JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.05.2015, 18:45
dark_steybow

Default Edit DLCs

Hi,

there's any option to edit DLCs? I enables to create a bulk edit in url,folder download, package names, etc.

if not in Jdownloader, how can I open, edit and save DLCs?
Old 18.05.2015, 11:39
JD Manager

DLCs are containers and do not contain folder download. Also JD does not support editing of them.
Why not simply import the DLC and export it again? Or use of of the many services out there (google)
Old 13.09.2015, 00:23
dark_steybow

just think about mass download, I have a lot of urls, links, etc, I need a mass edit of folder, name, anything.

Just imagine that I whant to change any property in jdownloader but to 10k downloads.
Old 13.09.2015, 18:09
JD Manager

? Mass edit is pretty simple?!
Either select all wished stuff (via filters, quickfilters, search bar) and then edit via RightClick -> Properties

OR
Create a Packagizer Rule to setup wished content automatic

OR
use AddLinks Dialog and pre-setup some stuff

OR
Use Packagizer to setup stuff for manuall added links/container only

Can you help to explain exactly the issue/usecase?
Old 25.05.2021, 23:26
JD Fan

So is this still the situation, no way to edit them?
I have a big dlc backup with mixed content I made and I need to exclude some Instagram links in it since Instagram IP-bans me after just a few links which leads to JD stalling and not moving on with the rest of stuff in the DLC.
Tried using the linkgrabber filter but it seems that it still process the links -> IP banned -> JD stalls, instead of completely ignoring them in the first place.
Old 26.05.2021, 02:08
English Supporter

you could use link filter filter rules to exclude known links/hosters and prevent activity.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 26.05.2021, 04:29
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
you could use link filter filter rules to exclude known links/hosters and prevent activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzzzomnia View Post
Tried using the linkgrabber filter but it seems that it still process the links -> IP banned -> JD stalls, instead of completely ignoring them in the first place.
So, no?
Old 26.05.2021, 10:51
JD Manager

Quote:
You have to use sourceURL condition in your Linkfilter, then those links won't be processed at all.
downloadURL condition happens AFTER the link being processed
Old 26.05.2021, 22:46
JD Fan

And that's what I've done.
So if you are sure that it's not a bug involved so it process it anyway and that it really work I have something else, unknown, in there that makes it stall.
So now I really need a way to edit it manually since I can't filter it.
Old 27.05.2021, 12:56
JD Manager

Can you please share your linkfilter rule? Or create screenshot of your rule?
Old 28.05.2021, 01:41
JD Fan

Code:
Sourceurl(s) contains instagram.com
is the latest one and I've tried a bunch of others, both regular and regex which all say they match.
Old 28.05.2021, 02:16
Community Manager

Filtering is working fine here.
If your DLC contains several thousands of items you may run into several other issues like websites timing out or crawlers taking a huge amount of time.

Let's assume that the issue is not caused by any crawler related time wasting processes (apart from maybe Instagram).
Additionally to the "ignore instagram URLs" rule, try the following:
1. Make sure that JD isn't doing anything at this moment.
Then go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Search for "do linkcollector link check" --> DISABLE this
2. Add your DLC - all URLs should get added quite fast (but without any status as JD skips the linkcheck).
Now you can sort your URLs in the LinkGrabber and only keep the stuff you want.
You can let JD perform a manual linkcheck on selected items at any time via Rightclick -> Check online status

In general, you should re-enable the above setting when continuing to use JD as you usually want it to check the links you're adding.

Just in case there is anything you've done wrong, here is a screenshot of a working "filter instagram.com URLs" rule:

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 28.05.2021, 11:24
JD Manager

@inzzzomnia: I've just tested and works as expected. The rule must be Settings-Linkgrabber Filter->Filter and of course the Linkgrabber Filter must be enabled.
The filter avoids any instagram accounts to be processed at all (no requests). Tested with DLC with 1000 links in it.
Can you provide DLC for testing? to support@jdownloader.org
Maybe it doesn't contain the instagram links directly but sort of crawler inbetween?
Old 30.05.2021, 00:34
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Filtering is working fine here.
If your DLC contains several thousands of items you may run into several other issues like websites timing out or crawlers taking a huge amount of time.

