JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.09.2009, 04:19
Baby Loader

Default Little Mac bug report

Using JD Java 0.8.324 on Mac OS X.5.6, iMac 2009

Did not update JD for a while, sure it's good to see how it evolved. The interface is more cleaned up, startup time is like 5 seconds, maybe 3 seconds on repeated start, which is good for a Java app. Link check for huge containers is noticably faster.

Little bug report:
- current shortcuts are Ctrl-based, like Ctrl-A instead of Cmd-A for 'activate all'. Not a biggie, but might not occur to some users
- I can push the window out of the desktop frame, i.e. push the window out at the top so that the window bar is outside the screen. Might happen that you can not drag it back. And the window position stays at quit&restart. What it should do is that the window runs against the top menu bar but not beyond it.
- also exhaustive RAM usage. start of JD, no activity in it, empty download window etc. Load in container with 80 links, let download a while. Usage of physical RAM according to OS X's Activity Monitor fluctuates between 1.8 and 2.8 GB, virtual: 2.87 GB (I have 4).

Please also note reported problems with Snow Leopard, even though I can not verify those myself.

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.03.2010 at 11:22.
Old 17.03.2010, 07:30
JD Addict

+1

I have recently, SEVERAL TIMES, pushed the active window up so that the title bar is below the Mac's menu bar, and am unable to move it ever again. No amount of resizing, minimizing, messing with Spaces or Expose, will fix this problem. This appears to be a platform-specific programming error.
Old 17.03.2010, 11:22
JD Manager

How to unstuck jDownloader underneath menubar
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The Keyboard Keys must be changed by our mac developer. Im sorry but we only have 0-2 active mac developers so its not easy to fix/write special mac things.

The memory thing is a java/mac bug we dont know how to prevent yet. jd has a maximum ram limit of 512mb, all above this is a memleak in os/firewall/av. (same goes for windows too)
Old 17.03.2010, 13:20
JD Addict

@Jiaz

Thanks for the unsticking thing. That was real annoying, but at least there's a work around. :-) BTW, I didn't hear any audio, so Mac n00bs might not know they need to go into System Preferences and make sure Spaces in Enabled, and then take note which key is used to activate Spaces (mine is F8).
Old 17.03.2010, 14:25
JD Manager

I dont use MAC, so thanks for explaining how to do that whats done in the video.
Old 17.03.2010, 14:55
remi

Cool

Jiaz, it's a miracle you found that video.

I could use it elsewhere.