JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 07.10.2011, 06:01
English Supporter

Free download works, maybe they change the API (premium) again.
Old 07.10.2011, 09:10
remi

@Flanker-B, Shaan & Hermanch

I recommend checking the following :-

1) If your password contains special characters, please change it. Then remove your account, restart jD, and add the account again.

2) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

If this wouldn't work, please provide a complete and detailed log and send your account data to support@jdownloader.org.
Old 07.10.2011, 09:43
English Supporter

@shann

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden == http error (they have blocked you)
Reason: Inconsistancy (66 / IRN / ) <- not sure what that means.

Private message me your user:pass and I'll try from my connection.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.10.2011, 11:32
CitizenK

Same here. Filesonic premium not working anymore.

----------------Response------------------
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:23:39 GMT
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/plain
Connection: close
Server: nginx
Reason: Inconsistancy (66 / DEU / )

Downloading manually without JD works fine.
Old 07.10.2011, 13:16
English Supporter

To everyone having 403 errors, We have sent a message off to filesonic and guess we will wait and see what the problem is, and we can then address the problem accordingly.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.10.2011, 17:36
Dub2k8

Default Slow downloads with Filesonic?

Anyone else having issues with Filesonic and JD today? I have a FS premium and normally download over 1MB/s, but today it is really slow, I'm talking an avg of 40-70 Kb/s slow, and I only have 1 download going at a time. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Edit: Now I restarted JD and the same link is getting a disconnect message. It isn't my internet because I just tested my speeds and everything else looks fine.

Last edited by Dub2k8; 07.10.2011 at 17:42.
Old 08.10.2011, 00:05
Hermanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub2k8 View Post
Anyone else having issues with Filesonic and JD today? I have a FS premium and normally download over 1MB/s, but today it is really slow, I'm talking an avg of 40-70 Kb/s slow, and I only have 1 download going at a time. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.
Same here, good buddy.
Old 08.10.2011, 00:40
Shaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@shann

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden == http error (they have blocked you)
Reason: Inconsistancy (66 / IRN / ) <- not sure what that means.

Private message me your user:pass and I'll try from my connection.
Already checked in browser (with same IP address) it's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
To everyone having 403 errors, We have sent a message off to filesonic and guess we will wait and see what the problem is, and we can then address the problem accordingly.
Thanks.
Considering problems FileServe/FileSonic had so far, it would be too good if both API and web login implemented in hoster so users could switch between them from settings.

Last edited by Shaan; 08.10.2011 at 03:57.
Old 08.10.2011, 04:10
Shaan

Filesonic is working for me again. I didn't do anything. Seems they fixed it (hopefully permanently).
Old 09.10.2011, 01:17
Vacuum Cleaner

Hello,

FileSonic premium just stopped working for me suddenly. It was fine earlier today.
It says "Login failed! please check username and pw".
I uninstalled JD, rebooted, reinstall still no luck.
My password does not contain special characters, but I changed it anyway.
I even changed the nickname and used my e-mail. Not working..
I can log-in fine from browsers.

Anybody else having this issue?
any ideas?
FileSonic and JD are not best friends lately even though FS recommends JD!
Old 09.10.2011, 10:07
remi

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

If this wouldn't work, please provide a complete and detailed log and send your account data to support@jdownloader.org.
Old 09.10.2011, 20:16
Navier

Default FileSonic and captcha

Hello
I just signed for a year at filesonic. I tried downloading using jdownloader. For the first day it wouldn"t recognize the account. Today it recognizes the account as Premium yet it still gives me the 10 waiting time and I have to fill in the captcha all the time. Thought with premium you avoided both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
To make sure it wasn't site related I tried downloading from a few yet same results.
Thanks.
Nav

Last edited by Navier; 09.10.2011 at 20:52.
Old 09.10.2011, 21:15
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

It's not that. Not everything is blamed on anti-virus programs.
I don't have a firewall anyway and it's not my AV software.
I've been using JD for months so that is not the problem.

I've seen people uploading logs that has their e-mail and passwords
and I'm really not comfortable sharing my e-mail and other personal info
with anyone.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
Old 10.10.2011, 08:24
remi

First test your account in your browser. If your password contains special characters (including - or _), please change it.

Enable the option "Enable Premium globally" in the Premium menu.

Then remove your account, restart jD, and add the account again.

If this wouldn't work, please provide (some example links and) a complete and detailed log.
Old 10.10.2011, 09:12
remi

I can understand you don't want to provide a log, but then you also need to understand that it's more difficult to find the cause of your problem.

If your account works in your browser but not in jD you probably forgot to enable it or it's blocked by something interfering with jD's traffic. Are you running an add-blocker?

Note that if you don't have a firewall on your computer you should at least have one in your router, otherwise this lack of protection can also be the cause of your problem.
Old 11.10.2011, 03:32
Shaan

The permission problem only occurs with u28 server. I tried many links, all of them were u28. Unfortunately there is no way to find the server when everything is OK and JD starts to download. Nor "copy link" tells real server neither the log (why??). In browser I couldn't simulate the error cause same links redirect to other servers (like s343 or s308). Any idea why most of the times it's this particular server in JD?

