JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.12.2009, 21:42
viking2

Default [x] Basic Questions: Reconnect

1. Will JD automatically reconnect to get a new IP (when needed) after downloading a file? Are there any Settings that I need to be aware of to enable this?

2. There are 4 different reconnect methods. How does JD know which one to use (e.g. if several protocols have data in the tabs)?

3. There are 2 manual buttons: "Reconnect" and "Get new IP by resetting your internet connection". What is the difference?

4. I wrote a script in the free Firefox addon, iMacros, for getting a new IP (it changes the Router MAC address & reboots the Modem). Where do I enter this script in JD. I just need to enter the URL to this script somewhere in JD.
(**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**)

TIA!
Old 24.12.2009, 10:55
viking2

Default How do I execute a batch file

I think that I may need to enter the macro as a batch file. I created a simple batch file, but i can not get JD to execute it.

I entered:
E:\iMacros\Macros\GetNew_IP.bat
for the batch script in the Batch Tab

I also set the Interpreter to:
cmd.exe /c

However, when I click on "Change IP", the batch file is not executed.

I also tried to enter the path as a command in the External tab
E:\iMacros\Macros\GetNew_IP.bat
However, that doesn't work either !

(It is executed if I double click the file in Windows Explorer).

Could someone please help..?

p.s. v0.9.579 on WinXP Sp2

Last edited by viking2; 24.12.2009 at 11:10.
Old 25.12.2009, 10:57
viking2

I figured most of it out. No need to respond.
Old 26.12.2009, 15:02
remi

Cool

There aren't many members and developers on-line. That might explain why you didn't get any help.

How did you finally solve your problem?
Old 26.12.2009, 21:13
viking2

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
There aren't many members and developers on-line. That might explain why you didn't get any help.

How did you finally solve your problem?
I never figured out why I could not execute the batch file in the batch tab.
However, I deleted everything from the batch tab and entered the batch file in the external tab instead. Closed and restarted JD. After I did this, JD executed the batch file.

The batch file (pointing to a Firefox iMacros script) now changes my Router's MAC address and restarts the cable Modem. That is the only way that I can get a new IP address from my cable provider.
Is there some way to do this with a script within JD so I do not need to call an external script?

Do you by any chance know why it didn't work when I put the batch file in the batch tab? This method seems a bit superfluous as I can just add the batch tab to the external command tab instead..??

Also, how would JD have known which method to use if I had put a batch file in both the batch tab and in the external command tab (and provided the batch tab method had worked)?
Old 27.12.2009, 02:49
JMBSX38

Question Reconnect failed

Hi, excuse me for my english.
First, JD say (just after create reconnection script) that the reconnection is succesfull!
and after, JD don't automatically reconnect to get a new IP (after each file) he try to reconnect and say me it's failed!
My modem is from ORANGE (france) Livebox 2 Sagem
Plus, the connection speed is very low (15-40 kob/s). I can dowload 600 kob/s max (by torrent for example).
Thank you for your help!!:confused:
Old 27.12.2009, 14:58
remi

Cool

viking2

I don't have answers to your questions. I never use the reconnection feature. I just learned what it does by reading the threads and helping members with problems that I already understood. The batch tab contains a field where you can specify the interpreter for your script. If the interpreter is not able to recognise/parse the commands in the script, it will not execute.

I think it doesn't make sense to have several reconnection methods. Maybe, jD uses them all until a reconnection method succeeds. I'm just guessing.
Old 29.12.2009, 13:11
juanuvas

Default no puedo reconectar mi router comtrend 5361

Hola como ya se notara soy nuevo aqui , si alguien es tan amable podira ayudarme a reconectar mi router.
Tengo dos problemas.
1- mi router no sale en la lista.
2- una vez que estoy dentro me router no se como desconectar y luego conectar para que grabe la reconexion.

Otra cosa la primera vez me meti en el router y sin hacer nada el jdwn..me pregunto eso de gruardar reconexion y pense que ya estaba pero esq luego le doy a cambiar ip y dice reconexion fallida.
Old 30.12.2009, 07:36
JD English Support (inactive)

There are instructions for creating a new script all over this forum. There are several questions in this thread and I will try to answer them.

If you are making a script, you always use the first tab in Settings Reconnection. The others are provided for situations when your ISP or modem company provide a script.

