JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 03.04.2021, 10:33
JD Legend

Default Packagizer custom "chunk" settings rule....help

Hi

With the packagizer there are many pre download settings avalible...

I want to make ALL DLs from a specific host be forced to only DL with "1" chunk. Without having to manually set the chunk number each time.

Ive tried a bunch of different times with the packagizer to make JD2 do this with each DL from this one host...I cant get it working.

If you would please tell me the EXACT "conditions" and rules; also which boxes need to checked along with what text it needs exactly to properly run the DLs the way Id like

Thanks
Old 03.04.2021, 14:27
English Supporter

for what host?
should be downloadurl contains domainname either as domain or regex
and then chunk value, remember it only works for added links that have matched that rule, and not existing links already within either list

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.04.2021, 02:22
JD Legend

For the host "depositfiles"
In "downloadurl" I have it listed like this:
Box checked w"downloadurl" "contains" depositfiles.com*depositfiles.org*dfiles.eu*dfiles.ru....is this right?
+
"Chunks/connections" box checked and set to "1"

So I only need these two boxes checked and filled in with the url host name?

Thats it? Also u said it will only work on "new fresh links" added after the rule is created? So Id have to rescan all my old DFiles links before the new rule will read them?
Old 04.04.2021, 05:25
English Supporter

think with non regex you need to seperate with comma delimited else its a string to match the entire thing.
when you use contains, you shouldn't need to use a wildcards eg. * as its part match already

try just a single domain and use the tester to a given url. the valid domains are those. but the default depends geolocation and redirect testing.

Old 05.04.2021, 01:09
JD Legend

I tried creating 3 separate rules for each of the three domains. So each rule only has the one domain in the "downloadurl" "contains" box. Do I need "https//www." here?

I set the "1" chunk. Then went to test a DL while not manually setting the chunk level...problem still....i have it set to "1" chunk in the rule, but when it goes to DL; JD2 uses all chunks (20)

Wondering also....So the only two(2) boxes that need to be checked and filled in are the "downloadurl" & "chunks/connections" <--That it? Or is there other rules that need to be checked before it will work? Do I need to check eg. "Matches any file or link and ignores conditions below" ?

admittedly Im kinda new to the packagizer, and am trying to figure it out lol.

Ive wanted to auto control the "chunks" pre host for awhile...would still like to see a "chunk" setting in the "usage rules" in account manager some day.

Thanks

Last edited by MrGonzo; 05.04.2021 at 01:14.
Old 05.04.2021, 04:07
English Supporter

Yah usage rules might be useful

you only need that (downloadurl) single condition

with contains you just need the domain, you can seperate domain1.com,domain2.com,etc
just make sure your not using regex of course. else pattern will be invalid
regex: domain1\.com|domain2\.com|etc

Old 05.04.2021, 08:09
JD Legend

Sorry, what is regex? Where is that?

What I dont get is what am I missing or doing wrong that is making it not work? Ive done what uve said to do I think...ya what is regex?

You said..."Yah usage rules might be useful" ...which rules should i check and activate?

...See this is why it would just be sooo much more simple if u guys could just put a universal "chunk" setting for EACH host (while still keeping the manual setting available) in the "usage rules" area of the account manager....then I wouldnt have to try and create manually these rules in the packagizer....kinda a pain in the ass lol.

Last edited by MrGonzo; 05.04.2021 at 08:20.
Old 05.04.2021, 14:27
English Supporter

package customiser is a developed ui, maybe it has the better of you.
regex checkbox[*] to the right on linkgrabber filters and package customer rules when applicable

usage rules came after package customiser in evolution terms. There should be a ui for usagerules in the account manager vs json field. but hey thats how the cookie crumbles at times.

raztoki

Old 06.04.2021, 03:13
JD Legend

I have no trouble getting to "usage rules"
I just wish I could "pre-set" the chunk # for EACH host. Seems like a logical place to put this setting would be in the "usage rules" when one is setting up which host JD2 uses...a chunk setting right beside it would save SOOO much time.

Ill keep trying to work with the packagizer but im not optimistic
Old 06.04.2021, 20:20
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGonzo View Post
Thats it? Also u said it will only work on "new fresh links" added after the rule is created? So Id have to rescan all my old DFiles links before the new rule will read them?
Rules are only processed when adding them. But you can easily just mass set the chunks for selected link(s)/package(s) in list. You can use filter at the bottom to only show depositfiles, then select all and then rightclick, set chunks

Just change all links in list manually via this easy way and seutp a packagizer rule for all future links -> voila, you're done

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.04.2021 at 20:22.
Old 06.04.2021, 20:20
JD Manager

You just need a single rule
downloadURL contains depositfiles.com
set chunks to 1

Domain rules do not yet support chunks

Old 07.04.2021, 08:51
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
But you can easily just mass set the chunks for selected link(s)/package(s) in list.

Just change all links in list manually via this easy way and seutp a packagizer rule for all future links -> voila, you're done

a. That works if I have a lot of DFiles links. But sometimes I need to set it manually to 1 for just 2-3 lniks.
(I want the chunk setting added so that I dont have to manually set it each time for only a few links. But yes sometimes its for 10-15 links, which is why having to manually set it for each its pain.) Its also a bit of work if i have to manually set the chunks if i have multiple links from various different hosts..which need their own custom different chunk setting...pain in the ass.

b. Ive been trying to get the packagizer to work with this "1" chunk rule. Havent yet found the right settings to make JD2 auto do this(kinda new to the packagizer settings)....Im working on it.

Thanks Jiaz for getting some tickets up for this issue.

Last edited by MrGonzo; 07.04.2021 at 08:56.
Old 07.04.2021, 13:14
JD Manager

a.) I'm sorry but I don't understand. The suggested way is fast for only few links or mass selection. A chunk setting won't make it easier because either it affects all links in list, or it affects all fresh added links. I don't see any advantage over manual applying settings and/or packagize rules.
A chunk setting you still have to change settings for different host and what you want to achieve.

b.) worked fine here, can you provide screenshot of your rule or export it