JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.06.2012, 14:27
isandar

Default Missing .exe

Hello

Now when i install JD2 in a new folder i have not the files .exe called "JDownloader", "JDownloaderD3D", "JDownloaderPortable" and "Updater"

Can you explain me why, thanks

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.06.2012 at 15:36.
Old 01.06.2012, 15:29
Polish Supporter

Yup, confirmed...
Running fresh install from java -jar updater.jar doesn't download wrappers for starting jD.
Looks like glitch in update/install system.
Old 01.06.2012, 16:01
JD Manager

use

http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader2Setup.exe
Old 01.06.2012, 16:04
JD Manager

we no longer distribute them , as our installer creates them.
Old 01.06.2012, 16:09
isandar

Ah ok thank you, i have downloaded the install here, not the same thats why:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365
Old 02.06.2012, 00:34
isandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
I have a bug with this setup. During the installation i have this popup who always tell me "Could not connec to the download server" and who does not want to disapear even if i uncheck the update during installation. However JD2 is installed now...

With this setup i have some another bugs too i have not with the version i show you, so for several reasons i would prefer a zip version if possible, thank you in advance.

Last edited by isandar; 02.06.2012 at 02:03.
Old 03.06.2012, 11:40
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@darekk
the update.zip does now have a exe in it which is just a java loader like jdownloader.exe. It will find java and run a static string. Maybe you have a cached version from your isp from transparent proxy either way it does the same thing.
ok, thanks for info. maybe I'm doing something wrong because the JD2 thread refers to an updateR.zip not update.zip as you describe. I downloaded the updateR.zip with 3 different browsers now and still geht the same file without the exe ;-) but ok, it's not an issue and JD2 upgrade worked fine with the jar file

have a great Sunday & cu
darek
Old 04.06.2012, 02:45
isandar

I need to have several JD2 installed, so i took the .exe in the old configuration and i put them in JD2's folders, it works perfectly, i have no bug with this version and my "remove programs control panel" is clean like that. I prefer a beautiful JD icon.exe instead of a ugly Java icon.jar that's why too

Last edited by isandar; 04.06.2012 at 03:12.
Old 04.06.2012, 08:53
JD Legend

I made a copy of the folder, where I installed JDownloader2Setup.exe .As I see, jdownloader 2.exe works prefectly from this copy folder too. This way you could use several JD2 "installed".
After starting jdownloader 2.exe, it appears with this name in task manager, after a manual restart or an update already javaw.exe is in taskmanager.
I see always the usual JD icon, except immeadiately the start for 1-2 seconds the usual Jawa icon (the coffee cup) is in the tray.
Old 04.06.2012, 11:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bici-boci View Post
I see always the usual JD icon, except immeadiately the start for 1-2 seconds the usual Jawa icon (the coffee cup) is in the tray.
How do you start JDownloader? This should be fixed and work fine when you start JDownloader.jar, but that can be caused by Windows/Java launcher as the process is created before the GUI is initiated.
Old 04.06.2012, 12:00
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bici-boci View Post
After starting jdownloader 2.exe, it appears with this name in task manager, after a manual restart or an update already javaw.exe is in taskmanager.
this is also normal as JDownloader.exe hides the javaw.exe process by renaming it. when jdownloader restarts it directly uses java.
but this does not matter at all..only a different process name
Old 04.06.2012, 15:25
JD Legend

@Jiaz

I start normally with jdownloader 2.exe. But because of the problem I wrote in http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=38659 ,
in many cases I start the old Jdownloader.exe from another JD2 folder, because the language remains always English after restart/update.

I can't reproduce now the java icon, maybe it appears for a moment only, when the load is bigger, and the launch slower, or possibly at restart.

I think it would be useful to re-launch jdownloader 2.exe (if it is possible)after a restart/update with exit, and this way rename the javaw.exe process - so the process name would be always the same.
Old 04.06.2012, 15:36
JD Manager

the java icon should be fixed (i committed the fix last week)
process hiding (like jdownloader) is often interpreted as bad/trojan by av/firewall. that's why we do not like it that much.
Old 04.06.2012, 16:04
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
the java icon should be fixed (i committed the fix last week)
Probably that's the reason I can't see now !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
process hiding (like jdownloader) is often interpreted as bad/trojan by av/firewall. that's why we do not like it that much.
Oh yeah, I remember this. But Jdownloader 2.exe renames javaw (while JD 1 Jdownloader.exe doesn't), and normally this will run, as a simple plugin update with default setting doesn't restart, ie in most cases the javaw process will be renamed. See Jdownloader 2.jpg .
Attached Thumbnails
Jdownloader 2.jpg