JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.07.2021, 09:16
DSL User

Default Twitter Plugin occassionally entire media pages as offline?

So I'm lazy, and JDownloader has been instrumental in helping further my lazy hoarder ways, and with the assistance of a small EventScripter script that mgpai cobbled together for me I was able to convert Twitter posts into a url pointing directly to the account's media page, and the laziness became even more extreme as I no longer had to use notepad++ to mass convert links and then manually paste them into JDownloader, which was fantastic.

But recently, in either an update to JDownloader or to Twitter, or possibly even just the lack of updates for nearly a year to the iOS "MyJD Remote" App (which I know isn't made by y'all, just listing that as a potential reason as well), randomly these converted twitterCOM/<USERNAME>/media links show up as offline, despite being online. Not the individual files inside the /media pages, but the actual whole link itself to /media. This happens for both locked accounts and unlocked accounts.

I am unable to determine what causes it, as it appears to be sporadic and random. Sometimes the whole apparatus works, and sometimes I'm just inundated with offline links, and have to manually re-add them. I turned on debug logging yesterday morning, tested out adding a bunch of links, some of them went through, and about 5 got added to the offline folder, but can not figure out where in the logs to look for either where the handoff between the script went bad, or if the iOS app just pooped out and said list it as offline.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11.07.2021, 07:43
English Supporter

Please upload the log and post the log Id here.
Old 11.07.2021, 12:01
JD Manager

@DeusExBestia: have you added your twitter account to JDownloader?
does this happen random or after specific amount of time? similiar to https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=87857

check again with next update, I've updated plugin to refresh the token. most likely the lifetime of the guest token has been lowered by twitter, causing all the issues
Old 11.07.2021, 20:15
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Please upload the log and post the log Id here.
Which log though? There are several. Not sure which one to be looking in to see where the problem comes from.
Old 11.07.2021, 20:20
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@DeusExBestia: have you added your twitter account to JDownloader?
does this happen random or after specific amount of time? similiar to **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

check again with next update, I've updated plugin to refresh the token. most likely the lifetime of the guest token has been lowered by twitter, causing all the issues
I do have my account set up. I’m not entirely sure when it happens, I tested it out to see if it was after a set amount of time or if it was just random by sending links through the iOS share button then browsing to the link collector page but it doesn’t show what’s in queue, just what it is currently crawling or has already crawled. It looks like after a few links it starts puttering out and labeling links as offline.

I will update the FreeBSD install and see if it happens.

As of 1022 pacific time not seeing an update available for the FreeBSD install. So testing will have to wait.

Last edited by DeusExBestia; 11.07.2021 at 20:22. Reason: Add info.
Old 12.07.2021, 13:35
JD Manager

@DeusExBestia: Does this also happen when you add the link directly and not via iOS MyJD app?
Does the issue persist when you restart JDownloader?

Please create a debug log, enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader. Now wait for issue to happen again and create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post shown logID here
Old 15.07.2021, 10:24
DSL User

Quote:
@DeusExBestia: Does this also happen when you add the link directly and not via iOS MyJD app?
Does the issue persist when you restart JDownloader?

Please create a debug log, enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader. Now wait for issue to happen again and create a log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
and post shown logID here
So, digging through the logs, it looks like in the decrypter it's giving a rate limit exceeded error, (code 88), and that's what is putting the whole /<account>/media link into the offline package thing all by its lonesome.
Old 15.07.2021, 12:44
JD Manager

Can you provide a log for this error? then we can check/try to auto handle it
Old 20.07.2021, 20:38
DSL User

Quote:
Can you provide a log for this error? then we can check/try to auto handle it
Sorry for the delay, it was my birthday this Sunday so I was trying to get everything in order and then recover for a few days from all the fun.

