JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.01.2022, 20:51
DSL User

Default Windows taskbar progressbar is incorrect

1. Add few files to one package and start download
2. Change Windows taskbar so it shows full "labels" instead of square ones (I don't know how it's called in english, see video so you will know what I'm talking about)
3. Observe weird progressbar behavior

See this video for a proof: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 04.01.2022, 17:15
JD Manager

@zdzichu476: That's wanted behaviour. Finished/Disabled downloads are not part of the progress calculation. Else the progress bar will be mainly influenced by those and show a distorted overall progress. Imagine 9/10 links are already downloads, then overall progress will just show 90%-100% and it's getting *worse* the more finished links you have in list.

Please feel free to comment and share thoughts on this topic!
Old 04.01.2022, 20:25
DSL User

Ok I get what you mean, but as it is right now it just looks like progressbar is broken. Can you instead add advanced option to configure so it will take finished downloads into calculations?

Last edited by zdzichu476; 05.01.2022 at 00:42.
Old 05.01.2022, 11:35
JD Manager

@zdzichu476: no changes in years and only unfinished&enabled links are accounted for the progress bar. Your video doesn't show the actual links within the packages and their loaded/total bytes. To me it looks like one download finishes, then its loaded/total bytes are no longer part of the calculation. You can see small *pause* on progress when taskbar progress falls back.
Old 05.01.2022, 11:36
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzichu476 View Post
can you instead add advanced option to configure so it will take finished downloads into calculations?

I can add support for this but you won't be happy with progress either. the more finished links, the smaller the progress will be.
Imagine you have 100 links in list, 99 are finished, then the progress of the last download file will happen
between 99% and 100%, so you won't see any progress at all.
Old 05.01.2022, 17:45
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

I can add support for this but you won't be happy with progress either. the more finished links, the smaller the progress will be.
Imagine you have 100 links in list, 99 are finished, then the progress of the last download file will happen
between 99% and 100%, so you won't see any progress at all.
But that is exactly what I want. I expect "progressbar" to show progress of WHOLE download. Let's say I add some multipart archive (eg. 10x 5GB) and I press start and minimize jDownloader. Now the progressbar just behaves very weird like in that recorded video. If you implement this change i requested, then it will show progress for that whole download (eg when 9 files will be finished and 10th will be downloading, then progressbar will be at 90+%). I know that with default "grouped" taskbar icons it will be very small, but if you use expanded/classic taskbar labels then you will see difference.

I have another example for you: 7-zip. When you extract archive, even multipart archive, it also uses taskbar progressbar and it's for whole extraction process, not for extraction of single file, or not for extraction of one multipart archive. So it takes "finished" files and that is expected behavior of progressbar. So jDownloader should behave the same and take into account finished tasks. If you implement this as an option then it's a win-win situation for everybody, current users won't notice any change and those who need will change it.
Old 05.01.2022, 18:22
JD Manager

@zdzichu476: But this only works for a process with defined start/end, like extraction or download of x files.
But in JDownloader, many ppl keep their finished links in list so the taskbar progress would be distorted by those links.
But I will add support for this special mode that also incorporates the finished links.
Old 28.08.2022, 12:39
Super Loader

Default Fehlerhafte Darstellung des Fortschritts in der Taskleiste - Windows 7

Ich kann mich nicht daran erinnern, dass es jemals korrekt war und es stört auch nicht sonderlich aber vielleicht kann man das ja doch mal beheben.

Unter Windows 7 wird der Fortschritt des Downloads in der Taskleiste innerhalb der Schaltfläche von JDownloader angezeigt. Allerdings stimmt die Darstellung nicht annähernd mit tatsächlichen Fortschritt überein.
Wenn z.B. der Download zu 90% fertiggestellt ist, wird in der Taskleiste etwa 50% angezeigt. Erst zum Schluss, wenn der Download fast fertig gestellt ist, dann ist der Fortschritt in der Taskleiste auch komplett ausgefüllt.
Old 28.08.2022, 14:32
JD Manager

@T3rm1: Ohne Screenshots kann ich wenig dazu sagen, außer das sich der Progress Fortschritt der Taskbar nicht 1:1 abbildet, da zb fertige Links aus der Berechnung herausgenommen werden. Sonst würdest du bei mehr und mehr Links in der Liste am Ende nur noch zwischen 99 und 100% den Fortschritt sehen.
Old 28.08.2022, 15:01
Super Loader

@Jiaz das ist ja auch total sinnvoll und sollte gar nicht anders sein. Ich werde beim nächsten Mal ein paar Screenshots anfertigen.
Ich hatte 4 Pakete, die vollständig heruntergeladen waren (von vergangenen Tagen). Das 5. Paket (am aktuellen Tag hinzugefügt und gestartet) war zu 90% fertig. Die Taskleiste zeigte etwa 50% an.
Old 28.08.2022, 19:14
JD Manager

@T3rm1: Mittels Screenshots kann ich viel besser die aktuelle Situation zum angezeigten Fortschritt *matchen* und dann evtl auch erklären warum/wieso Am besten bei den Screenshots auch immer die einzelnen Links der Pakete zu sehen, also die Pakete nicht im zugeklappten Zustand. Screenshots auch gerne an support@jdownloader.org
Old 03.09.2022, 01:05
Super Loader

@Jiaz hab die Bilder per E-Mail gesendet.
Old 03.09.2022, 10:01
JD Manager

@T3rm1: Danke, schau ich mir dann an Montag an
Old 05.09.2022, 19:46
JD Manager

@T3rm1: Habe dir auf deine Mail geantwortet
Old 06.09.2022, 17:17
Community Manager

@T3rm1
Deine Anregungen im Ticket sind interessant und ich finde, du solltest diese bzw. konkrete Vorschläge, wie du dir das Verhalten der Progressbar vorstellst und warum Verhalten XY für dich am besten ist ebenfalls hier im Forum posten, sodass andere User auch ihre Meinung dazu schreiben können.

Grüße, psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?