JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.03.2019, 21:39
JD Beta

Default Slow downloads K2S

Recently I have been getting extremely slow download speeds with K2S.

I have tried adding more chuncks but to no avail.

Browser download is faster than JD now :(

Anyone else experiencing this ?
Old 04.03.2019, 13:16
JD Manager

Nothing has changed on JD site. So either it's random or something on your system/setup is causing the speed difference.
Please compare same file with same settings(account, number of connections) and verify speed with taskmanager/network speed graph
Old 04.03.2019, 18:26
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Nothing has changed on JD site. So either it's random or something on your system/setup is causing the speed difference.
Please compare same file with same settings(account, number of connections) and verify speed with taskmanager/network speed graph
The problem is only with k2s. RG, uploaded and gigapeta (which are the other accounts i currently subscribe to) all have full speed up to my 35mb/s limit.

I have speed tested against Amsterdam servers as k2s said that might be an issue, but on multiple dl i get up to full speed.

I try adding chuncks to my k2s downloads, from 4-16 but nothing changes, also tried turning on API.

Last edited by shallow2; 04.03.2019 at 19:28.
Old 04.03.2019, 19:32
JD Manager

Did you check if account is still used? tried to remove/add the account again?
35mb/s would require minimum 280mbit/s connection. Sure you're mean 35mbyte/s ?
Old 04.03.2019, 21:59
JD Beta

Quote:
Did you check if account is still used? tried to remove/add the account again?
35mb/s would require minimum 280mbit/s connection. Sure you're mean 35mbyte/s ?
300/300mbit fiberoptic :D

I get the same low speeds when downloading in browser, but the advantage of JD should be more chuncks = faster downloads. Im not seeing that for the last few weeks.

Can you check if the chunk feature is working on k2s ?

Last edited by shallow2; 04.03.2019 at 22:21.
Old 05.03.2019, 10:54
JD Manager

You have to increase/set the chunks BEFORE the download starts. Once the download has started, it's no longer possible to increase chunks. You will have to rightclick reset the link to make use of changed chunks settings. this is due to old download core with static chunking.

You should first try to download with max connections set to 1 and check speed.
then set max connections to 2, rihgtclick reset and compare speed
and then the same with 4 connections.
does the speed increase or stay the same?

also please check account status in Settings-Accounts, does it show up as premium?
Old 05.03.2019, 19:01
JD Beta

Yes it is Premium and shows up as that.

I know i have to change chunck settings before dl starts. have it on 6, but have tried increasing without any effect.

The DL starts at around 2 mb/s, then after 30-40% the speed plummets.

As you can see from the lower window, the speed drops quickly Down to 140 kb/s..

Then sometimes it speeds up again towards the end of dl..

Weird.
Old 05.03.2019, 19:18
JD Manager

Screenshots still show Chunks at 1, you can enlarge the colum, looks like a 1 to me and not 6.
You have to set max connections to 6 and then rightclick reset the already begun download.
Old 05.03.2019, 20:22
JD Beta

Quote:
Screenshots still show Chunks at 1, you can enlarge the colum, looks like a 1 to me and not 6.
You have to set max connections to 6 and then rightclick reset the already begun download.
I just expanded the connections tab, and you are right. Never knew that was visible.

I have it set JD to use 6 chunks, and K2S downloads starts out at 6, but as the download progresses it goes down to 1 in increments like a countdown..

here is a video showing the chunks dropping (this time it stopped at 3 but the above dl you can see finishing at 1) sorry for the shaking as it drops from 6 to 5, held the phone With stright arm in front of monitor

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by shallow2; 05.03.2019 at 20:37.
Old 06.03.2019, 12:16
JD Manager

It's normal that the number of connections are dropping to 1 with progress of download. That's due to static chunking in current download core. the file is split in x parts and each connection will download a single part. but the question is, is the speed higher with multiple connections or does it slow down even with multiple connections in use?

Thanks for the video. It answers my question above
I would suggest to set max connections to 10 and max downloads to 4

More connections = more speed is a sign for either bad routing/interconnection of your ISP to the server or
very high latency/packet loss on the way.

What is your download speed with max connections to 1 for the following file
http://cdn8.appwork.org/speed.zip ?
(just dummy file, can't be extracted!)
Old 06.03.2019, 21:53
JD Beta

Quote:
It's normal that the number of connections are dropping to 1 with progress of download. That's due to static chunking in current download core. the file is split in x parts and each connection will download a single part. but the question is, is the speed higher with multiple connections or does it slow down even with multiple connections in use?

