JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.06.2019, 04:11
JD Fan

Default Is it a good idea to put JD2 download folder on SSD?(not the one Windows 10 is on)

I have three SSDs and one hard drive in my PC. I built it from scratch from all new parts.

C: 250gb SSD, Windows 10 and other programs, including JD2, are installed on this drive)

D: 500gb SSD, only my personal audio/video/photo files are on this one

E: 500gb SSD, blank right now

F: 2TB hard drive, JDownloader2 download folder is currently here. No other files on this drive.

Is it a good idea to put JD2 download folder on the last SSD (E:)? It's a Sandisk Ultra 500gb SSD that I bought from Best Buy store for $43 when it was on sale... which means it's not the end of the world if the drive dies somehow... I"m just wondering if the repeated, constant large file writing on the SSD from Jdownlaoder2 can kill it much earlier than a hard drive....

THanks!
Old 24.06.2019, 16:07
JD Manager

Just my opinion: You can place JDownloader on SSD or HDD.JDownloader also runs fine from USB or SD Card, if wished
Your SSD has 200 TBW which means you would have to write 500GB every day to and still have 400 days until TBW is reached. Our servers run on SSD with much higher write rate/load and they are still working fine.
I would not care about such details because then you also have to think about other tools like Browser, Scanners, Antivirus...basically each application
that may interact with the system and cause writes. In JDownloader you can reduce write load by increasing
Settings-Advanced Settings
search for "maximum delay" and "minimum delay", there you can change delays when to write list to disk
defaults are 5 secs after last change and max 60 secs