Let's assume that the issue is not caused by any crawler related time wasting processes (apart from maybe Instagram).
Additionally to the "ignore instagram URLs" rule, try the following:
1. Make sure that JD isn't doing anything at this moment.
Then go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Search for "do linkcollector link check" --> DISABLE this
2. Add your DLC - all URLs should get added quite fast (but without any status as JD skips the linkcheck).
Now you can sort your URLs in the LinkGrabber and only keep the stuff you want.
You can let JD perform a manual linkcheck on selected items at any time via Rightclick -> Check online status

In general, you should re-enable the above setting when continuing to use JD as you usually want it to check the links you're adding.

Just in case there is anything you've done wrong, here is a screenshot of a working "filter instagram.com URLs" rule:

-psp-
Yes, that's exactly what my filter looks like.

That setting doesn't seem to work since, even after a restart, the links are added in the same tempo as before and the "Finding links" bubble appears with the field Online slowly counting upwards so seems that the links are checked. Or I know they are checked since some of them appear as Offline in the Linkgrabber window. Are there any other setting related to this that I need to check for this to happen? Sounds like the best solution if you can't share how to edit it directly.

[EDIT] New links I add isn't checked if they are online, or more exactly most of them aren't, so this seem to be either random or somewhat selective in a way I don't understand.[/EDIT]

Quote:
@inzzzomnia: I've just tested and works as expected. The rule must be Settings-Linkgrabber Filter->Filter and of course the Linkgrabber Filter must be enabled.
The filter avoids any instagram accounts to be processed at all (no requests). Tested with DLC with 1000 links in it.
Can you provide DLC for testing? to support@jdownloader.org
Maybe it doesn't contain the instagram links directly but sort of crawler inbetween?
No sorry I can't, mainly because it contains private stuff and secondly it's way to big to be emailed.
But since I use the above rule the instagram stuff should be out of the question so then there are something else. Depending of what you mean with that in between thing, can you elaborate?

If you have a way to check the DLC why don't you share it? I don't get why it's encrypted in the first place, seems so completely pointless and unnecessary. To what purpose?

Last edited by inzzzomnia; 30.05.2021 at 06:33. Reason: See text.
Old 30.05.2021, 08:45
English Supporter

DLC is just a encrypted container. DLC was designed to share links without the link(s) being exposed to other parties. It has also been stated numerous times its not designed as a backup medium of your previous or current download/linkgrabber lists. That said, it should either work or not work (say corrupted file) and no in-between.

In terms of linkgrabber filter, filter rules, I can not say why this is not working for you, as it works for everyone here. Bit hard for us to provide a reason to why, I'm not sure, you've stated numerous times its the same as the example, but at a guess maybe not a filter rule and instead a views rule? without seeing your setup guess at best.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 31.05.2021, 18:52
JD Manager

Let's try to check this step by step:
0.) your links show up as "instagram.com" in linkgrabber on right side/quickfilter in hoster section? they must not have prefix http_ !
1.) does the test button in your filter rule successfully apply/filter out a instagram test URL? The regex checkbox must not be enabled!
2.) The rule is added in Settings->Linkgrabber Filter->"Filter tab" and NOT "Views" tab ?
3.) Linkgrabber Filter is enabled? Settings->Linkgrabber Filter, checkbox in scrollbar or upper right corner
4.) You don't have any filter in Settings->Linkgrabber Filter->*Views* tab, that matches your instagram URLs ?

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.05.2021 at 18:56.
Old 17.06.2021, 04:22
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
DLC is just a encrypted container. DLC was designed to share links without the link(s) being exposed to other parties. It has also been stated numerous times its not designed as a backup medium of your previous or current download/linkgrabber lists. That said, it should either work or not work (say corrupted file) and no in-between.

