JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.10.2019, 18:58
Mega Loader

Default Automatic rename of duplicate folder names?

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent folders with the same name to download in the same folder?

Example: If there is a webpage that provides several downloadlinks, each resulting in a folder called "Documents", all files from each link ends up in the same folder in my JDownloader download folder.

Is there a way that I can ask JDownloader to create a new folder if a given foldername already exist on my machine - like the program renames files with names that already exist? So, first download will make a folder called "Documents", the second in a folder called "Documents-1" (for example), and so on.

Thanks for your advice.

Claus
Old 24.10.2019, 19:34
JD Manager

I'm sorry but that's not supported . You might wanna try to use Settings-Packagizer and create a rule that customized the packagename/download folder (for example date/time or part of the url) to have distinguish names
Old 24.10.2019, 19:36
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I'm sorry but that's not supported . You might wanna try to use Settings-Packagizer and create a rule that customized the packagename/download folder (for example date/time or part of the url) to have distinguish names
Thanks for the answer. I will try to figure it out.

Could I put the feature on your wish list? :-)
Old 24.10.2019, 20:20
JD Manager

That feature isn't that easy as it sounds because JDownloader would have to remember for each package/link is the underlying directory is the one that existed or got created by this feature.
Imagine JDownloader creating Test1 directory and you move the link to another package, does this other package which also should download to Test1 now rename to Test2 and also move the link from Test1 to Test2....What to do if Test1 got created but removed manually? Create it again or Create Test2 because another Package has created Test1 before.....