JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24.06.2019, 04:23
flash82

Default Folderwatch & Linkcollector in My.JDownloader

Hey guys.

I've long used JD2 happily and successfully, but now that I've set up my own Linux server, I'm trying to run a headless instance of the client. For that purpose I've set up a Samba share to where I'll download all *.dlc files, which are then grabbed by the Folderwatch plugin/extension.

So far so good. I've had no problems setting it up, because that part is actually idiot proof. But I've run into a few issues anyway and hope you can help me.

1) Once I fill the Linkcollector with packages - import of the *.dlc files works just fine without the need for any extra configuration - the web app keeps updating the information frequently. In the process it deselects anything I've marked before. This is a real hassle, because it's almost impossible to select multiple files in a package and then download only those. In contrast this does not happen on the Downloads tab, where I can easily select packages or single files without losing the selection. It's also not browser dependent, I tested on the latest Firefox and Opera browsers with the same result.
2) I've noticed that the Linkcollector works differently on My.JDownloader than in the desktop client, because it keeps the packages in the Linkcollector even after they have been added to the Downloads tab.
3) Maybe due to the same issue as in 1), I've also noticed that it's difficult to delete packages from the Linkcollector. It frequently tells me "Selection removed successfully" only for the package(s) to reappear with the next data update.
4) Does Watchfolder not clean up after itself? I noticed that it doesn't remove the downloaded *.dlc container files in the designated watch folder after they have been read completely into the Linkcollector, not even after the contents finished downloading. Is there an extra setting I'm missing or do I have to do that myself?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.