JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.06.2021, 06:21
JD Fan

Default Specific regex version to use for linkcrawler?

I'm new with the whole regex thing and is trying to figure out how to use the REWRITE crawler rules but I'm pulling my hair since I can't get it to work.

In your knowledge base you link to regex101 for checking your code. So I create something that works there but when trying to use it in JD I just get this error
Code:
is not valid 'java.util.List<jd.controlling.linkcrawler.LinkCrawlerRuleStorable>'
And when trying the example pattern from https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...xample-rewrite on regex101 I can't get it to pass with an OK so I'm kind of lost.

What settings should I use on regex101 so it's compatible with JD?

Where can I find a reference to the regex that's used in your examples because the links you provide in the knowledgebase and sites I found myself doesn't seem to cover whatever version is used in JD or I'm missreading something completely.

Old 17.06.2021, 11:45
JD Manager

@inzzzomnia: The rules are JSON strings and therefore must be encoded properly.
Most important is to escape the \ and " character. On regex101, you should change to java flavor.
Just post example/your rule here and we will explain/help with JSON escaping, eg freeformatter.com/json-escape.html

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.06.2021 at 18:28.
Old 17.06.2021, 18:10
JD Fan

The double backslashes is was confuses me the most in your examples, can't figure out what purpose they serve since there's no single backslash to escape at that place in the URL.

This gets a green light with java 8 selected on regex101

(https:\/\/img.nbc.com\/sites\/[a-z]*\/files\/images\/\d*\/\d*\/\d*\/NUP_\d*_\d*.JPG)\?impolicy=.*&imwidth=\d*&imdensity=\d*

and match what I try to fix

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

But JD still wont accept

Code:
[{
	"enabled": true,
	"name": "nbc",
	"pattern": "(https:\/\/img.nbc.com\/sites\/[a-z]*\/files\/images\/\d*\/\d*\/\d*\/NUP_\d*_\d*.JPG)\?impolicy=.*&imwidth=\d*&imdensity=\d*",
	"rule": "REWRITE",
	"rewriteReplaceWith": "$1"
}]
Why not?
Old 17.06.2021, 18:19
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzzzomnia View Post
Why not?
Stop escaping single normal (forward) slashes in JD

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 17.06.2021 at 18:27.
Old 17.06.2021, 18:28
JD Manager

see pastebin.com/PxQYAW13
You don't have to escape /, you have to make sure to proper json escaping
see
freeformatter.com/json-escape.html
jsonformatter.org/json-pretty-print

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 18.06.2021 at 13:04. Reason: fixed reeformatter.com --> freeformatter.com
Old 17.06.2021, 18:31
Community Manager

Also you should escape dots (see the meaning of a dot in regex101.com) though in this case no escaping them will still do the job.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.06.2021, 00:45
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Stop escaping single normal (forward) slashes in JD

-psp-
That wasn't the issue though, was it? Seems to work either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Also you should escape dots (see the meaning of a dot in regex101.com) though in this case no escaping them will still do the job.
I know, I'm past the point of the meaning of the dot in this adventure But as you say I didn't see the need for doing it here.

Quote:
see pastebin.com/PxQYAW13
You don't have to escape /, you have to make sure to proper json escaping
see
freeformatter.com/json-escape.html
jsonformatter.org/json-pretty-print
Thanks for that, you should link those two sites in the knowledge base instead of the Wikipedia page as it doesn't cover the json version at all and just makes it confusing. It was thanks to that I thought you should use the ordinary regex and then got confused by your double backslashes and stuff
The check on regex101 was marking the slashes red in my first attempts at this but with escaping they was marked OK so I went with it.
So with that said regex101 really can't be used since it OKs versions that isn't working in JD, even with the "proper" java setting. Any other tool that has the same explaining thingy but actually help you with a proper version that will work with JD?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 18.06.2021 at 13:04. Reason: fixed reeformatter.com --> freeformatter.com
Old 18.06.2021, 13:35
Community Manager

Quote:
I know, I'm past the point of the meaning of the dot in this adventure But as you say I didn't see the need for doing it here.
I understand - I'm lazy too :D

Quote:
Thanks for that, you should link those two sites in the knowledge base instead of the Wikipedia page as it doesn't cover the json version at all and just makes it confusing. It was thanks to that I thought you should use the ordinary regex and then got confused by your double backslashes and stuff
I've just linked two json editors and one json escaping webtool in our LinkCrawler Rules knowledgebase article.

Quote:
So with that said regex101 really can't be used since it OKs versions that isn't working in JD, even with the "proper" java setting. Any other tool that has the same explaining thingy but actually help you with a proper version that will work with JD?
Just use Regex101 and then do the proper replacements to make it fit for JD.
Really the only thing that bothers me is the double backslash escaping but as said you can easily fix this via search and replace.
You could probably easily make a macro/script for an advanced text editor such as "Notepad++" that can auto-handle these replacements.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 18.06.2021, 14:16
Script Master

Quote:
Pattern generated on that site with 'java 8' flavor should work just fine directly in packagizer, linkfilter etc. Additional escaping is required only for settings like linkcrawler/domain rules which are stored in JSON format. You can run the 'Code Generator' found at the bottom on the same page on that site and copy just the escaped pattern (final String regex) from the generated code and use it directly in JSON objects in JD.