JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.06.2010, 10:18
morne501

Default Rapidshare traffic shown incorrectly

Hi, I have been battling for more than a week now to sort out my download problems. I am a Premium Rapidshare account holder and lately I download about 200mb but then Jdownloader shows I have downloaded 5gb and I have to wait until midnight when the next day's traffic is available. I am in South Africa and last week I phoned Rapidshare 4 times only to be told I should not use Jdownloader as it is faulty.
They said I should rather use their Rapidshare Manager. What a joke that was. Since Friday 11 June until today I downloaded only 265mb with their program. I used to be able to download at least 3.5gb per day.
Old 15.06.2010, 12:04
remi

It's possible that your account has been hijacked and used by someone else. Change your password as soon as possible.

BTW, congratulations for your country's organisation of the World Cup!
Old 15.06.2010, 13:43
morne501

I also thought my account might have been hijacked so I did change my password, but that didn't help. Also my traffic disappears only when I am downloading something. If I don't download my traffic stays the same. It seems to be a problem with how Rapidshare and Jdownloader communicate with each other. Thanks for your comment re the World Cup. We are excited and proud to be hosting and soccer fever is running very high.
Old 15.06.2010, 14:00
morne501

By the way, how does one contact the people from Jdownloader? I would love to hear their feedback re the fact that Rapidshare says it's their software that is faulty.
Old 15.06.2010, 14:07
remi

I've never heard about this problem before. It must be a problem in your computer or network configuration. Don't trust what RS are saying.

Please check your JRE version.

JRE version 1.6.0_17 32 bits ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**) is the last version that's compatible with jD. Remove more recent versions.

Stop all downloads, check your credit, download one RS file, check your credit again. Can you please provide the credits before and after, and the size of the RS file?

I try to solve problems for customers, because I know that jD's developers have other priorities. Only when I can't solve a problem, I'll contact a developer.

Last edited by remi; 15.06.2010 at 14:14. Reason: added last phrase
Old 16.06.2010, 23:24
JD Alpha

Log in on rapidshare.com with your premium account details and look at the logs under 'View Logs'. Here you can see the IP-addresses used for downloading with your account. Check to see if there are IP's you don't recognise.

Also, when opening a lot of connection per file Rapidshare doesn't charge you the number of MB's you downloaded, but the number of MB's Rapidshare processed (or something?) which can be quite higher than you actually downloaded. So, try and keep the number of connections per file at 1 or 2.
Old 17.06.2010, 00:00
qun10

Default Rapidshare 5 minute wait and different download limit logging

Hi,

I'm using premium rapidshare account and I'm experiencing the following:

After a couple minutes of downloading from Rapidshare, the connection is dropped and goes into a 5 minute wait state. I can right click the file and "resume" the download and it reconnects and the download starts again from where it left off. I have to do this several times before the file is downloaded. After the download is completed, Rapidshare now thinks I've downloaded MORE that what I actually downloaded. Ex: with a 200meg file and after several "resumes", Rapidshare thinks I downloaded 800meg instead of 200meg. I don't know if it's the manual resume or bad logging on Rapidshare (or both).

The same problem is happening on 3 different computers on 2 different networks. There is nothing wrong with either networks as JDownloader continues to download from other sites (depositfiles, hotfiles, etc) at the same time the Rapidshare connection has dropped.

As far as I can tell, all plugins are up to date.

Recap:

1) rapidshare using premium account constantly has connection dropped and goes into 5 minute wait state, but can manually resume
2) manual resume apparently increases amount downloaded according to Rapidshare logging (that's what I think is happening)

Any ideas?

Last edited by qun10; 17.06.2010 at 00:04. Reason: update to better title
Old 17.06.2010, 00:10
JD Manager

set max connections to 1 and max downloads to 2-4!
rs calcs traffic for the request and not what you really downloaded
so eg:
with 1 chunk you start 1 100 mb file, stops, resume, stops, resume , rs will calc 300 mb traffic. so less chunks is better as more chunks = more traffic in case of many resumes

when you have too many connections/downloads, rs firewall will block...
and please provide logfile so we see what really happens.
Old 17.06.2010, 00:51
drbits
Message deleted by drbits. Reason: To avoid double post, while alerting both merged threads.
Old 18.06.2010, 01:02
qun10

Well, I tried Jiaz's recommendation and I'm not getting the connections dropped - at least so far.

Previously I had 5 dl's / 10 connections. Now trying 2 dl's / 5 connections - seems to be ok.

Thanks for the help.
Old 18.06.2010, 04:00
JD English Support (inactive)

You are welcome.

Just pass it along when you can.