JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.12.2009, 05:17
wii57

Default control panel java won't open and wont open jdownloader

I been having this issue with java since I reinstalled xp on my computer. I have the latest Java update 6.0 17. when I tried to run jdownloader all i get is the error alert noise and no message on what could be wrong. recently i went to the sun site to test java. It directed me to the control panels and check the setting on java. It also will not open like jdownloader. just an alert noise and no message. does anyone know what may be causing this problem?

:outch:
Old 23.12.2009, 10:23
remi

Cool

Could you please run windows_createlog.bat. The file is in your jD folder. Post the log.
Old 23.12.2009, 10:41
JD English Support (inactive)

Remi's advice is correct. I just happened to have a similar problem and so I can suggest a possible solution.

A fix that Sun recommends (and usually works) is to uninstall Java, delete everything in your java\jre6 directory, and try installing again.

Make sure you are installing the Java SE (Standard Edition) for your computer. The SDK won't help this.
-------------------------

Whenever you have a problem with JDownloader, you should include a log with your question. Make sure to also include any relevant links, Your OS and version, amount of memory, and any other software running at the same time as JDownloader (especially proxy, firewall, or antivirus).