JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 23.11.2009, 06:09
JD English Support (inactive)

Default Passwords don't work if they are Uppercase

I have only tried this on Windows XP, so I do not know if it also affects Mac OS, Mac OSX, or *n*x systems.

The password that JD sends to unrar is incorrect when the password contains other than lower case alphanumeric characters (or a limited set of special characters, such as periods). So, passwords containing upper case letters do not decrypt the archive (and JD goes to through the password list). In addition characters like hyphens also are not passed correctly.

Examples:
The password for the Gillian Archives (a collection of over 500 links to files containing science fiction books) is Gillian. Unrar works fine with this when used manually, but JD cannot unrar any of these archives.

Passwords like **External links are only visible to Support Staff**www.thesharingplace.net work fine.

Passwords like file-source do not work.

Workaround:
Do not specify Extract for packages with these passwords. Use mass extraction in Windows (select the collection of files and use izArc, L7zip, or WinMerge to decrypt all of the selected files with one command) or a script (find in unix/linix) to enumerate the files and decrypt them.

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.11.2009 at 11:16.
Old 23.11.2009, 11:16
JD Manager

how about logfile and example links(with password please)?
Old 24.07.2010, 02:10
nitesurf

I use Nightly with Vista OS and the same issue happens to me. I unrar the files using another prog and it extracts fine. The logfile doesn't say much after password request portion but you see the error only in the status column. Logfile is as follows:

------------------------ Thread: 237 -----------------------
237 7/24/10 7:10:29 AM - FINEST [jd.plugins.optional.jdunrar.UnrarWrapper(open)] ->
UNRAR 3.80 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2008 Alexander Roshal

Archive compilation3.rar

Pathname/Comment
Size Packed Ratio Date Time Attr CRC Meth Ver
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*compilation3.mp4
90425843 90332160 99% 10-08-09 23:13 .....A. CC1A545C m3g 2.9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 90425843 90332160 99%

Enter password (will not be echoed):
Old 24.07.2010, 07:41

The issue turned out to be a problem with my JDownloader settings. The version of Unrar that was being used was old. The log scrap you have included looks correct, but it is from the end of a long session.

Please read the log uploading instructions linked to in my signature.

Please collect some links and generate a log with just those links (set the links to high priority, set the Maximum Downloads to 1). Then please post the links and upload the log.

Thank you,
drbits
Old 24.07.2010, 17:04
nitesurf

Default Uppercase password won't work issue.

The original log of the extact error during its inception was far lost in the logfile much earlier ago and I may have erased it when I restarted my Nightly. If only Jd had a text search or find menu option, it would have been much easier to look for the original error log thread. So instead I manually extracted the file using the Jd menu and hence, only got the short log as per my earlier post above. The thread above this log scrap seems to be unrelated so I didn't post it. To recreate the original anew per your suggestion, I will have to download a similar file whose decrypt password uses an uppercase or other special character and then upload the logfile after the error shows again. To do this I will have to interrupt the current downloads I'm doing which I can't do just yet because for some of the other non-premium host servers, I will have to wait a very long time or download the file from the beginning if I want to restart the process again. But my question is really simple. Is there a fix or update for this problem already or not?
Old 25.07.2010, 09:04

As I said, we have only found false alarms. There are some special characters that are not handled well (and Unicode is not handled correctly). It is a little better in Nightly, and an update is expected to be included in the next release (that handles unicode).