JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12.08.2009, 11:43
Valensia

Default Megaupload/Netload

Well, I never had any problem with megaupload or netload since the implementation of the new version and it seems strange to me...
I have seen so many complaints that jd eats cpu or crashes but these things never happened to me and believe it or not my pc is not the strongest one in the world... actually is just an old P4 3GHZ/500MB RAM and WinXP sp3...
It's true that the new version is not working as good as the previous one, so, let's hope that all issues will be fixed with the latest update when it will be released...
Old 15.08.2009, 02:53
JDshit

Default When will JDownloader be usable again?

When will JDownloader be usable again?

You know, more than a year ago, I said to myself that would be a nice idea if I could use a good and efficient automatic downloader; Universal Share Downloader had been good, but by that time somehow out of development, so... I asked a cople of friends and they overwhelmingly recommended a nifty program called JDownloader to me...

Oh, I was pleasantly surprised. It not only had an easy-to-use interface, but also contained a host of features, some of which might have seemed a little obtrusive, set on by default (such as the un-raring), but the overall appearance was not unfriendly and the usability was fairly good and easy to get accustomed to. There may have been some minor glitches, but nothing serious. I grew to like JDownloader every day.

However, then came a period when I did not use JDownloader. In fact, it has happened just now, as I haven't used JDownloader for a couple of weeks...
I have just wanted to download a cople of files, so I launched the app... Oh, some disgusting autoupdate window pops up, oh, god, how much I hate these... doing something insidiously behind your back... or rather, jeering at your face?

Anyway, the app has launched by this time... and left me staring at it in dismay...!

-- What the hell is... this dull mess... supposed to... mean...!?@#$%^&* --
After a few dramatic moments of grave consternation, I still couldn't believe my eyes,... I thought I was going to puke...!

-- What the hell... has happened... to this... and that...???! And where is the icon bar... I mean, where have the icons disappeared??!! And where is this... and where is that... and why for heaven's sake is this so horrendously complicated and why is this so awkwardly concealed and why all the mess here, what is this good for...??!! --
As you see from the speech, I was slowly coming to my senses...
Yet I couldn't fully appreciate the ingenuity of the genius of evil and mischief who could perpetrate all this...!

-- Why???!!! -- I cried... -- Why??? -- I wept... I... I just want my... my -- sigh -- my beloved JDownloader, my simple and easy-to-use piece of software back...!!!

I was slowly growing in resolve...

-- Apage, Satanas! Begone, JDownloader! -- I suddenly screamed!
Oh, never shall I cherish such a piece of crap on my hardrive!!!

Eventually, I forced me to look after alternatives. You know, I was pondering about going back to the older version, but taking into account its evidently scarce availability (which surfaced as soon as I tried looking for it) and its presumably insidious behaviour and its assumed tendency to rot... I decided on an alternative... ehm, solution to my problem. It't not free, it might not be so heavily laden with (mostly unecessary, anyway) features, but what the heck I care, at least it is straightforward and hassle-free.

So... thank you, dear developers, at least from sparing me from further dispair...

And as a side note: will JDownloader ever be usable again, or should we all just shut up our mouths "'cos it's all free anyway" or likewise quietly shut it down and then shut it off forever?
Old 15.08.2009, 03:20
sagei

Was an outspoken critic of the new version. Have just downloaded the nightly build after seeing a screenshot and am extremely impressed with the changes.
The interface feels like an evolution of the old one rather than a radical departure. The tabbed link grabber feels comfortable thanks to the habit of tabbed browsing. Cpu usage was around 3-5% with window maximised. No speed issues.
I think jd is back on track. Like me, others should consider trying the nightly. It will be unstable for some but it is decidedly a move in the right direction and any suggestions and feedback will help improve it. If you are unwilling to try it then just wait for the next stable release and you may be pleasantly surprised.
Old 15.08.2009, 05:15
jinsatoemo

I've used the old version before and like it very much.When the new version came out,of course it have some problems which then I reported it and the devs fixed it.Now I'm used to this new version and more than happy to use it.Thank you jdownloader devs:thumbup:
Old 16.08.2009, 23:45
Argim

Default downloads super sloooooooooow

I'm not going to blame the new version BUT:

-I was extremely satisfied with the old one.

-the extrangest thing is that the new version is slower every day !!, I haven't touched settings, ok !