If there is no script available for you, you can record one by using the "Create Reconnection Script" button.

1) You have to know how to use your browser to restart your router or run a test that disconnects you.
2) Start JD, go to the correct page, and fill in the information at the top of the page.
3) Click on "Create Reconnection Script". Then start your browser and JD will record whatever you do to restart your router. (It acts as a Proxy to do this)
4) When you have succeeded, JD will congratulate you and stop recording.
5) Use the test at the bottom of the screen to test your new script. If this fails, repeat step 3, but click on "Raw mode". This will create a more detailed script and almost always works well.

Don't change the tab within Settings Reconnect, or it will try one of the other methods. Always leave it on the first tab if you recorded a script.

Due to a bug in the current version of JDownloader (which will be fixed in the next version), make sure that on the Settings Downloads and Connections page, "Let Reconnects Interrupt Resumable Downloads" is not checked. The following line
"Do Not Start New Links If Reconnect Requested" should be checked.

Somebody asked how to set-up reconnection. By default in JDownloader, there is a blue circular icon at the top just to the right of the Clipboard (Enable/Disable Automatic Reconnection). You will notice that there is a little checkbox on the lower left of the icon (check it to enable it). This sets up JD so that when there is a host on which you need a new IP, it will stop new connections, wait for all current downloads to complete, call your reconnection script, and then allow new downloads to begin.
Old 17.01.2010, 12:22
Mual

Hello, I'm a newbie here!
Actually, I want to ask a question about the reconnect thing.
How should I reconnect and get a new IP???
My Modem is D-LINK DSL-520B and rounter is D-LINK DI-524.
Someone please help me :D
Old 17.01.2010, 12:57
Mual

Okay.
Old 17.01.2010, 13:03
Mual

Where should I paste the script of my D-LINK Modem?
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...s/dlink-dl-524
Old 02.02.2010, 16:55
airfox

Hello
I am using an ADSL modem and an ethernet Card.
My broadband Internet is on the basis of PPPOE(Point to point proticol over ethernet).
I knew that reconnect is worked under the DHCP basis.(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol )
I don`t have the hub or a router.
Is there any method which PPPoE can be worked?
Or should I buy a hub or router?
Thanks a lot.
Old 03.02.2010, 04:59

Something is taking the place of the router, either a modem or some software.

PPPOE is a very common interface. If the PPPOE software is running on your computer, you have to disable and re-enable the internet connection (this is what we have the routers do). Basically, you are telling your computer to hang up the connection and log-in to the server again (PPP is designed for dial-up connections, but they extended it for always-on connections).

If your internet connection is set-up to automatically sign-in to the server, try a batch program that calls
Code:
net stop Netman
ipconfig /flushdns
net start Netman
The second line is just a delay.

In JD, open up the Reconnection settings and click on the Batch tab. Call this batch file from there. Then, test to see if it changes your IP address.

If it does not work, try putting a "prompt" statement in the script instead of the ipconfig. If waiting a 10 or 30 seconds makes it work, then download the "Windows 2003 Resource Kit" from Microsoft and use the sleep program to sleep the right number of seconds (or use a different delay program).

If the commands above do not work, please write back.
Old 03.02.2010, 13:01
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mual View Post
Where should I paste the script of my D-LINK Modem?
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...s/dlink-dl-524
In Settings -> Modules -> Reconnection -> LiveHeader/Curl.
Old 26.03.2010, 20:53
Morfeus

Hi. Reconnection works for me (through LiveHeader/Curl method). But I don't know how to make JDownloader to reconnect automatically, if all running downloads are waiting (for new IP).
Old 27.03.2010, 13:37
remi

Enable Reconnect (blue circular button) in the tool bar of jD.
Old 04.04.2010, 00:32
Tommygr

Sorry remi, im having the same problem.
Where exactly is this button?
Old 04.04.2010, 00:34
Tommygr

ok, stupid question, i found it.
Greatest program ever made.
Old 09.04.2010, 11:42
hot12345

linksys wag200g HELP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all, first of all..i'm new on this site..

i have a couple problems..
look..

