JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.05.2021, 11:51
Giga Loader

Default Instagram - "Spam Flagging" Seems To Be Way More Aggressive Now

I have to bring this up, because currently, my JD activity with Instagram is causing my account to get locked way more frequently than it ever used to.

Now, I know that the JD staff cannot do anything to prevent Instagram's spam activity detection. I have started using the cookie login, and while it reduces the chances of my account getting locked, it does not fully prevent the possibility.

Which is why I need tips on how to prevent these locks as much as possible. Would removing the cookie login regularly, help? How many files can I "safely" download at a time, without alerting the spam detection? Back on April 29, 2021, I had downloaded over 18,000 files, and my account did not get locked. Now, the Instagram system locks me out even if I download only 2,000 - 3,000 files. Should I only download a few hundred at a time? How many hours interval should I avoid downloading multiple files? Would it help if I split my total downloading activity between my accounts? Or, do I have to resort to switching around my IP address somehow?

Edit: To shed more light on this situation, here is a Reddit thread on this issue from 8 months ago.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by goldensun87; 30.05.2021 at 11:55.
Old 31.05.2021, 17:08
Community Manager

While I do not have any useful hints for you, your issue may be related with this report.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 31.05.2021, 17:19
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensun87 View Post
Or, do I have to resort to switching around my IP address somehow?
IP doesn't matter here because the statistics/analysis/activity detection is run on the account itself.
Why check IP if you can just *record* all requests/post access in account and run activity detection there.
Old 31.05.2021, 17:22
JD Manager

Maybe you can try to collect the posts and then try to download them without any account at all. Maybe can reduce the amount of requests associated with your account.
Old 31.05.2021, 17:23
JD Manager

Quote:
Should I only download a few hundred at a time? How many hours interval should I avoid downloading multiple files? Would it help if I split my total downloading activity between my accounts? Or, do I have to resort to switching around my IP address somehow?
Without knowing the exact reasons why they keep locking accounts, you can just do wild guesses.
Old 01.06.2021, 20:30
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
While I do not have any useful hints for you, your issue may be related with **External links are only visible to Support Staff**....

-psp-
Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning the slow download speed on all Instagram videos. I'm glad someone else has already mentioned it. To compensate for the slow speed, I resorted to downloading 5 videos at once. Perhaps the multiple simultaneous downloads is what got flagged as "suspicious activity". Or maybe the long download time of the videos also somehow causes it? I'm not sure. I am currently avoiding most, if not all, Insta video downloads.
Old 01.06.2021, 20:45
Giga Loader

Quote:
Maybe you can try to collect the posts and then try to download them without any account at all. Maybe can reduce the amount of requests associated with your account.
I can try it again, but if I remember correctly from the last time I tried, JD is unable to download grabbed Insta files if JD is not logged into an Insta account.

All right so, when I have a large number of files to download, switching between accounts should help reduce the chances of getting locked out. Would it also help if I grabbed the files while logged into one account, and then download the files with another account?
Old 02.06.2021, 11:36
JD Manager

Quote:
I can try it again, but if I remember correctly from the last time I tried, JD is unable to download grabbed Insta files if JD is not logged into an Insta account.
Only if IG requires an account. But yeah, mostly you won't have any luck without using any account
Old 02.06.2021, 11:37
JD Manager

Quote:
Would it also help if I grabbed the files while logged into one account, and then download the files with another account?
It may help but unknown
Old 07.06.2021, 13:07
Giga Loader

Does JDownloader have a feature to automatically delay each download from starting for a set number of seconds? If not, would it be possible to add such a feature? Would a delay in api calls to Insta be enough to prevent suspicious activity detection? If yes, what would be a good minimum delay time?
Old 07.06.2021, 13:18
JD Manager

@goldensun87: JDownloader already uses request limiter, only 1 request every 400ms.
IG can always easily detect tools/bots over normal browser usage.
Because the "use pattern" of a tool/bot always looks complete different than normal use.
Old 08.06.2021, 01:27
Giga Loader