Code:
----------------Request------------------
GET /apidownload/2510672551_996571_1359744240_0_6141318293686?username=*****&password=***** HTTP/1.1
Accept-Language: de, en-gb;q=0.9, en;q=0.8
Host: u28.filesonic.com
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Referer: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Accept-Encoding: 
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (JDP; X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.10
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache

----------------Response------------------
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:41:27 GMT
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/plain
Server: nginx
Reason: Inconsistancy (66 / IRN / )

@raztoki
You got any reply from them?
Old 11.10.2011, 12:22
scoob

JD (both nightly and stable) hasn't been able to handle FileSonic in months. When it does work, it's a miracle that only lasts briefly.

The "plugin out of date" problem isn't limited to filesonic, though that's where it is most visible. The host plugin mechanism is utterly broken and stupidly designed, as I've written before.

I've taken to managing my filesonic links separately in MiPony. It seems to work well. If I discover it can handle other features (e.g. alternative links), I'm off JD for good. But I've got a lot of running downloads in JD for now.
Old 11.10.2011, 12:26
Polish Supporter

@Shaan:
jD uses filesonic API so the API redirects so called "browser" link to the real link
so if the same link works in browser, I assume this is API error (different behavior for both methods, redirecting to different servers).
Give us some links, so the other Premium users can verify that error in jD.

Also check /Windows/system32/etc/hosts file - maybe something put wrong IP for u28.filesonic.com there.
u28.filesonic.com should be translated to 78.140.190.113.
Old 11.10.2011, 12:41
remi

Cool

@scoob

I've been checking your previous posts and I haven't detected any complete and detailed log of your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob View Post
How about a sane hoster plugin mechanism, where regular expressions are not hard-coded in Java then compiled into .class binaries, but rather stored in some xml file (or in some scripting language on top of the JVM)? This way users could quickly update plugins, no recompilation needed.

Or how about an update mechanism that can update plugins without bringing the entire JD process down, thus forcing me to interrupt downloads?

And humma (or anyone who has the code at hand), if you have figured out the problem, why not run a compilation and post the .class file(s) here?
If you've the technical skills why don't you contribute to this open source project? The project is in need for brilliant programmers like you.

Quote:
JD (both nightly and stable) hasn't been able to handle FileSonic in months. When it does work, it's a miracle that only lasts briefly.

The "plugin out of date" problem isn't limited to filesonic, though that's where it is most visible. The host plugin mechanism is utterly broken and stupidly designed, as I've written before.

I've taken to managing my filesonic links separately in MiPony. It seems to work well. If I discover it can handle other features (e.g. alternative links), I'm off JD for good. But I've got a lot of running downloads in JD for now.
jD is free so jD doesn't have to reimburse any money. You are free to use any tool you want.

Since the API is working for most people with a FSc account I think the problem is at your side.

Last edited by remi; 12.10.2011 at 09:12. Reason: typo
Old 11.10.2011, 13:11
scoob

Quote:
@scoob

I've been checking your previous posts and I haven't detected any complete and detailed log of your problem.
Does it matter anymore? People have posted countless HTTP responses above showing how the download page from filesonic varies ever-so-slightly week by week, and download-server by download-server, which breaks the filesonic plugin everytime ("plugin out of date").

On top of that the update mechanism is unwieldy in the extreme (updating a single plugin requires restarting the whole application -- not to talk about stable-branch users who have to wait UNTIL NEXT MONTH or so for a new release!)

Imagine if an anti-virus vendor tried to peddle a product with such "features"! One that required you to manually download updates, switch to the nightly branch, restart several times, and still have it break again and again etc. Why can't JD auto-connect to the update server and fix the plugins that aren't working?

I'm using Filesonic free, no accounts. Hasn't been working for months. I see constant complaints in this thread, so I doubt there's anything wrong on my end (also -- MiPony works!)

As for contributing... These people aren't serious. There is a tutorial for getting started in Eclipse (a piece of crap which I will never touch). There are no instructions in the source code for getting the required libraries in a proper directory structure, let alone building the whole behemoth. There are no other web pages with this information (or at least none that come up in search results or are within browsing reach).

Yeah, I could figure it out, but such lack of proper infrastructure usually indicates unprofessionalism and/or lack of intelligence. The functionality of the product itself, as well as some of the code I've seen, corroborates these suspicions.
Old 11.10.2011, 13:47
remi

Cool

Quote:
Does it matter anymore? People have posted countless HTTP responses above showing how the download page from filesonic varies ever-so-slightly week by week, and download-server by download-server, which breaks the filesonic plugin everytime ("plugin out of date").
jD uses an API fro the FSc host and it is independent of any changes to FSc's web pages.

Quote:
On top of that the update mechanism is unwieldy in the extreme (updating a single plugin requires restarting the whole application -- not to talk about stable-branch users who have to wait UNTIL NEXT MONTH or so for a new release!)
I've done some statistical analysis. It's not one month but 11 days.

