JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.05.2011, 09:40
-Arturo-

Default Jdownloader freezes after update.

Gentlemen, I have a problem with the latest version of Jdownloader, basically it freezes my computer after updating it to the latest version and then launching it(actually JAVA does consume 100% of cpu power) I have tried a few different solutions that I found in the forums such us installing older versions of JAva, switching off my antivirus and adding both jdownloader and java to firewall exceptions and I also deleted JDHTTPLiveHeaderScripter.jar plugin and I still experience the same issue. I would appreciate if someone could help me solve the issue. Log attached to the post. Windows XP with SP 3.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.05.2011 at 15:06.
Old 30.05.2011, 09:53
remi

You've got an error "Installed JS Hotfix failed". I've never seen it and it might be related to the update.

I would execute File -> Restore JD or exit jD and start jD with the jdupdate.jar file that you'll find in your jD program folder.

If you still experience problems, please provide a complete and detailed log because your log is missing important data.
Old 30.05.2011, 10:36
-Arturo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
You've got an error "Installed JS Hotfix failed". I've never seen it and it might be related to the update.

I would execute File -> Restore JD or exit jD and start jD with the jdupdate.jar file that you'll find in your jD program folder.

If you still experience problems, please provide a complete and detailed log because your log is missing important data.

Thanks Remi unfortunately outside of freezing my computer Jdownloader also freezes at splash screen so i cannot access the settings. I had to use this method to fetch the logs. http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...1&postcount=26.

I will open the jdupdate.jar and see what happens although I think I did that already a few days ago and it didn't help.

Edit.

Ok I ran the update successfully but Jdownloader still froze at the splash screen taking my system with it.

Is there any other way to fetch the full log???

Also restoring the JD probably won't help as i installed and reinstalled the program numerous times in the last few days trying to solve the issue. I can probably download the latest version from the website and not update it when prompted to do so, if that helps?

Last edited by -Arturo-; 30.05.2011 at 10:51.
Old 30.05.2011, 16:20
English Supporter

How big is your database.script? Try without config folder (move it somewhere else but don't delete) and start JD. If still problem, post the new error log.
Old 31.05.2011, 08:05
-Arturo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
How big is your database.script? Try without config folder (move it somewhere else but don't delete) and start JD. If still problem, post the new error log.
@Tony2long my database script was 90 kb. After moving the config folder out of the jdownloader main folder, jdownloader started normally without any problems but after restarting it the problem appears again.
Attached Files
File Type: rar JDownloader.rar (29.0 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by -Arturo-; 31.05.2011 at 08:12.
Old 31.05.2011, 10:47
remi

Unfortunately the log is not complete and has been cut. I can't detect anything more in it than I already did with the previous incomplete log.

If you don't want to provide a complete log, can you please upload the hs_err_pid* files that you find in your jD program folder?
Old 31.05.2011, 15:05
JD Manager

Quote:
"Installed JS Hotfix failed"
this is okay
Old 31.05.2011, 15:05
JD Manager

does the issue appear always or only when jd restarts itself?
what firewall/av do you use?
Old 31.05.2011, 18:19
-Arturo-

I don't know how to provide a full log. This is the only method I can use here
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...1&postcount=26
But apparently it produces cut out log? How do I get the full log? Just to remind I cannot access the settings tab in JD as the program doesn't start.

No after updating JD to newest version It happens every time I open the program.
Firewall is a standard windows xp's one. I also have Avast and immunet project. But I switched them off while installing JD once, and it didn't help.

Hmmm...I cannot find such files ( hs_err_pid) in JD folder.

Last edited by -Arturo-; 31.05.2011 at 18:27.
Old 31.05.2011, 18:29
JD Manager

visit supportchat and lets do teamviewer session, then i can help you live
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...iewer?s=lng_en
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/chat
Old 31.05.2011, 18:34
-Arturo-

Jiaz how about the create log file. bat (not sure about the name) inside jd folder. I have just opened it and it created two files errorlog.txt and log.txt. I' attaching them to the post
Attached Files
File Type: rar JDownloader.rar (5.1 KB, 242 views)
Old 31.05.2011, 18:35
JD Manager

no files attached!
Old 31.05.2011, 19:44
-Arturo-

Attachment in my previous post.
Old 31.05.2011, 19:57
JD Manager

the file is incomplete
please create a new one and then close windows_createlog and then upload those files

how big is your config folder?
Old 31.05.2011, 20:27
-Arturo-

it's 15 kb now.

About the log I think I know what's wrong, as I mentioned before when I open JD the JAVA process uses 100% of cpu power and I need to restart my computer as it is completely frozen.
So maybe that's why the log is incomplete. I can launch the createlog. bat and leave my computer like that for a few/dozen minutes. But then I will be forced to restart it using a button on my computer.
Old 01.06.2011, 10:26
-Arturo-

Could someone please tell me how can I produce the full log, please?
Old 01.06.2011, 10:50
English Supporter

What you did (post 9 and 11) are correct, and your guess (post 15) is reasonable. I have no idea how to debug this. Team viewer might help if Jiaz can find something wrong in your system before it freezes.
Old 01.06.2011, 11:01
remi

@-Arturo-

I would un-install and clean all JRE software from your computer (use JavaRa tool) and re-install JRE 1.6 update 17 or 21. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.
Old 01.06.2011, 12:34
-Arturo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
What you did (post 9 and 11) are correct, and your guess (post 15) is reasonable. I have no idea how to debug this. Team viewer might help if Jiaz can find something wrong in your system before it freezes.
Thank you Tony for clearing things up.

Quote:
@-Arturo-

I would un-install and clean all JRE software from your computer (use JavaRa tool) and re-install JRE 1.6 update 17 or 21. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.
Ok, Remi, thanks. I'll do that.
Old 04.06.2011, 14:37
-Arturo-

Quote:
@-Arturo-

Unfortunately it didn't work. Any other suggestions, please?
Old 04.06.2011, 14:48
remi

Could you please provide a new log after all those changes?