JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.06.2019, 16:45
niceshoez

Default Katfile Premium Account No longer Downloading Correctly JDownloader 2

Hello,

Sometime after June 13, I have been encountering downloading issues with my KAT premium account when I was not experiencing them before.

1. The Link in the Linkgrabber section no longer downloads to the specified directory I assign it in the 'Save To' field, rather, it opens the link and through dialog asks me where to download the file in my file system

2. I am now encountering very slow download rates even after making sure JDownloader 2 is using my premium account login credentials

3. I am now encountering download limits in Jdownloader 2 as if I am using a free account from KAT. I can't download another file with KAT for 2 hours.

4. I am now encountering Captchas through JDownloader 2 that I never had to perform with my KAT File Premium account (My account is the Lifetime variety)

5. Rockfile downloads now have a fatal timeout error that keep ticking down minutes but resetting to another minute value each time the timer hits 00:00. After a while of this, the Rockfile download reports a timeout error.

I've eliminated the actual KAT service as the culprit because I can download multiple files without captchas , download limits or slow download rates. Downloading directly from a KAT file link without using Jdownloader 2 gets the files successfully and quickly without time or bandwidth or Captcha restrictions.

Here are the logs I've built:
18.06.19 09.04.20 <--> 16.06.19 03.57.33 jdlog://7533086935451/

Thanks for any assistance with this!
Old 18.06.2019, 17:57
JD Manager

1.) JDownloader doesn't automatically open a *save to* dialog, so I don't understand that point. nothing has changed so either you've changed default download folder OR you're adding links via AddLinks dialog, which has different download folder or you setup some packagizer rules. Maybe you can explain better/screenshots?

2.) does the speedgraph show a red line? does the account still show as valid/premium in account overview? the last change on kat plugin is from 30.05.2019.

3,4.) please see 2

5.) please provide example links

From you log it looks like JDownloader no longer detects premium status correctly and choosing free method (slow, captchas). Please send some example links and username/password to support@jdownloader.org so we can check/fix the plugin
Old 18.06.2019, 18:00
JD Manager

Old 18.06.2019, 21:13
niceshoez

Thanks so much for the ideas!

I will make some screenshots for the next post.
There's been no red lines during downloads at all and it does seem like JD2 is using a free account and not recognizing my lifetime account.

I am scratching my head, I did not change anything leading up to the 13th and the behaviors all of a sudden began at the same time...

However, I do remember turning on the Private Internet Access VPN connection around that time and I wonder if that has anything to do with the problems. I had stopped using PIA shortly thereafter but the issues still persist.

Anyway, my next post will have screenshots and examples.

I do not feel comfortable giving out userid/passwords to any of my accounts so we'll have to find a way around that or I'll have to give better examples as an alternative.

Thanks Jiaz!
Old 18.06.2019, 21:30
niceshoez

Intriguing find!

I turned on Private VPN again and selected a different IP to login as and the links I am downloading now show various errors like 403 and Plugin outdated etc.

When I go to KAT file's site over my private VPN via browser, I can still verify that my login credentials and premium account are still at Lifetime premium levels.

Anyway, I have a lot of screenshots to take and I will post them a bit later.
Thanks again!
Old 19.06.2019, 13:09
JD Manager

Screenshots don't help in that case. We need username/password (send them to support@jdownloader.org) so we can check lifetime support. Very likely some layout/string has changed on the website and that breaks the lifetime detection.

I found possible cause. wait for next plugin update and try again
Old 19.06.2019, 16:10
niceshoez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I found possible cause. wait for next plugin update and try again
Your update worked! Whatever you did fixed the issue. I no longer see a dialog asking me where to save the download and the download links are no longer inhibited by number of downloads, bandwidth rate and captchas. In essence, it recognizes my lifetime account...
Bravo!
And you did it without having to use my username and password which I am leery about giving out. So was it a changed string that couldn't be detected correctly?

The Rockfile fatal time out error persists but I am using the free download account as i do not have a premium account for Rockfile.
Old 19.06.2019, 16:45
JD Manager

thanks for the feedback
It was caused by a misstake of one of our developers that broke the *still logged in* detection and that caused only free mode to work

provide a new log about the fatal time error, I'm sure we can fix that as well
Old 19.06.2019, 22:09
niceshoez

Quote:
thanks for the feedback
It was caused by a misstake of one of our developers that broke the *still logged in* detection and that caused only free mode to work

provide a new log about the fatal time error, I'm sure we can fix that as well
Nice catch,
I started noticing the weirdness after June 13 so it must have creeped into an update right after or something.

Here is the new log on the fatal time outs for Rockfile...

19.06.19 09.01.24 <--> 19.06.19 15.05.35 jdlog://1473086935451/
Old 20.06.2019, 16:20
niceshoez

I've added a new log for your review regarding the Fatal timeouts for Rockfile free account downloading:

20.06.19 09.10.38 <--> 18.06.19 19.10.51 jdlog://4393086935451/

Thank you!
Old 21.06.2019, 12:41
JD Manager

Thanks!
Old 03.07.2019, 00:09
niceshoez

Just confirmed the Rockfile fix is working. Free account went past the timer and is downloading. Success!
Thanks!
Old 18.10.2019, 18:31
niceshoez

Hello, I would like to reopen this case. I just discovered today.

After the last update the KATFile login credentilas have been broken exactly like this original case a couple months ago. I imagine it will be an easy fix with the solution you had in this thread the last time.

Thanks!
Old 18.10.2019, 18:46
JD Manager

No changes on katfile plugin since 05.07.2019. In case you can no longer use your account, please send logins to support@jdownloader.org so I can check it
Old 19.10.2019, 19:15
niceshoez

Quote:
No changes on katfile plugin since 05.07.2019. In case you can no longer use your account, please send logins to support@jdownloader.org so I can check it
I found the problem. Consider this solved. When the last update happened, it erased my saved login credentials. I reentered my credentials and JD2 resumed downloads normally from Katfile.

Thanks!

FYI, you guys were able to fix this without using a login id and password earlier. I don't give out logins or passwords and can verify my account works simple by going to Katfile and logging in.
Old 22.10.2019, 19:15
JD Manager

@niceshoez: last time we had a log that helped to find the cause and fix it. this time, no logs and I cannot try/test/fix without valid logins
Thanks for the feedback!