I have a linksys wag200g router..

but i want to refresh my IP.

but i can get in my router on the PC.. but my quistion is.. i can't logg in with wirreless ,

soo what i saying is.. i want to get in my router or to refresh my ip.. but it don't work at all. i follow every step you made guys.. but i can't refresh.

but like i said.. i can get in my router on the PC.. but now on the laptop i can't even login in.. i mean the screen won't popping up..

the only thing i wanna do is refresh my IP.

Please help me guyss..

thank.
Old 09.04.2010, 14:28
remi

Why do you double post?

Here is my answer to your question.
Old 26.05.2010, 17:05
danielus

Default help me with router ,,linksis WAG120N''

Hello, I bought the WAG120N router linksis mark and fail to create my script for this router. you could help me? Thanks!:)
Old 27.05.2010, 07:56

@ danielus,

1) It is Linksys. Please check the rest. That number would be a very old model.
2) Have you read Getting Started with Reconnection? There is also a German version.
Old 28.07.2010, 12:30
zucchex

Hi everyone, first of all..i'm new on this site
I have a reconnect problems my modem model is ZTE zxv10 W300 and I could not do my reconnect settings also I could not change my Ip
If anybody help me I will appreciate
Thank You

Last edited by zucchex; 28.07.2010 at 12:32.
Old 28.07.2010, 23:22

Welcome

Please read the Getting Started with Reconnection.

Please always be specific about what you tried that failed.
What do you mean by "I could not do my reconnect settings"?
What do you men by "I could not change my IP"?
Old 18.08.2010, 11:58
Jakuza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchex View Post
Hi everyone, first of all..i'm new on this site
I have a reconnect problems my modem model is ZTE zxv10 W300 and I could not do my reconnect settings also I could not change my Ip
If anybody help me I will appreciate
Thank You
This is the last chance for you, if no other solution found you and you cant choosing your modemtype in list or reconnection script is not working for you.

Use external batch file for reconnection in the External menu or batch commands in batch menu.

Sticky" It's working for all modem which set bridge mode for Windows and using dialer/cfos/cfosspeed etc

Create a reconnect.bat file and put this line in:

Code:
@Echo Off
color A
@Echo Reconnecting (IP switch) ... please wait ...
echo.
rasdial "Put your connection name here" /disconnect
@echo DialUp disconnected, will reconnect in 8 second
echo.
ping 1.1.1.1 -n l -w 8000>NUL
rasdial "Put your connection name here" usernamehere yourpasswordhere 
exit
Here is a fast video example file:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

When you finished , just use the file for JDownloader.
Old 05.09.2010, 15:24
Skip_au

Lightbulb Tip: Dynamic vs static IP address

I have read this thread, and I notice that there is an assumption that you CAN change IP address. My ISP creates accounts with static IP addresses by default. Always make sure login to your router and restart at least once to confirm you have a dynamic IP address on your WAN port. Use **External links are only visible to Support Staff**IP info tool before and after your restart to confirm your IP address is dynamic. It will help your troubleshooting journey.
Old 26.09.2010, 09:52

Off-topic posts about a problem with system restore moved to http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=21185
Old 30.12.2010, 07:18
verified

ah thanks for thr website
Old 17.01.2011, 14:03
Ollivander

Hi!

I've been using JDownloader for about 2,5 years and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. I have ADSL connection with a D-Link DSL-360R modem and the reconnection function works fine. But now I'm planning to buy a new device: an ADSL modem+WLAN router all-in-one. It would be a TP-Link product: TD-W8960NB (or a D-Link, I don't know yet exactly).

My question is: would it be possible the automatic reconnect with this (or another modem+router device)? Or do I have to have a single modem and a router to make the reconnect work?
I have never had a router before, so it would be so great if you could provide some useful information, because I often need the reconnect function.

Thank you so much.
Old 17.01.2011, 14:13
remi

You can still use your modem and your script if you buy a router without a modem.

If you want to replace your modem with a router+modem combination I would first search this forum to be sure that your gear has an easy and fast reconnect method.
Old 17.01.2011, 15:02
Ollivander

Thanks, remi.
So you say: my modem+a single router=I will have no problems with the reconnection? I now use this 2 lines in the reconnection settings menu:

Code:
rasdial ""Connection name"" /disconnect
rasdial ""Connection name"" "username" "pass"
Is this a script you mentioned? So if I buy a router, for example D-Link DIR-615, I will be able to use the automatic reconnect? I searched the forum for this device, but I didn't get any matches.
Old 17.01.2011, 15:16
remi

I think it doesn't contain a modem, so you can connect it to your modem and continue using your modem script.

