JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.06.2022, 17:17
JD VIP

Default Issue with filtered links in LinkGrabber

After grabbing links you see, that x links have been filtered. You can choose to have those links being displayed, but nothing happens.

Before I provide logs, whatsoever…
Could you please explain what the expected behavior should be and which criteria lead to filtering (such as duplicate links).

Maybe my interpretration/expectation is not correct.
Old 02.06.2022, 18:23
JD Manager

@StefanM:
The number disabled in front of a quick filter means how many links are *matching* this condition/filter in the current setup of filters

When you check(to make them visible) then please know that they still may not show up due to other filters still filtering them out.

Last edited by Jiaz; 02.06.2022 at 18:27.
Old 02.06.2022, 18:24
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanM View Post
such as duplicate links
Do you mean *Already in Downloadlist*? If so, this view/filter means that a link is already in Downloads
Old 02.06.2022, 18:26
JD Manager

Settings->Linkgrabber Filter->
Filter: do not process/add links to Linkgrabber that match any of the rules (except there is a matching View filter)
Views: provide quick on/off filtering of links in Linkgrabebr that match any of the rules
Old 02.06.2022, 18:28
JD Manager

In case you've got more questions about this,please just ask
Old 02.06.2022, 19:19
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
In case you've got more questions about this,please just ask
Not sure, if I explained it good enough:

At the end or during LinkGrabber is grabbing, you get a popup window showing you the grabbing process (number of files grabbed so far) and next to that figure there is a funnel, and next to that you see the number of filtered links.

Now, I would like to see what has been filtered. And no matter if there are other filters active or not:
When I click to make them visible, there is no change.
I don't see any additional links. Only the number of filtered links is reset to zero.

Last edited by StefanM; 02.06.2022 at 19:57.
Old 02.06.2022, 19:28
JD Manager

@StefanM: That is not supported.
Filtered links are *filtered* and either will go into the lower bottom "Restore" button (default on, Settings->Advanced Settings->LinkgrabberSettings.restorebuttonenabled)(allows you to restore/add them later on) or are gone for good.

An idea would be to also add the *filtered* links as normal links into the Linkgrabber and just mark them as filtered,
similiar to those *dummy* entries when a plugin error occurs

Old 02.06.2022, 19:29
JD Manager

Quote:
When I click to make them visible, there is no change.
I don't see any additional links. Only the number of filtered links is reset to zero.
can you provide a screenshot of what you mean? the right quickfilter settings in Linkgrabber, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...84&postcount=2
Old 02.06.2022, 20:01
JD VIP

Quote:
can you provide a screenshot of what you mean? the right quickfilter settings in Linkgrabber, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Yes I will do that tomorrow.

And I made a mistake:
Actually, I was referring to the "Restore" button.
And when I click on that button, the number of 'filtered links' is reset to zero.
But I still don't see any files that were restored.

That was the problem, I actually wanted to report.
Sorry about the confusion...
Old 03.06.2022, 13:14
Community Manager

Quote:
And when I click on that button, the number of 'filtered links' is reset to zero.
But I still don't see any files that were restored.
@Jiaz
We've just recently talked about this.
In the other case this happened because the filtered entries were folderwatch jobs(?) so upon "restore" nothing appeared in the linkgrabber which can be distracting.

Also, wouldn't it be more consistent to simply add another view for filtered items instead of the "restore" button?
Though I guess there is a reason why it has been done like that...

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 03.06.2022 at 13:27.
Old 03.06.2022, 13:19
JD Manager

I will read/answer, no time yet
Old 03.06.2022, 16:34
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@Jiaz
Also, wouldn't it be more consistent to simply add another view for filtered items instead of the "restore" button?
That would be much better :-)
Old 03.06.2022, 17:01
Community Manager

That said there must be a reason why it hasn't yet been done like that.
I've added this information/idea to our internal ticket.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.06.2022, 20:16
JD Manager

Quote:
I will read/answer, no time yet
I will read/answer asap
Old 04.06.2022, 11:38
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
That said there must be a reason why it hasn't yet been done like that.
I've added this information/idea to our internal ticket.
Additional information

1. The restore feature and the automatic filtering that comes along with it - when not used directly after crawling has finished, i.e. before any other action - will lead to automatic deletion of those dupes. If this is the intention, that feature at least shouldn't be active by default.

2. As already reported, dupes among links in the LinkGrabber pane are not being treated the same way as dupes in the Download pane.

3. One reason - as you already assumed - why filtered links do not show up after restoration, can be other active filters. (Had this case myself)
Old 11.06.2022, 08:40
JD Manager

Quote:
Additional information

1. The restore feature and the automatic filtering that comes along with it - when not used directly after crawling has finished, i.e. before any other action - will lead to automatic deletion of those dupes. If this is the intention, that feature at least shouldn't be active by default.
The restore button is enabled by default so ppl can see that their setup filter rules actually have filtered some links. Elsethey just wonder why nothing is showing up in list.
The links *behind* restore button are NOT stored across sessions and that's intended behaviour.
Quote:
before any other action - will lead to automatic deletion of those dupes.
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean 1.) enable filter -> add link -> link is filtered to restore button 2.) disable filter -> add link -> doesn't show up because it's already in restore button? if so, yes this is a bug. If you mean something else, please explain better
Old 11.06.2022, 08:44
JD Manager

Quote:
2. As already reported, dupes among links in the LinkGrabber pane are not being treated the same way as dupes in the Download pane.
What do you mean? Please explain. In Linkgrabber it's not possible to add the same link multiple times by default (can be disabled). Whereas in Download pane there is no dupe handling at all. You can add the same link multiple times, as often as you like.