Quote:
Imagine if an anti-virus vendor tried to peddle a product with such "features"! One that required you to manually download updates, switch to the nightly branch, restart several times, and still have it break again and again etc. Why can't JD auto-connect to the update server and fix the plugins that aren't working?
That's why jD needs a technical genius like you. Can you please also pay for the servers and the bandwidth needed to support such a process?

Quote:
I'm using Filesonic free, no accounts. Hasn't been working for months. I see constant complaints in this thread, so I doubt there's anything wrong on my end (also -- MiPony works!)
I already replied to that.

Quote:
As for contributing... These people aren't serious. There is a tutorial for getting started in Eclipse (a piece of crap which I will never touch). There are no instructions in the source code for getting the required libraries in a proper directory structure, let alone building the whole behemoth. There are no other web pages with this information (or at least none that come up in search results or are within browsing reach).

Yeah, I could figure it out, but such lack of proper infrastructure usually indicates unprofessionalism and/or lack of intelligence. The functionality of the product itself, as well as some of the code I've seen, corroborates these suspicions.
They definitely need someone with your experience. You could guide them, define development processes and build a professional team. If you see this as a challenge why not participate? Most programmers are still young and dynamic. Try it and you'll see whether they are able to learn from someone like you.
Old 11.10.2011, 15:40
JD Manager

filesonic knows about the issue but still don't know whats causing it. once i have more information about it or need more information from the users with issues, i will write again
Old 11.10.2011, 18:18
scoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
filesonic knows about the issue but still don't know whats causing it. once i have more information about it or need more information from the users with issues, i will write again
I very strongly suspect that any "freemium" hosting provider is indifferent (or worse) about the educated users who bypass their ad-revenue generating webpages. In any case, the times when JD and filesonic have overlapped were very few in my experience.

@remi:

the statistic you need is "average days when users where unable to download from FSonic" -- not plugin updates intervals. If people complain 4 days and after 11 days the plugin is updated, that means that 11 days people haven't been able to use JD
Old 12.10.2011, 09:11
remi

If you've the data to prove your point, please publish the data so that it can be verified. I've no accounts at all and I haven't had any problems with FSc during the last months.
Old 22.10.2011, 09:42
JD Addict

Default Filesonic plugin outdated

Most likely Filesonic plugin is outdated again because I get the error message "Host offline ?" again and again.

Here's the log:

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/57100

and here's some inaccesible Filesonic links:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank you.
Old 22.10.2011, 09:47
remi

If you can download the files with your browser, something is blocking jD. I recommend to :-

1) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

2) Reduce the Max. Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1. Reset the affected links.
Old 22.10.2011, 09:59
JD Addict

It's strange but now JD can access these links after a couple of "Host offline" messages.

Sorry for disturbing you.
Old 22.10.2011, 10:02
remi

It's possible one of FSc's servers was temporarily off-line. Always test it in your browser as well.
Old 22.10.2011, 12:46
MrHuk

I'm having a problem where my downloads will slow down to like 10kb/s with a few % to go, up until then the speed is fine. The connections drop from 20/20 to 1/20 and the speed plummets, the last few % takes way longer than the rest.

(premium)
Old 22.10.2011, 12:50
remi

I think it's better to use more simultaneous downloads than to use more connections per download because jD has no dynamic chunking.
Old 22.10.2011, 13:01
MrHuk

Quote:
I think it's better to use more simultaneous downloads than to use more connections per download because jD has no dynamic chunking.
Yeah, I've found that helps but the problem is sometimes I just need one file. Will jD ever implement dynamic chunking?
Old 22.10.2011, 13:05
remi

I've the impression that it's their intention, but I've no idea when it'll come.
Old 22.10.2011, 13:10
Community Manager

Dynamic chunking will be implemented but it still needs time!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 22.10.2011, 13:12
Community Manager

Merged filesonic threads!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 23.10.2011, 07:43
hemstock

Default Plugin outdated, try restarting the link Download failed!

I am using nightly with a real-debrid account. Many times while I am downloading some of my downloads just stop and give an error that says.

Plugin outdated, try restarting this link Download failed!

I resume the download but it will not download. I restart JD start the download again, it downloads for a while, then stops, then tries again then stops. Same thing over and over until I get the same error message again and then I can't resume it. This is really annoying. Most of the times this happens just a few MB before the download is completed. 1GB download and I have to restart the download because I can't resume for the last 60mb. Restarting the download is the only way I can restart the download.

Is this just me or is this a common problem.
Thanks in advance.
Old 23.10.2011, 07:49
hemstock

I am using mac connections per file:5 and max downloads 3 if that matters
Old 23.10.2011, 08:34
Freeloader

change max connections to 1 and reset the files then start the downloads
Old 23.10.2011, 08:43
hemstock

Ok I get it but is there any way to do this without losing whatever I downloaded? I just want to resume the file instead of downloading it all over again.
Old 23.10.2011, 10:11
Freeloader

Im sorry but the answer is no, add new links just to make sure everything runs smoothly with 1 connections.
Old 23.10.2011, 12:49
BrunoNew

When i try to download from filesonic i get a message - "Plugin error(out of date)"....please help.
Closed Thread