JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.03.2012, 23:02
pfanne

Default avg and jdownloader

ok first of all i've googled a lot on this topic.

so what i've found is that it was solved a year ago or so but now i've seen some threads about it again recently.
the problem started after i reinstalled avg internet security 2011 (before everything was ok). rapidshare wasn't downloading at all (stopping after downloading exactly 40.44kb) and other hosters lost connection simultaneously and sporadically, telling me connection was lost or there were no write permissions. after adding everything i could think of which has to do with java or jdownloader to the exception-lists nothing changed. i started wondering if it has something to do with avg at all, stopped it and everything worked fine.
so i started with the most frustrating part: disabling one component after another and restarting a download each time.
i came to the conclusion that 2 components are interfering with jd: the surf-shield in the link scanner (as i have already read on the internet) and web protection in online shield (which was new to me).

anyone got a solution how i could avoid changing my av or leaving online shield deactivated? i can live without link scanner but online shield is kind of important i think.

thanks
Old 27.03.2012, 23:22
Freeloader

with one of the avg int security versions it would still keep blocking java no matter how you configured it. Try the 2012 version they got or use a different software
Old 28.03.2012, 00:47
pfanne

but as i said it already worked before
Old 28.03.2012, 04:51
Freeloader

It happens randomly, link scanner interferes with the java socket randomly and Jiaz added a handler for this by increasing timeouts. But I think this will only be available with the new version of JD.

Most of the link scanners within the virus softwares will cause problems with the java socket , so this problem does not apply to AVG only. Almost all of the virus programs have to be configured properly or connections will fail

About the online shield problem, I do not know what that module does and doubt that it has anything to do with the connection issues. But if you are certain that it interferes with JD please check and see if it has a exception list ? Perhaps you can add a range of IP addresses you're downloading from?

You can also contact the avg support team, they have a board running and it looks active forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums
Old 28.03.2012, 22:15
pfanne

tried avg2012 and the problem is still there

yes i am certain that online shield has something to do with it. i've activated and deactivated it about 20 times now and each time it was activated download didn't work.
online shield in fact has an exception list but how do i find out the ip range for a hoster?

is jiaz's handler implemented in an experimental version?

Last edited by pfanne; 28.03.2012 at 22:34.
Old 29.03.2012, 04:38
English Supporter

online shield checks and changes html on the fly. when it changes html it breaks our regular expressions in our plugins. Turn it off or make a expemtion for java and then problem solved.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 29.03.2012, 05:15
pfanne

there is no exception list for programs in the settings of online shield. only one for ip.
besides, as i said, i have everything regarding java in every exception list avg offers.
Old 29.03.2012, 13:59
English Supporter

shit product if they don't allow customisation of a core feature of there software package. I'd write to them and tell them so.

Old 29.03.2012, 14:34
pfanne

well maybe its because it doesn't interfere with java directly but with the download url or something so that an exception list for programs wouldn't make sense.
Old 29.03.2012, 18:14
English Supporter

its listening to sockets on port :80 or even any port but header based. The program should know which application is behind the request as its man in the middle type of thing. Admuncher which works on the same principle provides exemptions. They have been running this type of system for 10~ years, long before Antivirus software started scanning for potential problems within user browsing habits.

Old 29.03.2012, 19:26
pfanne

this is good to know but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. deactivating it or changing to another av program is not an option for me.

is the handler jiaz wrote implemented in the nightly version?
Old 29.03.2012, 19:32
English Supporter

no, next major update