Closed Thread

Old 06.02.2013, 03:42
JD Addict

Default Im very disappointed with jd2

some JD team told me to use JD2 to improve stored much effective
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44811

jd2 log
jdlog://1360114490988

im already download 80% of filesize, but you see now, JD2 still download from begin
im just upload 2 picture, ALL OF MY DOWNLOAD IS STARTING FROM BEGIN AGAIN

THIS IS JD2 YOU SAY IS BETTER MORE EFFECTIVE ???
yes, its better SUCKS and so damn
IM NEVER NEVER AND EVER USE ANY JDOWNLOADER WITH DIRECT LINK
GOOD BYE JD ,you are SO SUCKS WITH DIRECT LINK

Last edited by thecupu; 06.02.2013 at 03:44.
Old 06.02.2013, 07:24
English Supporter

Your network looks mighty unstable, so many socket related errors. Along with DNS lookup issues, probably due to network instability. Are you using over wireless, and if so is the link often saturated, wireless connection strength weak? Is your internet connection saturated, do you have enough bandwidth available for the chunk connections (8).

direct links will behave nearly exactly the same in each version of JDownloader, the only difference with version two is it can detect when chunking isn't possible and use 1 chunk and no resume before failing. The directhttp plugin has been written so that if it fails x times when chunking it will reset with 1 chunk and try downloading again.

My advice is, make sure your network is stable, make sure your firewall and antivirus software isn't interfering with JDownloader.exe java.exe javaw.exe, do not use more total connections than your internet / wireless can handle. Please keep in mind max chunks * max dl = total download connections.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.02.2013, 12:28
JD Addict

i dont talk about chunk ,lets talk about chunk later, the main problem is not about chunk

the main problem is why im always download from begin?
im already download 1 GB each link and i must download from begin? ARE YOU KIDDING ??

JD team already TOLD ME to USE JD2 he say more effective and save download information more quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
For JD1 (Stable) progress is stored in the database at the certain time intervals (10 minutes if I remember correctly or each time when the new files are added to the Downloads). Because of the power failure, the last stored progress was 581 MB so the JD resumes at this point. JD can't read progress from the filesize on the disk, because it will be impossible for downloading with multichunks (many parts for 1 file).
Try JD2 Beta - it stores progress much effective.
Quote:
Probably not possible, because as I said before it require changes in the JD1 core engine.
And JD2 doesn't use database anymore so probably devs won't make such an option in the previous version.

Note that not all the hosting services allow to resume.
If I remember correctly the database was saved when new file was added to the Downloads or every 10 minutes or some setting were changed. Not sure
if stoping downloads also saves database (it is possible) - sorry I'm no longer using old JD1...
and what happen now? IM STILL GOT SAME PROBLEM AND STILL DOWNLOADING FROM BEGIN AFTER DOWNLOAD AROUND 2-3 GB?

NETWORK IS UNSTABLE ??
I DONT CARE ABOUT UNSTABLE OR NOT,CHUNK,FIREWALL,BANDWIDTH
AND I DONT USE ANY ANTIVIRUS OR FIREWALL SYSTEM, MY WINDOWS XP FIREWALL ALSO DISABLE

IM ASKING ABOUT
"WHY IM STARTING DOWNLOADING FROM BEGIN AGAIN"?
and you tell me JD2 more effective ?

Last edited by thecupu; 06.02.2013 at 12:36.
Old 06.02.2013, 13:41
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
Note that not all the hosting services allow to resume.
Have you tested the same Download, in the browser? Did the Host allow reume? Test it in the Browser, stop Download and try resume.
Old 06.02.2013, 17:09
JD Addict

YES, thats apple website
and that link is for IOS (ipad/iphone operating system) and also direct link
and can resume

im not newbie in computer sir

here that link, test it our self
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Quote:
Also note, no matter what resume or not, starting download from begin but file that has been downloaded is still not reset from begin its a problem or BUG

