. In this case, all of these malware installations were done silently, without the user (me) being offered any opportunity to opt-out.

That is unacceptable. A quick google search revealed that JDownloader itself is now considered "pups malware" by Kaspersky and others due to these silent malware installations.

I appreciate that the staff has offered to Teamviewer in to users' PC's to fix these malware installations, but that's something that shouldn't have to happen. Only with JDownloader do I have to allow a stranger full access to my PC just to use a program.

I also appreciate that the developers have to eat. Freeware isn't free - as a developer of freeware myself, I understand and appreciate that. But JDownloader has gone down the wrong road here and that's why I have to part ways. What's most frustrating is that JDownloader itself remains an excellent program - it's the dishonest installation process that's ruining it.

Let me be clear - this path of monetization will be the ruin of JDownloader. All of the hard work that's been put into this program, and the reputation that the devs and forum moderators have built, is evaporating and will soon be gone altogether. If things don't change, I expect that JDownloader will be dead and gone within one or two years, since users will stop installing (or their antivirus will stop them), the revenue will dry up, and the devs will move on to other, more profitable projects.

It's 2014 - there are so many good, honest ways to monetize your software. Kickstarter or other crowd-sourcing campaigns are one; in-app advertisements are another. But silently dropping malware onto users' PC's and then justifying it in forums by saying "we have to make money somehow" is unsustainable and unacceptable.

Farewell for now, JDownloader - I realize that there isn't really an acceptable replacement for your software, but that's a loss I'm just going to have to accept, because in a post-Snowden world, the idea of allowing into my sanctum a program that knowingly and intentionally installs malware is unconscionable.

I'll monitor this thread periodically, and if it turns out that JDownloader abandons these misguided monetization schemes, I'll be back in a heartbeat, but until then, you've lost me and mine from your userbase.

Goodbye, and thanks!