Hmm. So, increasing the interval of this request limiter would not help at all? And, is this request limiter applied to crawls, downloads, or both?
Old 08.06.2021, 11:42
JD Manager

The limit is set on instagram.com domain, so it's applied to both, crawling and downloading.
I don't think that the request limit has much to do with IG detecting suspicious activitiy. Normally you don't scroll through hundreds/thousands of posts and watch each one individually As I already said, it's very easy for IG to differ tool/bot usage over normal usage
Old 08.06.2021, 20:53
Giga Loader

Right. However, I have loaded entire profiles on browser before. That is, scrolled all the way down to the earliest posts. Although, I suppose when I am doing this, the browser is only loading the thumbnails of those posts, right? Loading each post in a single tab is possible and of course takes more time realistically, and loading each file in multiposts takes longer still no doubt.

I know it is possible to load every post on a profile, within a single browser tab, with just the right arrow key on the keyboard. Unfortunately, I do not yet know if there is a keystroke for loading the subsequent files on a multipost. I am still needing to use mouse click for that. Also, I do not know if the full-resolution pics are being accessed when browsing through posts in this mode.

If I could access this keystroke and mouse click data, log it, and send it to the JD staff, would you guys be able to make JD further emulate Instagram browser activity? That is, make JD download files from Insta, in the same, realistic time it would take an average user to browse through posts and multiposts?
Old 09.06.2021, 10:29
JD Manager

@goldensun87: I'm sorry but this is not about mouse movement or keystrokes. It's about requests/browser environment and most important about activity. A *normal* user scrolls, watches some posts and maybe likes/comments. A *normal* user doesn't click on every post and watches the full image/video....for every single post.
Tools/Bots are completely different from that and it's always easy to detect.
It doesn't make any sense in spending time on this as we simply don't know how their detection works and what their limits are. There are dedicated tools just for IG suffering same issues
Old 09.06.2021, 13:45
Community Manager

@goldensun87
To complete this:
If anyone was to build a script to automate this without detection, this person would most likely keep it private in order to keep it working

If I were you, this is what I would try:
- Add further delays to JD downloads using the EventScripter: If you're lucky and their detection is not complex, this is all you need to do e.g. download 1 picture every 5 seconds (again, this is unlikely really going to help but it's worth trying)
- Find scripts made specifically for IG downloading and try the same as described above: Large gaps between downloads/requests

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.06.2021, 06:19
Giga Loader

Quote:
@goldensun87: I'm sorry but this is not about mouse movement or keystrokes. It's about requests/browser environment and most important about activity. A *normal* user scrolls, watches some posts and maybe likes/comments. A *normal* user doesn't click on every post and watches the full image/video....for every single post.
Tools/Bots are completely different from that and it's always easy to detect.
It doesn't make any sense in spending time on this as we simply don't know how their detection works and what their limits are. There are dedicated tools just for IG suffering same issues
Yeah, I know that since JD is an all-in-one downloader, you guys have your hands full with many other issues. I really should look into the dedicated tools, and get in touch with their devs and/or start frequenting their forums, etc.
Old 11.06.2021, 06:22
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@goldensun87
To complete this:
If anyone was to build a script to automate this without detection, this person would most likely keep it private in order to keep it working

If I were you, this is what I would try:
- Add further delays to JD downloads using the EventScripter: If you're lucky and their detection is not complex, this is all you need to do e.g. download 1 picture every 5 seconds (again, this is unlikely really going to help but it's worth trying)
- Find scripts made specifically for IG downloading and try the same as described above: Large gaps between downloads/requests

-psp-
Thanks, I will give those a try. And yeah, I'm afraid you might be right, in that the delays will not be enough to prevent getting flagged. But, if it is, the short time delays are not too much of a compromise, compared to constantly being forced to change my password, and/or being forced to show my face to "prove that I am human".
Old 11.06.2021, 11:50
JD Manager

Thanks for your understanding that we cannot spend too much time on this when it mainly affects *power* users
Old 11.06.2021, 13:26
Community Manager

Quote:
and/or being forced to show my face to "prove that I am human".
lol really? Crazy!

Spoiler:

Quote: