JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.08.2020, 10:09
JD Fan

Default Manual extract password order

When manual extract it first try to find password and then ask if not found.

But search can be long and waste time if password not found after 20 minutes waiting.

Wo better is: Ask for password before try to find.
Old 04.08.2020, 16:42
Community Manager

I don't see why one should use this.
If you know the password and you're not sure if it is in your list: Why not just add it to your package in beforehand?

If JD would ask you for the password first, it could waste e.g. 2 minutes before searching for the password ion your list.

If JD would ask you for the password AND do the search at the same time, you'd still have this annoying dialog for some seconds/minutes even if JD found the password in your list.

My point is:
This doesn't make sense to me at all.

This might be possible via EventScripter script ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.08.2020, 13:08
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
If you know the password and you're not sure if it is in your list: Why not just add it to your package in beforehand?
Because when manual extract add password to package not possible: You make Tools->Extract files->Open archive. Not can add password. So ask for password is better.
I have told already password find is slow: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...88&postcount=1
So better ask first.
Or start password search but make to open box to enter password while searching. So no time waste.

Last edited by sherbee; 15.08.2020 at 13:18.
Old 15.08.2020, 17:41
English Supporter

if you know it has a password requirement prior to the download, you can set extraction password via right click context, add links dialog, or api command interfaces, or by placing in the extensions password list.

I agree that maybe prompting you first might be useful to you, but also agree with psp use case would be very small demographic. I could see for most people it would be mighty annoying getting prompted first, specially when password is in the list.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 16.08.2020, 08:21
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
if you know it has a password requirement prior to the download, you can set extraction password via right click context, add links dialog, or api command interfaces, or by placing in the extensions password list.

I agree that maybe prompting you first might be useful to you, but also agree with psp use case would be very small demographic. I could see for most people it would be mighty annoying getting prompted first, specially when password is in the list.
Yes, yes. But I talk this manual extract: Tools->Extract files->Open archive for file not in list -> no right click context for archive.
Look: When file in list I can put password there and what it tries first? Given password because always faster to use given password than try all password in list.

But manual extract you make other way round: You try password list first -> takes long even if password found in list, correct? And when no password find then you ask for password. So why not make other way round?
Fastest always use given password.
Slowest always go through whole password list.

It more annoy wait Jdoanwloader finish long password list than little popup at beginning. If popup is with auto close timer, then everbody happy.
Old 16.08.2020, 08:39
English Supporter

I wasn't saying no, or agreeing to either of you, just from the point of view of each (you and psp) it has merit.

In respects to manual extract, I know some don't auto extract whilst downloading by manually either via right click context, or event scripter. But sure extra option you could link to context menu option or advanced setting if it gets implemented.

In respect to password list, I believe it top to bottom, but there might be most recent used or frequently used also. I can't recall as I dont use extraction extension myself.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.08.2020, 14:22
Community Manager

Either way I don't see this happening any time soon and I've already provided a "workaround" to do this yourself:
EventScripter

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?