Thanks for the video. It answers my question above
I would suggest to set max connections to 10 and max downloads to 4

More connections = more speed is a sign for either bad routing/interconnection of your ISP to the server or
very high latency/packet loss on the way.

What is your download speed with max connections to 1 for the following file
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**... ?
(just dummy file, can't be extracted!)
Re:speed, it varies, it can stay at 5 -6 Connect and still drop speed, but most of the time more chunks = more speed.

When downloading that file with only 1 chunk i get 7.78 mb/s down.

With 6 chunks i get 37 mb/s :D

I am having issues With another host if i set number of chunks too high. Gigapeta does not like 7-8 ++ chunks. Is there any way for me to limit just that one host, or could you set max 6 chunks on gigapeta ?

Last edited by shallow2; 06.03.2019 at 23:02.
Old 07.03.2019, 11:50
JD Manager

Thanks to your report I will limit gigapeta to max 6 connections per download Will be changed with next plugin update
In case you encounter issues with hosters and higher number of connections, please report them so we can update the upper limits in plugins. The plugin should take care of them and not the user
Do you know about other hosts with issues
Old 07.03.2019, 21:38
JD Beta

Quote:
Thanks to your report I will limit gigapeta to max 6 connections per download Will be changed with next plugin update
In case you encounter issues with hosters and higher number of connections, please report them so we can update the upper limits in plugins. The plugin should take care of them and not the user
Do you know about other hosts with issues
Not right now. I currently have premium on RG, Uploaded, Gigapeta and K2S. I know you set a max on RG a while back, but never had any issues with Uploaded.

But I have always had max set to 5 or 6 due to Gigapeta issues, so now that i increase max to 15, i will let you know if any others show problems.

Also now saw that the number of chunks isnt neccessarily the problem, just now the speed dropped to 60kb/s while still connected to 5 chunks on K2S.. It bounces up and down.

My biggest problem now is that on some days the speed i so low that i am unable to downlod my 50gb limit before reset at 01.00 CET :(
Old 08.03.2019, 10:10
JD Manager

The up/downs of the speed and scaling (more connections= more speed) is a sign for bad connection/routing between you/your ISP and the server. I guess you're not from europe where most services host their servers and longer distance and maybe overloaded routes(packet loss) will cause those up/downs.

Maybe try combination of max connections set to 10 and max downloads to 6-8 ?
Old 08.03.2019, 18:43
JD Beta

Quote:
The up/downs of the speed and scaling (more connections= more speed) is a sign for bad connection/routing between you/your ISP and the server. I guess you're not from europe where most services host their servers and longer distance and maybe overloaded routes(packet loss) will cause those up/downs.

Maybe try combination of max connections set to 10 and max downloads to 6-8 ?
I am in Norway, and k2s servers are in Amsterdam.

I asked ISP to try k2s testfiles but they refused.. so no way of knowing if it is just my Connection or ISP - K2S that is the issue..

Before I would download the entire 50gb k2s quato in 2-3 hrs between 22.00-01.00, but now I have to start some in the morning to be sure to get all 50gb before reset

Never had problems wit hany other hosts or torrents or anything so not sure what the issue is this time..

thanks for all Your help and advice though. looking forward to the gigapeta max fix.
Old 08.03.2019, 19:18
JD Manager

You can use winmtr(tool, google for it) and do some connection tests and check if the route is overloaded/high latency/packet loss.

While downloading from k2s, the connection column, move mouse and the tooltop will show the server address. that one you can enter in winmtr and check the route to this destination
Old 09.03.2019, 12:39
JD Beta

Quote:
You can use winmtr(tool, google for it) and do some connection tests and check if the route is overloaded/high latency/packet loss.

While downloading from k2s, the connection column, move mouse and the tooltop will show the server address. that one you can enter in winmtr and check the route to this destination
New gigapeta chunk limit works perfectly, thanks again.

Edit:

For some reason, not sure if there was a pending k2s update in there too that i had not installed or if k2s sorted their issues, but.. K2S download seem to be back to normal..

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by shallow2; 09.03.2019 at 13:29.
Old 12.03.2019, 20:50
JD Manager

Nothing has changed on JDownloader side, so I guess it was just a temporarily network issue. Thanks for the feedback!