Quote:
3. One reason - as you already assumed - why filtered links do not show up after restoration, can be other active filters. (Had this case myself)
The number on the restore button just means that that many links were filtered. But when you hit restore button, then those links will be processed and ONLY added if they are not already part of Linkgrabber (dupe check) and if they are actual supported! That means you can setup a filter that will also match on unsupported links that JDownloader as the filter also is applied at stages before JDownloader does even know if it can handle the link. So the added filtered link in restore just means there is a link you've added that got filtered. It does NOT mean that when you restore it, that there will be a link added to list. Another reason can be that you've added a folder/shortener link that contains no links/does not lead to any other link.

Quote:
can be other active filters. (Had this case myself)
No it can't. When restoring links, they are no longer checked against your filter rules because you actual want to *restore* them. The whole process of filtering does not happen again else you would have to restore it again and again and again, depending on how many filters do match on the link.

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.06.2022 at 08:49.
Old 11.06.2022, 12:59
English Supporter

Would it be an idea to have an additional window to see whats behind the restored button? and which filter it matched against (first or all matches), kinda like the test button within rule creation? So you don't actually have to restore ALL behind it, to see whats actively there. Then a function to retrieve desired (selected) links from that window or all button pull them out?

Why I propose this, is specially from (heavy) users who crawl multiple links(jobs) concurrently or basically scrape large components of websites which then return subsequent links(jobs), curiosity to see whats behind filtered links vs restoring in actual linkgrabber then having manually remove them post is annoying! Or the easier method deleting all links, and re-adding all jobs.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.06.2022, 13:31
JD Manager

@raztoki: instead of making the restore button more complex,eg showing the links *behind it*, I would prefer to include the *filtered* links as dummy within the list, so you can see/work with them directly (eg delete, or retry without filter or keep for later (now part of the list)). similar to the *linkcrawlerretry* links. that way the dummy link could show which rule matched (eg in comment) and easier to see what got filtered

your opinion on this? of course an additional window would be possible but just putting them into the list with all others, you can better work with them, eg quickfilter on right side or move/retry/delete/keep.
Old 11.06.2022, 17:40
English Supporter

Guess there are pros and cons to everything in life and this program isn't going to escape that!

One of the only issues is with power users, they can have hundreds of thousands of links already within linkgrabber, "finding them" would/could be needle in hay stack situation (like it is now) if you hit that restore function. If you design it with that in mind, making it easy would be nice.

I assumed clicking a button & new window appears as its fast and current design doesn't have to change, peoples custom UI layouts still work. You can quickly and efficiently see the results either 'select, restore, clear, close' with ease. Should be quick to implement in the scheme of things. The tables/gui already exists within test functions in package customer && linkfilter, just don't have to run jobs, just display exisiting data held in memory. One would need to store which rule it matched against and also display that data, based on my previous post.

With a customs views filter; would this require you to deselect all view checkboxes && select 'restore' views rule? As in just show the filtered results.
If you just wanted to view filtered links within linkgrabber and/or apply additional view rules it would be nice, and very powerful overlay. The main downside to this would be additional rules hiding results, thus requiring users to disable multiple rules (if they exist), and an additional minor issue could be the support requirement this would cause (say very minor). Personally I see with long lists one would need to scroll and toggle the checkbox to identify if you didn't have like a colour identifier behind the filtered view, else how would you know, without toggling checkboxes while scrolling.

or do we have a different state, and include all links again! and like offline or dupes, they just don't add to the downloadlist unless user interaction (ask window) or user default actions (remembered state). Different colour shading in table view do easily can be identified.

or offline package equivalent, then the DownloadLinks wouldn't be within there proper packages etc. (early day JD design)

those are the current frame works we are using currently to previously from current JD2 back to older versions

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.06.2022, 23:48
JD VIP

Hi JD team,

Filtered links are not showing up as 'clear filtered links' in Linkgrabber anymore (since a few updates ago). I have set rule in linkgrabber filter as: downloadURL contains .*\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif) and it used to collect into filtered links before a few days ago.
Log: 19.06.22 02.08.35 <--> 19.06.22 02.13.32 jdlog://5001035302851/

Please have a look.

Regards.
Old 19.06.2022, 10:24
JD Manager

@reddevil: Thank you so much for the report. Issue was caused by a recent change of mine and only happens in filtered situation. will be fixed with next core update later today
Old 19.06.2022, 15:27
JD VIP

@Jiaz, it's fixed now, Thanks.
Old 19.06.2022, 17:18
JD Manager

@reddevil: Thanks for the feedback and thank you for the report