If can't resume ,when trying to downloading again JD will reset a link and that file that has been downloaded also reset too

and this problem, this is a direct link, also can resume ,but why im must downloading from begin again and my file on harddisk didnt reset ?
JD team say JD2 its better and doesn't need database again and more affective to save information about download

i think problem with current JDownloader (JD1) is still same with JD2, there is no fixed or something about this problem

also i want to correct about statement which say
Quote:
For JD1 (Stable) progress is stored in the database at the certain time intervals (10 minutes if I remember correctly or each time when the new files are added to the Downloads). Because of the power failure, the last stored progress was 581 MB so the JD resumes at this point. JD can't read progress from the filesize on the disk, because it will be impossible for downloading with multichunks (many parts for 1 file).
Try JD2 Beta - it stores progress much effective.
there is IDM that can resume with multichunks no matter problem when i stop download manually ,IDM can resume quickly (of course JD can do it too)

but if i force stop download (like instantly reset PC ) , IDM will checking again file that has been downloaded ( this is may take several minute) and resume in at last download, NOT LAST SAVE DATABASE (this is JD CANT DO IT AND THIS IS MAIN PROBLEM)

Last edited by thecupu; 06.02.2013 at 17:30.
Old 06.02.2013, 22:04
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
im not newbie in computer sir
I dont know, if you are newbie or not. So i Wrot for a newbie.
I have downloaded your Link, and i have no Problems...

I have dactivated the Download, and later i activated it > click on play, and it goes...
Old 07.02.2013, 00:34
Polish Supporter

Your Net is overloaded - so many connection losts and read errors in the logs,
also IP check and update can't connect to the update server.
JD tries to resume and can't connect to hoster ("Could not resolv appldnld.apple.com" and then "Link is no longer available" errors) and then: " The directhttp plugin has been written so that if it fails x times when chunking it will reset with 1 chunk and try downloading again." (as already raztoki wrote).

I've tried to download one of your files (iPod4,1_6.1_10B144_Restore.ipsw), killed JD2 process when about 26% was downloaded (6 chunks) and after starting again, JD2 continues to download from last savepoint (about 25% - progress is stored in about one minute intervals) - so YES - JD2 is more effective then JD1 - you're wrong with your opinion in post #5.

I would rather search what is killing your connections so many times - maybe some torrents in your network?

Last edited by editestowy; 07.02.2013 at 00:47.
Old 07.02.2013, 04:40
JD Addict

my internet is "down" at night, when i wake up, JD2 just download around 50BM but in my HD is downloaded around 1 GB

Quote:
JD tries to resume and can't connect to hoster ("Could not resolv appldnld.apple.com" and then "Link is no longer available" errors) and then: " The directhttp plugin has been written so that if it fails x times when chunking it will reset with 1 chunk and try downloading again." (as already raztoki wrote).
so thats true, JD is only good work if you have good internet, if you poor internet ,do not use JD2 if you do no want to download from begin again

i think i wrong understand between "more effective" and problem is already fix it
improve interval time save database is not fix it, it just IMPROVE IT

i not promote other download tool, but i believe many download tool is already FIX the problem
no matter what problem like network issue,firewall, chunk or what, im never meet the problem before,
only with JD

i using IDM is around 5 years and im not have any problem with direct httplink

maybe i waiting again for JD3 or until JD10, until JD team says "the problem is already FIX it, not about improving anymore"

Last edited by thecupu; 07.02.2013 at 05:25.
Old 07.02.2013, 06:45
English Supporter

I explained the reasons behind the issue, if you don't want to listen to advice, why continue?. It's mentioned on the forum multiple times that, that if you have a unstable connection or inadequate bandwidth available for high volume chunking, connections will drop and this is nothing new. Hence my answer: drop the amount of chunks used and you can reduces the risk. If your network just too unstable/unreliable try another download manager. Though you already seem to be doing that.

Thread closed

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 07.02.2013 at 06:49.
Closed Thread