In terms of linkgrabber filter, filter rules, I can not say why this is not working for you, as it works for everyone here. Bit hard for us to provide a reason to why, I'm not sure, you've stated numerous times its the same as the example, but at a guess maybe not a filter rule and instead a views rule? without seeing your setup guess at best.

raztoki
Sure, I get the purpose of it as an easy way to share a bunch of links but I still don't get the point of encrypting it, not when you in theory just have to use JD to see them. If you don't want them exposed you don't post them in the open. I don't see what value the encryption add if not accompanied by a password.

That it's been stated to others numerous times is of no relevance in this case since I haven't read every single post made in this forum and have never seen DLCs as anything else than a container for links. And on top of that the creation of a DLC is available as a right click in the linkgrabber menu so why would one think it wouldn't work?

What's done, is done and now I'm looking for a way to solve it. Was just surprised and puzzled when I found them to be encrypted with no possibility to edit them manually.

Quote:
Let's try to check this step by step:
0.) your links show up as "instagram.com" in linkgrabber on right side/quickfilter in hoster section? they must not have prefix http_ !
1.) does the test button in your filter rule successfully apply/filter out a instagram test URL? The regex checkbox must not be enabled!
2.) The rule is added in Settings->Linkgrabber Filter->"Filter tab" and NOT "Views" tab ?
3.) Linkgrabber Filter is enabled? Settings->Linkgrabber Filter, checkbox in scrollbar or upper right corner
4.) You don't have any filter in Settings->Linkgrabber Filter->*Views* tab, that matches your instagram URLs ?

Seems I was a bit unclear in my reply.
Instagram is filtered out, everything except the first line in my previous reply is about the "do linkcollector link check" part of your answer.
The links aren't just added as you describe, they are all still checked for being online or not.

As I wrote new links aren't checked so seems the suggested setting doesn't apply to DLCs.
Old 17.06.2021, 11:27
Community Manager

Regarding DLC:
Well technically you could edit them but it is not a plain text container so in order to edit them user friendly, an extra tool would be needed and as said, you should be able to just use JD for that.
Are you planning to edit DLCs on a daily basis?
Would you prefer JD to use a different plaintext or XML export format instead of DLC so you could simply open it in a text editor of your choice?

Quote:
As I wrote new links aren't checked so seems the suggested setting doesn't apply to DLCs.
That is impossible.

My guess is that your DLC contains more URLs that first go through a crawler.
Crawler plugins can also set the online status even without "checking" URLs and the "do link check" setting won't turn crawlers off as this would take away the ability to add certain links e.g. cloud folders like Google Drive or URLs to video websites that are crawled first in order to e.g. find multiple qualities.

So the questions here are:
- Which URLs are "still checked" (which host do they belong to?)
- Please provide a log

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.06.2021, 11:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Sure, I get the purpose of it as an easy way to share a bunch of links but I still don't get the point of encrypting it, not when you in theory just have to use JD to see them.
DLC is very old and comes of ages where every tool had it's own encrypted sharing container format like CCF2,CCF3, RSDF and always locked to their own application. From a time where ppl/sites wanted to share links without making it *easy* to abuse them. That's why we invented the open (every can create, tools can read) DLC and provided support for other tools instead of lock down.

Quote:
I don't see what value the encryption add if not accompanied by a password.
The idea of those sharing containers is to provide an easy way of link sharing without providing direct/easy access to the direct links.
Yes, you can always intercept traffic/decrypt those files...but that's how those containers work and we cannot just change the way they work/their format without breaking compatibility to other tools/sites.

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.06.2021 at 12:14.
Old 17.06.2021, 12:01
JD Manager

Quote:
That it's been stated to others numerous times is of no relevance in this case since I haven't read every single post made in this forum and have never seen DLCs as anything else than a container for links. And on top of that the creation of a DLC is available as a right click in the linkgrabber menu so why would one think it wouldn't work?
DLC is nearly 12 years old and in the days back then, ppl used DLC and other containers to share links without giving direct/easy access to the links.
DLC still works for this use case and should only be used for this use case. As already explained, it's no backup/export container as it doesn't save any additional meta information