JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.02.2014, 23:52
JD Beta

Question Why JD2 Can Not Run From A Folder with Spaces in the Path

Hi JD Team,

I was trying to run my Portable JDownloader 2 which I found from a different site and I kept getting a Messge that the program can NOT run when the Directory has "Spaces" in it's Name ...

Q1: Why is that!?!? Why does the program run fine when I moved it to Desktop and Took the Spaces out of my Portable Folders Name?

Q2: It almost seems to me (which I am Not a Tech Savvy person) the program wants to Run from C:\ Root ... WHY would that be?

Q3: Would JD Team consider having "Potable Version" of Download from this Official Site?

EDIT:
Q4: Where do the "New Updates" load into for JD 0.9.581 and JD2 Beta ... which Directory or Folder?

Thanks,

G!

Last edited by gonwk; 02.02.2014 at 00:57.
Old 02.02.2014, 02:16
English Supporter

1) we don't support 3rd party installers.

2) see answer 1

3) Our installations are portable, we provide JD and JRE within the installation directory. There is no need to download from external site to provide portable services. Once installed (you most likely already have an existing installation from our site), you can copy that directory anywhere! Additional our installers also provide support to uninstall, file associations for containers DLC, and short cuts. The only Operating system this doesn't apply well to is MAC OSX as there is the /application/ crap setup. All other OS everything JD needs is within the installation directory.

4) update systems are different, but they download components within the installation directory. JD0.9: temp to I believe... JD2: Some of its files are stored in cfg and some in temp, depending on what is what.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]