JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.04.2024, 12:37
I will play nice!

Default unRAID: Restored backup, but accounts are missing

Hi,
I'm, running JD2 on UnRAID, but I had some corruption issues, so I needed to restore a backup. When I came back to JD2, my download list and link grabber where all there, but my accounts list was empty.

I tried opening up the "org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs" file that was in my cfg folder, but it didn't add any accounts. I also tried checking some backups I had made with JD2 itself, but there was no "org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs" file inside the backup at all!

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Old 04.04.2024, 13:08
JD Manager

@fireaza: How did you create those backups? JDownloader Backups will create zip of the whole cfg folder and not exclude such file, maybe you have overlooked it.
Old 05.04.2024, 03:34
I will play nice!

The unRAID backup was done using an unRAID app called
Backup/Restore Appdata. But the other backups I made in JD2 itself. But as you can see, there's no "org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs" file in the zip, both the manual backups are like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	10842

I've noticed that JD2 seems to hang when I try to open the accounts.ejs that is in my cfg folder, could it be corrupt but maybe recoverable?
Old 07.04.2024, 13:11
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireaza View Post
I've noticed that JD2 seems to hang when I try to open the accounts.ejs that is in my cfg folder, could it be corrupt but maybe recoverable?
Send to support@jdownloader.org and we can try to rescue/restore it
Old 07.04.2024, 13:12
JD Manager

Quote:
But the other backups I made in JD2 itself. But as you can see, there's no "org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs" file in the zip, both the manual backups are like this:
That is very strange. Could you please test if that file is still missing when you do a fresh backup now?
Old 10.04.2024, 07:19
I will play nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Send to support@jdownloader.org and we can try to rescue/restore it
Done!
Old 10.04.2024, 07:22
I will play nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
That is very strange. Could you please test if that file is still missing when you do a fresh backup now?
OK, I've made another backup using JD2, and the file is still missing org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs:

Spoiler:

Either something is happening that's causing it to not show up when opened in Nanazip, or something has gone wrong with my install of JD2. That might explain why both the unRAID backup program wasn't able to restore the accounts and why the backups JD2 makes are missing the file.

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 10.04.2024 at 13:36. Reason: Added SPOILER tag for screenshot
Old 10.04.2024, 10:37
JD Manager

That is very very strange. Maybe check filesystem, maybe some issues that prevent read/write of the file and thus missing in the backup.
I would recommend to try the following. delete the .ejs file and let JDownloader create it and add accounts and then create backup and check if it's part of the backup file. My idea is that maybe the .ejs file has wrong owner/permission and that crashes the backup/account loading

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.04.2024 at 11:43.
Old 11.04.2024, 06:40
I will play nice!

AH-HA! Deleting org.jdownloader.settings.AccountSettings.accounts.ejs, then letting JD2 make a new one, has resulted in backups that include this file! It seems like some kind of permission problem? How would this have happened? From importing accounts? How would I solve this if I want to import accounts again?
Old 11.04.2024, 10:30
JD Manager

@fireaza: Thanks for the feedback. Can't tell if this is really permission issue or maybe sort of damaged file on disk/filesystem.
Quote:
I'm, running JD2 on UnRAID, but I had some corruption issues
maybe due to damaged filesystem.
permission, this only can happen if you manually mess with the files, for example copy/restore/move files and are different user (eg root) than the JDownloader running user. In case you still have a valid (not empty/small) .ejs file, then restore the file and make sure that ownership matches the user of the rest of the cfg files.
Old 12.04.2024, 06:11
I will play nice!

If I imported an accounts file that was copied from my Windows machine, could that cause these kinds of problems?
Old 13.04.2024, 12:25
JD Manager

@fireaza: the file doesn't matter, but if you copy it and file owner (your current owner) is wrong (for example root) or you did not change permissions so JDownloader can open/edit the file, then yes. when copy over something, always take care/check for correct ownership/permission
Old 14.04.2024, 04:36
I will play nice!

I actually ran into a similar problem when I copied and pasted my file list from a different install using Windows. JD2 was unable to replace the existing download list and download list backups with newer ones. So when I had a crash, all of my automatic file list backups were from when I first restored the file list. It seems that simply copying and pasting directly into JD2 cfg files creates permission problems.
Old 14.04.2024, 13:24
JD Manager

Quote:
It seems that simply copying and pasting directly into JD2 cfg files creates permission problems.
No it does not, but you always have to make sure that the filer owner is the same as the user that runs JDownloader process or make it read/writeable for the group of user that runs JDownloader process. It's the same with every application/file and has nothing to do with JDownloader. When process runs as normal user but file belongs to root, then normal user iwll not be able to read/write/delete the file when permissions are not correct. so easiest solution, after copying files, make sure to run chown -R user:group /JD2folder and replace user/group/path with correct values