JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 20.07.2010, 20:45
RockinJD

Default Flashgot 1.2.1.27 Breaks some stuff :)

Just got auto-upgraded to 1.2.1.27 of Flashgot and Fileserv links are now treated as DH (Direct HTTP).

I downgraded to 1.2.0.7 and it works correctly.

Not sure who/where/when to report this.

RockinJD

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.08.2010 at 16:47.
Old 21.07.2010, 10:25
JD English Support (inactive)

This should be fixed. If it is not in the current plugin upgrade, it will be in the next (I saw the changes). You may have to enable the Browser interface again to get the corrected code loaded into FireFox.

Moving to General Bugreport.
Old 21.07.2010, 16:30
RockinJD

Holy Cow that's quick!.

It'll be a sad day when some global company snatches up all the JD devs.. :(

RockinJD
Old 22.07.2010, 11:17
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJD View Post
It'll be a sad day when some global company snatches up all the JD devs.. :(
This won't happen as long as these people prefer to have fun, want to be proud of what they achieved and enjoy their lives.
Old 22.07.2010, 12:15
JD English Support (inactive)

@ remi,
Remember that almost all of the developers on this project are college students. They will want full-time jobs when they graduate. They will find significant others and possibly have children to take care of.

JD is just a hobby to most of the developers. Many of them will not have time for a hobby in the future.

Companies rarely snatch up the entire team of an open source company, because the retraining is extensive.
Old 22.07.2010, 15:05
remi

I don't see any difference between student volunteers and non-student volunteers, except for their experience.

There are people who have more hobbies after their studies than during their studies. Some students need to work for paying their studies. They have no time for hobbies.

There are people who study during their entire life. If you never heard of them, well, then I'm one of them. I happen to have many more hobbies than this one.

It all depends on good time management and the number of hours you need to sleep in one day (for humans this varies between 5 and 11 hours; I've observed that Jiaz doesn't need much sleep).
A week counts 168 hours. Most people don't work more than 40 hours a week (the legal working hours in France is 35). Humans need on average 7.75 hours of sleep per day (source : "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**). This means that average people with a job have an average of 74 hours of 'free' time per week (the French have more).
This means that 'working' people have 27,010 3,848 hours of free time in one year.

I didn't take into account :-

- the bank and regular holidays that some people use to lay on the beach.
- the hobbies that most people exercise during the office hours
- the 'free' time that the million people currently working for the CIA and similar services have
- people working for all levels of governments .... (no comment here, because Neo-Communists might react violently)
- teachers get several months of holidays
- etc.

The trend towards more and more free time is increasing all over the world, because machines and computers are taking over the dirty and annoying jobs.

Last edited by remi; 05.08.2010 at 11:02. Reason: saw a 'small' calculation error (days instead of weeks), the amount of free time stays huge
Old 22.07.2010, 16:51
RockinJD

I meant my comment in a semi sarcastic way. I realize, not everyone will be snatched up. Devs come and Devs go. Some will have more or less time to devote to JD. That is the pure essence of open source, and the primary reason I choose JD over the other 15 or so programs out there.

If all the devs are busy, and something is critically broke, anyone can take a peak at the source, compare it to a previous problem, see what was done to fix it, and if they have any programming knowledge at all, can probably fix it or make a work around.

I would also assume that JD is a passion and hobby for the majority of devs, so even when they do get a 9 to 5, they'll still be putting in plenty of time on JD, after all it's a lot easier to work on an Open Source project at work than at school

RockinJD
Old 04.08.2010, 10:41
JD Manager

is the problem with flashgot fixed? if not please provide example linkss
Old 04.08.2010, 16:37
RockinJD

Working perfect with Flashgot 1.2.1.27 and the new 1.2.1.29 and it is LIGHTNING quick too!

Thanks!
RockniJD