I tried IDM and other downloaders and they are perfectly ok, so it is not a problem in my conection either...

What can I do ?
Old 17.08.2009, 10:31
remi

Cool

Use the old version (simple solution)

OR

provide more context to your problem (OS and OS version, JRE version, jD version).

Last edited by remi; 17.08.2009 at 10:41.
Old 17.08.2009, 10:47
iq0099

I agree.. People should show the developers exactly what they see as "Bugs" and not imagine them because they do not like this version!!
Old 17.08.2009, 19:22
Argim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argim View Post
I'm not going to blame the new version BUT:

-I was extremely satisfied with the old one.

-the extrangest thing is that the new version is slower every day !!, I haven't touched settings, ok !

I tried IDM and other downloaders and they are perfectly ok, so it is not a problem in my conection either...

What can I do ?
Ok, I have windows Xp, and JRE 1.5.0_15.... when I fisrt noticed the problem, thought it was java, so I updated it to 1.6 but with the same result, maybe worst, so unistalled it. The point that should be clear is that is getting worse by the week.... you can see that CPU load goes above 90%... that's the problem of the slow speed. So any solution ?
Old 17.08.2009, 23:46
southheaven

Bad start to have your first posting beeing a rant, but i have to agree.
It isn´t the first time that i got angry, because the new version of jdownloader doesn´t load the parts in the order they are in the list. It starts with the first then jumps to the third for no reason.:outch:
The second problem with the new jdownloader is the constant refusal to open valid containers and Deposit files just get an error message.
To the crappy gui i got used over time.
Old 18.08.2009, 11:51
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argim View Post
Ok, I have windows Xp, and JRE 1.5.0_15.... when I fisrt noticed the problem, thought it was java, so I updated it to 1.6 but with the same result, maybe worst, so unistalled it. The point that should be clear is that is getting worse by the week.... you can see that CPU load goes above 90%... that's the problem of the slow speed. So any solution ?
Reverting back to an older JRE was a good decision. What's your exact JRE version now?
When does the CPU load go up? Is it related to one particular host? Please tell us which hosts you are using.

How many simultaneous downloads do you have when this happens? How many connections and chunks do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southheaven View Post
It isn´t the first time that i got angry, because the new version of jdownloader doesn´t load the parts in the order they are in the list. It starts with the first then jumps to the third for no reason.:outch:
The second problem with the new jdownloader is the constant refusal to open valid containers and Deposit files just get an error message.
To the crappy gui i got used over time.
Can you please give us the links that caused this bahaviour? Please, send them in a PM to Jiaz.

What type of containers are you talking about? DLC? Please, send that container to Jiaz as well. Did you post your Deposit host problem in the proper forum?

The next release will again focus on usability.

PS sorry Jiaz for the PM...
Old 18.08.2009, 23:42
southheaven

Quote:
Can you please give us the links that caused this bahaviour? Please, send them in a PM to Jiaz.
Can´t. Has been a while and i did download them "by hand" so i don´t have any of the links left. I have seen on the board that there is a general problem with depositfiles.
And yes i did mean dlc containers which again has been some time ago. Can´t even describe the real problem i had, i just remember, that i did use crypt load for that container.

But the real problem i have is the order in which jdownloader starts to download the files. It even ignores highest priority now and starts downloading some files from the middle of the list.:confused:
As it does again right now, where i stopped the "wrong" download put the file i want to download top most with highest priority, which this program totally ignores.:outch:

Last edited by southheaven; 18.08.2009 at 23:44.
Old 19.08.2009, 10:18
remi

Cool

I can imagine the priority system is sometimes very confusing when you start giving higher priorities to more than one link. The order of downloading of the download queue is top to bottom when :-
  • you don't change the priorities
  • all links are from the same host

When you have links from different hosts and your Max. Downloads setting is 0 or higher than 1, it is possible that downloads start in the middle of your download queue, because hosts sometimes limit the number of simultaneous downloads.
Old 19.08.2009, 19:55
dulume

I'm still waiting for the improvments (meaning getting what we did with the old version). And it is getting worse and worse. I simply hate his software now... Devs obviously don't give a like... other agenda I suppose.

Anyway I think I'll start a thread about alternatives to jdownloader. It's been seven months of complaints and apparently the msg didn't get through, so the only solution to me is to try another soft.

