JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.04.2010, 05:06
Bug

Default Mac Address Change for static IPs

There should be an option for this or an improvement on the script recorder to do so.
You see, I have an Encore ENHWI-G3 router connected to a Motorola SBV5121 modem and it seems that I have a static IP, I believe this because the only way I can change the IP address is changing the MAC address. (See thread: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?p=77827 )
The process of changing this address in particular is rather manually, what I mean, my router (for example) has an option to change this, but there's not an option to generate a random address so I'm forced to edit it manually (randomly) to get a new IP.
In simple terms, I can use the script recorder and generate a script of this process, however, the MAC address will be the same since it only copy my movements and I need a random factor on it where the script is able to edit the address with other characters and then confirming the changes. I already tried disconnecting the router and the modem, checked the settings on both devices (Like "restart" and such) to confirm whatever if I had a Dinamic IP address or not; none of these methods worked.

As you may see, the "Clone Mac Address" Option will only restore the original address, so there's not much to do with it. I hope you can consider doing something about this as it will be much of an help for those with the same problem.

Old 04.04.2010, 11:26
remi

Please, read about a MAC Address Changer.

If you don't know how to read the link in that post, here it is :- "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 05.04.2010, 06:19
JD English Support (inactive)

This should have been in the Reconnection Forum
Old 25.05.2010, 13:47
remi

You can still move it there, because you have "Super Moderator" status and privileges.
Old 25.05.2010, 16:32
eMeR Manix

AFAIK this application can only change local NIC MAC-number - not distant device.

So, in which way one can use this tool to change MAC of router interface?

How cloning of MAC can be automated by JD?
Old 26.05.2010, 05:20
JD English Support (inactive)

When you have to change the MAC address to change the IP address, that is still a dynamic IP address (static addresses never change without help from the ISP). I refer to this as a sticky IP.

The DHCP server at the ISP remembers the IP address that was assigned to the computer before the router restarted and just "renews the lease" on that IP address. This usually gives the user 3 days to 3 months without having to change IP addresses. This is actually the way things are supposed to work.

For most routers, there is a way to use the router's control panel to change its effective MAC address.There are several examples in the forum.

The problem is that each router is different, so there is no way to create an option to do this automatically. This is just part of the script. The problem is that there is no way to keep choosing new IP addresses. The easiest way to do this is to restart twice, once with a fake MAC address and once with the real MAC address.