Bring it back if you can't configure it or if your reconnect no longer works.
Old 18.01.2011, 13:57
Ollivander

I bought the router (the one, I mentioned above: D-Link DIR-615). I tried to reconnect the way I used to did before with my modem, but it didn't work.
So I created a reconnection script with the Reconnect Recorder and it's perfect. The only thing is: this way (with the use of a router+modem instead of a single modem) of reconnection is a little bit slower (it takes about 40 seconds the router to restart and change the IP), in front of the modem reconnect 15-20 seconds. However during the creation of the script I used as few clicks as possible: on my router's web interface there's an "Internet Online" sign with a "Reboot" button under, I clicked on it.

So thank you for the support, I can keep using and enjoying this perfect download manager.
Old 18.01.2011, 14:05
remi

Can you please publish/share your script?
Old 18.01.2011, 15:39
Ollivander

Here it is:

Code:
[[[HSRC]]]
    [[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET / HTTP/1.1
        Host: %%%routerip%%%
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        POST /login.php HTTP/1.1

ACTION_POST=LOGIN&LOGIN_USER=yourrouterusername&LOGIN_PASSWD=yourrouterpassword&login=+Log+In+
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /index.php HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /bsc_internet.php HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /sys_cfg_valid.xgi?&exeshell=submit%20REBOOT HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /model/__ajax_wan_conninfo.php?r=2011.1.18.8.47.52 HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /sys_cfg_valid.php?uptime=1525 HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        POST /login.php HTTP/1.1

ACTION_POST=LOGIN&LOGIN_USER=yourrouterusername&LOGIN_PASSWD=yourrouterpassword&login=+Log+In+
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /index.php HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /model/__ajax_wan_conninfo.php?r=2011.1.18.8.48.37 HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /model/__ajax_wan_conninfo.php?r=2011.1.18.8.48.40 HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
        [[[REQUEST]]]
        GET /model/__ajax_wan_conninfo.php?r=2011.1.18.8.48.43 HTTP/1.1
        [[[/REQUEST]]]
    [[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]
Old 25.06.2011, 12:52
supaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot12345 View Post
linksys wag200g HELP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a couple problems..
look..

I have a linksys wag200g router.. but i want to refresh my IP.

but i can get in my router on the PC.. but my quistion is.. i can't logg in with wirreless
first of all, the administration of the linksys via wireless can be enabled or disabled. please check this.

script for the JD build in reconnect engine:

Quote:
[[[HSRC]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]][[[WAIT seconds="1"/]]][[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET / HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic %%%basicauth%%%
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET /setup.cgi?next_file=Setup.htm HTTP/1.1
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
GET /setup.cgi?next_file=Status.htm HTTP/1.1
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
POST /setup.cgi HTTP/1.1

ctype=pppoe&ifstatus=Up&todo=disconnect&this_file=Status.htm&next_file=Status.htm&message=
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]][[[WAIT seconds="3"/]]][[[/STEP]]]

[[[STEP]]]
[[[REQUEST]]]
POST /setup.cgi HTTP/1.1

ctype=pppoe&ifstatus=Down&todo=connect&this_file=Status.htm&next_file=Status.htm&message=
[[[/REQUEST]]]
[[[/STEP]]]

[[[/HSRC]]]
Old 08.05.2014, 05:39
squirtmph

Exclamation Public network

thank you for such fantastic post, as much as I read am not sure what setting I have to use for somebody who use Public Network.
Quote:
I use JD2 Beta
Norton 360
Windows 7 Home Professional x64
am not sure what other information come to play, when it comes to change those setting.
JD 2 Beta loge me off they only way, it's by follow steps:
File, Re-start.
But all download tab it's lost and I needed to start from scratch again, and it takes forever each download link.
can you please help me out on how should I do these technical issue, please!

Thank you so much, for giving me any feed back..

Quote:
You do not have a Router
Step.1 search through the Reconnect forum for Sticky IP or Modem. You can also use an external search engine to search board.jdownloader.org
Step.2 you need to create a batch file that disconnects you from the server.
I never use Batch how can I do that?

Last edited by squirtmph; 09.05.2014 at 06:30.