I do believe this should be the log

Code:
jdlog://9615825302851
I did my best to ensure that once I was able to get it to dump everything into the /offline package I didn't add anything else to this headless install.
Old 21.07.2021, 16:35
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExBestia View Post
Sorry for the delay, it was my birthday this Sunday so I was trying to get everything in order and then recover for a few days from all the fun.
Belated best wishes

Quote:
I did my best to ensure that once I was able to get it to dump everything into the /offline package I didn't add anything else to this headless install.
Your log shows you running into one of twitters rate-limits:
Code:
{"errors":[{"message":"Rate limit exceeded","code":88}]}
This is quite rare but it can happen if you keep adding URLs.
Possible workarounds:
- Try again later
- Get a new IP and try again
- Add less URLs --> Wait in between

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 21.07.2021, 17:35
Community Manager

After our next twitter plugin update, you'll see a more exact errormessage in the dummy item that gets added to the linkgrabber if an error occurs.

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 23.07.2021, 09:06
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
After our next twitter plugin update, you'll see a more exact errormessage in the dummy item that gets added to the linkgrabber if an error occurs.
-psp-
Is there a way to set it up so it's delayed, or counts until the rate limit is reached and then waits until it is cleaned? Like, I know the Furaffinity plugin doesn't have this issue, at least not that I've seen, yet.

Also, in curiousness, does the rate limit count against pictures I've already downloaded? Like it counts just for crawling? So if I have an account that had 800 media files last time I added them, and this time they have 80 new media files on top of that same old 800, will i hit 880 on the rate limit or just the 80?
Old 23.07.2021, 10:29
JD Manager

DeusExBestia: with latest update JDownloader has set request limits.

Only twitter knows about the rate limit. Most often the number of requests in time x is checked,so let's see if the new request limit helps.
Old 23.07.2021, 13:58
Community Manager

Quote:
Also, in curiousness, does the rate limit count against pictures I've already downloaded? Like it counts just for crawling? So if I have an account that had 800 media files last time I added them, and this time they have 80 new media files on top of that same old 800, will i hit 880 on the rate limit or just the 80?
You can do some research on this topic but in the end it is just like Jiaz wrote: Only twitter knows about their rate-limits and there is no reason to expose them 100%.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.07.2021, 08:28
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
You can do some research on this topic but in the end it is just like Jiaz wrote: Only twitter knows about their rate-limits and there is no reason to expose them 100%.

-psp-
Quote:
DeusExBestia: with latest update JDownloader has set request limits.

Only twitter knows about the rate limit. Most often the number of requests in time x is checked,so let's see if the new request limit helps.
Thank you both of you for your answers and your hard work.
Old 26.07.2021, 13:23
JD Manager

@DeusExBestia: Please test and provide feedback if the new added requested limits do help
Old 04.08.2021, 09:39
DSL User

Quote:
@DeusExBestia: Please test and provide feedback if the new added requested limits do help
So, I've given it about a week or so of testing. I now get packages in the download section labeled "Content offline!Rate limit exceeded" with the only item in the package being an item of the same name, which I can get the link to the account/media page I was trying to crawl.

Still can't determine exactly HOW MANY accounts to crawl is too many, but eventually I'll figure it out I guess.
Old 04.08.2021, 11:47
JD Manager

@DeusExBestia: those "Rate limit exceeded" links should remain in Linkgrabber section and you can retry(continue) them later via rightclick context menu
I will increase the request limits little more, maybe it helps
Old 10.08.2021, 17:38
DSL User

Quote:
@DeusExBestia: those "Rate limit exceeded" links should remain in Linkgrabber section and you can retry(continue) them later via rightclick context menu
I will increase the request limits little more, maybe it helps
So, I have a packagizer set up to automatically organize sources into their own folders, because why not? The packagizer setup also has auto start enabled, so unfortunately instead of leaving the content rate limited links I’ve sent in the link grabber queue to restart later, it puts them in the downloader queue with an error saying the file is offline. I’m not near my desktop so I can’t adjust the packagizer settings in the JDownloader client proper and export them for the headless unit.

Is there an error correction setting so it would start ones that are good to go and hold ones that are not? Like it automatically doesn’t add links that were already downloaded before?
Old 10.08.2021, 18:14
Community Manager

I did read and understand your post but a screenshot of your rule or your rule exported would be good.

I guess you could simply enable "is online" as condition to filter out failed crawler-dummy URLs.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: