JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.06.2010, 09:40
dbiceberg

Lightbulb New ideas from an INDIAN

Hii JD Dev's, first up all my hearty congrats to the JD dev's for developing such an incredible equipment for internet squeezers.

1. Auto Disable of Links/Packages
--------------------------------------------------

We all know there are only just two Download managers which can simply download anything from web. Thats JDownloader & Universal Share Downloader.
I have been using USD before i stumbled on JD and JD is alot alot alot better than USD because USD's last update and my Dad&womangot married on the same year and JD supports almost all hosters on PLANET EARTH

OK. Let me come to the point, i am from india and we have free unlimited usage offer at night (2.00 - 8.00) and i just runs JD and just jumps to bed and on morning i would like to see FINISHED DOWNLOADING
and the problem is if internet disconnects for a short while, without realising this JD just tries to download and considers links as defective and JD just keeps on disabling links one by one until INTERNET RECONNECTS. SO to regain downloading i have to right click the auto disabled links(almost all) enable it (just enabling isn't enough coz it is still in red color) and resume or reset it.
As i would be sleeping by these nasty moments and as i dont have a guardian angel to do it for me at midnight
So wat do i see on morning, JD is full of RED COLOUR.

There comes the dependability of USD praised. USD NEVER disables links

So might I respectfully suggest that JD need a button to Activate/Deactivate Auto Disable of Links on error and when deactivated defective links should be retried after a specific time(user changeable)

2. Captcha Zoom
-------------------------

I just love the way JD prompts for Captcha and i would love to see two small buttons which can be used to zoom captcha and reload another captcha in case sometime captchas need hours of Forensic Investigation to identify what are the letters present in the captcha

3. JD Force End

-------------------------

I would like to see JD gets implemented a feature to close JD forecefully because sometime JD can never be closed and if we use process killer to close it the links and packages which we have added on the last session is GONE FOREVER. So i would like to throw an idea to the respective developers that JD should have an option to autosave its loaded links

It would be appreciable if JD have an option to save its loaded links to more readable backup file [user can choose in between readable or encrypted format ]. Because users like me takes a backup of the links periodically and after months we just gets confused which is latest backup, so easily readable format is demanded in such conditions

PS: ALL THE STATEMENTS GIVEN ABOVE ARE REQUESTz & THEY ARENT ORDERS
Coz we DONT Hire You . I Just tried to help you with my ideas and i respectfully suggested, thats all

Yours Lovingly and Respectfully --=(Spike.db)=-- daedal.bafflers

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.07.2011 at 09:41.
Old 30.06.2010, 11:36
remi

Cool

LOL, you're a funny guy. I liked reading your post. If all posts would be like yours it would be a constant joy.

You're right. I think many customers have had issues with this. Based on what I've been reading on these forums this "automatic retry" feature seems to be difficult to implement in the current download engine. There is some limited functionality for temporary disconnects, but this of course does not cover all types of exceptions.

2. Captcha Zoom

Making the captcha windows bigger has been asked before and I think it was implemented.
There might exist a feature in your OS or an application that zooms in on screen estate. I saw it years ago on a Mac.

The captchas can sometimes be difficult to decipher. When you couldn't guess what was shown, jD just sends you another captcha for the same link.

3. JD Force End

I found "prob in reconnecting with server" that might have an answer to some of your questions. Post #7 in particular might offer you an answer to saving jD's state.

Your OS should know the creation date of every Backup file. Just sort them in your file explorer.

You can obtain links in text format when you use the Copy URL function.

Last edited by remi; 30.06.2010 at 11:38. Reason: typos
Old 30.06.2010, 19:22
dbiceberg

Lightbulb !dea from an INDiAN

Thanx Remi 4 ur warm and nimble reply , but still i am lil bit frustrated

--------------------------------
:attention: I don't understand why its impossible to implement such a small feature.
Which one is more easy, to automatically disable links on disconnection or just being mindless to that (internet connection status)

I would also coin a question that if its possible to automatically disable links on disconnection, ISN't it possible to halt that particular routine for a while,
I hope u understood wat i am pointing at

May be i believe its possible because i am a simple DUNCE in JAVA programming field

2. Captcha Zoom & Reload
--------------------------

Yeah, i know that hero, but we have to wait until JD realizes that i went DIZZY coz of that freaky CAPTCHA and countdown BANGS 0 and shows another Captcha
The only way to Reload new Captcha in a quick way is to reset that particular link.

What i would like/love to suggest is a small icon to Zoomin 200% ( Generally an icon of lens with + symbol inside it, in other words usual Zoomin icon) near the X button which is used to stop Countdown,
Another small icon which will simply reset that particular link ( Refer last Para ), By using it ----> TaDa CAPTCHA is Reloaded

YOU : There might exist a feature in your OS or an application that zooms in on screen estate
ME : As i dont know that tools name, I have to search it in Dogpile.com | Search using Copernic Desktop Search . By this time Countdown goes zero and Hosters like Oron.com makes us to wait hours after one try
By that time the The Producer of the movie which i am downloading might have produced a sequel of that Movie

I Dont Request for wait time hack , coz u may say " Did Your Physician said you would DiE in 2 Hours " and i love the sincerity and Loyalty of JD Dev and the way they Respect TOS

3. Integration of Timecode in Link Backup File
-------------------------------------------

YOU : Your OS should know the creation date of every Backup file. Just sort them in your file explorer.
ME : Maybe i am FUNNY but you are CUNNY . That cunning manoeuvres will always lead you to success

Again I know that SuperHero to sort it by 'Date Created On' in Explorer, It would be simply amazing if JD integrates the Time/Date when it was created on the Backup file itself ( !dea inspired from nL!te which enters timecode in its backup)
Implementing such tiny features would simplymake JD an Intelligent Appliance & Every user would be proud of it Br0

4. Obtain Links in Text Format
-----------------------------

You : You can obtain links in text format when you use the Copy URL function.
Me : HOW to do that if i have saved more than 100+ links ????

5. How can i be A Senior Member Like You

----------------------------------------

)- Do i need Grey Hairs Unlike U
)- Do i need Ash tray on My Tabl Unlike U
)- Do i need to learn Java Programming Like U
)- Do i need a Bald Head which shines like a Half Moon when eXposed to sunlight Unlike U
)- Do i need to change my name itself to Senior Member like some girls did in Facebook Unlike ur Girlfriend

Yours Most Lovingly and Most Respectfully --=(Spike.db)=-- daedal.bafflers -[ dbiceberg@in.com ]-

Last edited by dbiceberg; 01.07.2010 at 03:21.
Old 01.07.2010, 11:19
remi

Cool

The devs have repeatedly said that they need to redesign (redevelop) jD's download engine for this and other features. You're not the first who asks this.

2. Captcha Zoom & Reload

Maybe you need some glasses or lenses, but I'm not an ophthalmologist.

Do you know a file host that lets you wait for a new captcha when you didn't recognise it? It happened to me several times, but I never got to wait for a new captcha.

3. Integration of Timecode in Link Backup File

I don't agree.

4. Obtain Links in Text Format

Select all your links (Ctrl-A) and use the right click menu to select Copy URL. Then paste the contents of your clipboard in a text file.

5. How can i be A Senior Member Like You

Just spam the board. If your posts get through all the censorship filters, it might already start at 100 posts, but I'm not sure. Even if you don't have grey hair or are bald, you can't avoid becoming senior.

Last edited by remi; 02.07.2010 at 10:35. Reason: typo
Old 01.07.2010, 15:09
Community Manager

@remi
Information:

We don't (well i don't) cencor anything here, posts can be blocked by the spamblocker but usually i unlock them quite fast.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 01.07.2010, 18:07
dbiceberg

Wink @ REMi

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post

The devs have repeatedly said that they need to redesign (redevelop) jD's download engine for this and other features. You're not the first who asks this.
Thats the right answer and thats wat i need to know Bro
Old 01.07.2010, 18:11
dbiceberg

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Maybe you need dome glasses or lenses, but I'm not an ophthalmologist.
That was an Uproarious Comment
Old 02.07.2010, 10:34
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@remi
Information:

We don't (well i don't) cencor anything here, posts can be blocked by the spamblocker but usually i unlock them quite fast.

GreeZ pspzockerscene
I know you don't. I just wanted to check whether you were still reading my spam.
Old 02.07.2010, 15:33
English Supporter

For captcha reload, just press enter.
Old 18.07.2011, 15:30
major

Default Zoom Captcha Images

Captchas are mostly hard to read and many images are very small.

I would like to see an image zoom option for the Captcha Window.

this includes:
- Option in the settings menu to set the default zoom
- Two Buttons in the captcha popup to decrease and increase zoom (maybe a + and a - symbol)
- Control zoom with a hotkey (maybe CTRL-+ and CTRL-)
- Control zoom with the mousewheel (maybe CTRL and mousewheel)
Old 19.07.2011, 11:42
remi

Customer dbiceberg asked this a year ago. See "New ideas from an INDIAN".
Old 19.07.2011, 17:14
Storm

At least in the nightly version there is a setting for zoom factor. I have it at 125%
Old 20.07.2011, 21:25
major

Glad to hear that, this means that this feature is coming with the next stable version?
Old 21.07.2011, 09:41
JD Manager

once we are ready all the features will come into stable
nightly is just a testing version of a specific svn revision