JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.12.2010, 07:19
Bunie

Question Reconnect time limit?

It seems JDownloader updated and can now handle disconnects, however it leaves a 4 (or 5?) minute wait time? How can i change this wait time to something like 5 or 10 seconds.

I've been trying to DL a file for weeks but it disconnects after 10 seconds of downloading. Thanks to JDLR i can DL it bit by bit overnight, but this time limit is going to make it take days. how can i change the retry time?
Old 15.12.2010, 14:45
remi

What host are you talking about and why are you posting in the Reconnect forum?

You should find the cause of your disconnects.

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the port 80/html/web scanner in your virus software.

Reduce the Max.Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1.

If these recommendations don't help, please provide some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 15.12.2010, 19:27
Bunie

Thanks for replying! my first post on here lol. sorry if its in the wrong place. my issue, i specific MegaUpload links (one out of 10 for me, it seems) Downloads at 50 to 150KB/s instead of its usual 1 to 1.5MB/s. after 10 seconds into the slow DL, it stops completely. since the update yesterday, it now eventualy says "Reconnecting in 5:00", but i would prefer to wait less. theres (currently) no option to change this setting in the settings. i would post one of the links but the content of the link is "less than legal". thanks for being friendly
Old 16.12.2010, 13:28
remi

Can you download this link with your browser? It's possible that your link is affected by the server issues at MU.

This wait time probably comes from MU and jD can't do anything about it. Without a log it's difficult to guess what causes your issue.