JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.06.2018, 08:49
qm2003

Question Question about "Progress", "Bytes loaded" column

Hi,

I did "Load linkcontainer" and import some packages (with links inside) to JDownloader. These packages were downloaded completely earlier on. So I marked all the links (inside the packages) as "Finished". However, the "Progress bar" for the Package still show 0%. Could you help makes this Progress to 100%? And the same thing with "Bytes loaded" column.

Attached screenshot here: http://www.imagebam.com/image/3d8af6886993064
Old 06.06.2018, 14:21
JD Manager

will be fixed with next update

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.06.2018 at 14:27.
Old 06.06.2018, 18:20
qm2003

Tks.
By the way, is it reasonable to store "Save to" (download folder) together with each Package while doing "Create DLC", so that user does NOT have to set it again when import DLC back to JD ?

Last edited by qm2003; 06.06.2018 at 18:26.
Old 07.06.2018, 02:19
English Supporter

DLC isn't designed for backing up urls, it was designed for 'secure' (not so secure now) sharing of urls with friends in a single container.

Since you have the above design criteria, saving save location was never considered. Nor should it in scheme of things as when you share with someone else the other person(s) typically wont have the same harddrive setup as the author.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.06.2018, 05:46
qm2003

Well, my initial thought is that the DLC files can serve as JD database where I can switch from one to another - just to make main-download-table (screen) NOT so full of packages over years.

Hope this will be put into consideration in the next design (a small checkbox to confirm saving the "download folder" will do the job).

In addition (might be away from this thread), I also look for nested packages - so I can just ignore the idea of "DLC as JD database" so long as JD is still considerable fast with lots of download urls.

Rgds,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
DLC isn't designed for backing up urls, it was designed for 'secure' (not so secure now) sharing of urls with friends in a single container.

Since you have the above design criteria, saving save location was never considered. Nor should it in scheme of things as when you share with someone else the other person(s) typically wont have the same harddrive setup as the author.
Old 07.06.2018, 09:43
JD Manager

@qm2003: JDownloader can easily handle lots/millions of links but you have to tweak memory settings for such usage. In case you need help with that, please let us know.
See https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...80&postcount=9
DLC is a container format and not meant for export of links as it doesn't support meta information required for proper export.
You can however just backup/copy the downloadList or linkcollector zip in your cfg folder
those hold the complete current downloadlist or linkgrabber list. you can later import/load them again with *load container* or drag/drop
into JDownloader.
Old 11.06.2018, 06:12
qm2003

@Jiaz: I understand these procedures for backup/restore and also the capability of handling millions of links. However, my concern is the cleanliness of the Main Download Table. Over long period, I kept adding hundred of packages - scroll up/down or collapse/expand these packages takes time which is inconvenient. I would like JD to have feature to help me organize them better; such as: multi-level nested packages.

Last edited by qm2003; 11.06.2018 at 06:19.
Old 15.06.2018, 16:03
JD Manager

Nested packages won't come because it would require major changes in backend and frontend. the table model is no good for deeper levels or complex nested packages structures. also it would impact high performance issue as the model would have to check for changes deep in nested structures. What we have in mind is an additional *history/archive* tab where you can move/find finished/archived links for later check/use/dupe checks.
Old 18.06.2018, 08:36
qm2003

Got it! Wait for your next update...
Old 18.06.2018, 11:40
JD Manager

The update is live since 06.06.2018
It will only be fixed for new links. Existing links stay untouched.
Old 25.06.2018, 18:53
qm2003

@Jiaz: Just found another situation with DLC:
- After import DLC, Linkgrabber did NOT show DUPLICATED for urls that are supposedly stored in DLC (imported back to JD already).
- In addition, I go back to JD download table and the check the imported links (from DLC). To my surprise, "Show Download URLs" show me the location of the DLC file instead of the link's Internet url.
Was I wrong somewhere?

Tks.
Old 26.06.2018, 11:09
JD Manager

DLC files are not meant for backup/restore or save/load, just for sharing. Links that are exported via DLC are processed as complete new links and depending on the link/plugin the duplicate handling will see them as new files.
It's an historical format as alternative to CCF, RSD container files.

JDownloader will show the URL that is available in order that is set in Settings-User Interface-Downloadlink address display. Each link may have multiple URLs associated with it and JDownloader shows the one that is available first, see order in settings. For example JDownloader is able to remember the browser/tab URL where you've copied a link from. Or in your case, the container file from disk where the link got read from.
You can either change that order or rightclick-properties-show downloadurls and double click into the url.

Please know that DLC will prevent you from seeing the raw URL as explained above, it's a container for sharing.
Old 28.06.2018, 06:20
qm2003

Thanks for your very detail answers.

Last edited by qm2003; 28.06.2018 at 06:43.
Old 28.06.2018, 07:13
qm2003

@Jiaz: I have one more issue with flickr plugins. Photos in flickr account like **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** CANNOT be downloaded. Do you have any plan to tackle?
Old 28.06.2018, 09:24
JD Manager

@qm2003: please send account logins and example links to support@jdownloader.org
I thought account support was kind of working. Did you add your account to JDownloader?
Old 28.06.2018, 10:43
qm2003

@Jiaz: sorry for unable to share my yahoo/flickr login. However this is screenshot of the flickr account (I want to download photos from): http://www.imagebam.com/image/814292906200964
I supplied my flickr account to JD already, but LinkGrabber just doesn't grab anything.
In addition, to some other flickr account, JD cannot get all the photos (eg, flickr says this account has 1000 photos; but JD Linkgrabber can only manage to get around 800 photos). Look like the flickr plugins does not 100% compatible with flickr website.
Old 28.06.2018, 11:12
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I can't check/fix the plugin without logins+example links.
I would say that account handling + links that require account have issues. That would explain why out of 1000 images only 800 are found. Maybe the rest is *mature* material which requires account as well
Old 28.06.2018, 11:20
qm2003

@Jiaz: Example links already mentioned in earlier comment: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** or you can find it in the photo screenshot. My account is a free account (not PRO, paid one) so it should act just like ordinary account that everyone can get.
Old 28.06.2018, 12:10
JD Manager

Ah okay, I thought the account must be *friend* with gallery owner, that's why I was asking
Old 29.06.2018, 07:49
qm2003

Oh, I just follow him, no friendship nor other special connection is made.