A pitty really
Received Warning
Old 19.08.2009, 20:04
Argim

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Reverting back to an older JRE was a good decision. What's your exact JRE version now?
When does the CPU load go up? Is it related to one particular host? Please tell us which hosts you are using.

How many simultaneous downloads do you have when this happens? How many connections and chunks do you use?
JRE 1.5.0.150, any host, CPU load go up during dowloading, when stopped or finished goes to normal. Max 3 downloads at the time, but have tried also 2 and 1 with not changes: same problem. Normally 4 conn., max 10 chunks but tried also lower: no changes.
Old 20.08.2009, 11:01
remi

Cool

Your number of connections is still too high. Set it to 2. Set max number of chunks/download to 2 as well.

In your case I would install JRE 1.6.14, I would start with a clean jD 0.6 and if that doesn't work, revert to jD v.0.5.

To further decrease your CPU load, please read http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=3075.
Old 20.08.2009, 11:04
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulume View Post
Anyway I think I'll start a thread about alternatives to jdownloader. It's been seven months of complaints and apparently the msg didn't get through, so the only solution to me is to try another soft.
That's actually a good idea. Everybody will learn which useful features are still lacking in jD.

Please, open a thread per tool in order to separate the discussions.

Last edited by remi; 20.08.2009 at 11:16. Reason: added sentence
Old 20.08.2009, 17:42
Argim

Quote:
Your number of connections is still too high. Set it to 2. Set max number of chunks/download to 2 as well.

In your case I would install JRE 1.6.14, I would start with a clean jD 0.6 and if that doesn't work, revert to jD v.0.5.

To further decrease your CPU load, please read http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=3075.
Thanks Remi, nothing worked. How can I install jd v0.5 ?, in the download section only see the newest. Could you point me there ?
Old 21.08.2009, 11:28
remi

Cool

jD version 0.5.917 :-
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 21.08.2009, 11:38
cmurder

I Think This Version İs Much Much Better Coz İt Uses Less Cpu And Ram And ı liked its interface ...

Thanks For This JD Team You Are The Best !
Old 22.08.2009, 16:02
Argim

Quote:
jD version 0.5.917 :-
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Remi, just updated to newest version 0.7: just perfect ! performance problem vanished, I have my speed back !
Old 22.08.2009, 19:14
Baby Loader

I'm on a newly built very powerful machine ( Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition quad 3.2ghz with 6GB DDR3, 2GB Radeon HD 4870X2 etc ) and the last two releases ( 0.6x and most recent 0.7x ) of JDownloader have brought my machine to a crawl when running.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit RC release (build 7100), Java SE 1.6.0_14, and JDownloader 7.504.

It's so bad it literally makes my music skip or videos go out of sync with their audio etc when when trying to add downloads, or even clicking in the JDownloader window to highlight a file, switch tabs, etc. Leaving the window minimized helps a little, but there is still noticeable performance degradation for my computer as a whole as long as JDownloader is running, and on a computer this powerful, there is no excuse for that. :(

The only other time I see even close to this kind of performance degradation is when copying very large files (multi-gigabyte) between hard drives.

I'm not trying to troll here... I'm just honestly stunned at how much this negatively affects my computer performance... nothing else I've run comes remotely close to this... and I love the program, so I'd really like to figure out if there's some way I can fix this.

Last edited by phreadom; 22.08.2009 at 19:18.
Old 23.08.2009, 12:16
remi

Cool

jD rules

Trying to reduce your number of connections and chunks/downloads might help.

To further decrease your CPU load, please read this old thread.
Old 23.08.2009, 13:27
JD Manager

if audio and video skips then something else is going wrong really bad and its not jd....even if jd uses 100%, its just a normal process and others can use cpu too, 4 cores...impossible to eat up all cpu!)

i guess its a driver, hardware, firewall/cirusscanner/java, windows RC issue

deinstall all java and install the latest
check if you have strange log entries in windows logfile
check if you added java.exe and javaw.exe to the firewall exclude list
maybe a windows RC bug
Old 23.08.2009, 13:36
JD Manager

-closed here-

we do not need a rubbish thread cross two tiotally different versions.
This Thread was about jd 0.6
In the meantime, 0.7 is out.

Open a new thread if approprioate.