JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 13.06.2014, 08:45
Rondo

Default Relative download directory paths? (Dual Windows/Ubuntu)

I would like to be able to use the same relative directory path between Windows and Linux, but I am having a difficult time doing so.
I've seen similar questions answered with links to these pages:
  • Feature #1814: Download paths inside the JDownloader directory should be treated as relative
  • Feature #905: fixed (relativ) downloadfolder for portable version
These pages seem to suggest that the feature has been implemented, but every time I change the Download Directory setting in Windows to something like "JDownloads", it is soon changed into "C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\JDownloads".

Then when I boot into Linux and load the program the former Download Directory string gets appended to the current location that JDownloader is running from and ends up becoming something crazy such as "mnt\sda4\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\JDownloads". I've also tried using JDownloader2 as well to see if the behavior was different, but it appears to be the same.

I'll note that I'm using the 64bit version of Java in Windows and OpenJDK 7 in Ubuntu in case that has any relevance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 13.06.2014, 10:49
English Supporter

Hi

for a start let me say thanks for your question. I'd say all those ticket fixes would only be within JDownloader 2, we are unable to release core updates for JDownloader 0.9 and the last core update came out in 2009.

I know JD2 has advanced setting called 'GeneralSettings: Convert Relative Pathes JDRoot' = 'Correct pathes relative to JDownloader root'

Looks like I need to correct that spelling mistake.. putting aside I assume it has something todo with that. Though that is a educated assumption.

JDownloader 2 install instructions and download link http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.06.2014, 12:43
Rondo

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I can't seem to determine the effect of the "GeneralSettings: Convert Relative Pathes" toggle relative to the problem. It's difficult to test it too extensively since I have to do a full system reboot every time I attempt a new combination of values and options. It's also proving to be highly unpredictable, as whether or not I view the standard "General" settings page or whether I use the linkgrabber all affect the directory paths in various ways.

Perhaps if there was a "GeneralSettings: User specified Relative Path" text field that could remain unchanged by the built in directory-corrector and could hold a string such as "JDownloads" (the subdirectory of the jd2 folder I'd like to download to) which could be passed to the "GeneralSettings: Default Download Folder" upon launch of the program, and then be changed accordingly. I don't know how the downloads already on the list could be corrected like that though... Really, I wouldn't be opposed to a pure portable mode that forced all downloads into a predetermined relative subfolder specified by the devs if such a thing were possible. It's all purely speculation since I have no idea of the inner workings of the program.

If anyone has any further suggestions they would be appreciated, and best of luck with the further development of this awesome program I'd like to clarify that I'm now speaking solely about JDownloader2 in this post

Last edited by Rondo; 13.06.2014 at 12:46. Reason: Clarified version being troubleshot
Old 13.06.2014, 16:52
English Supporter

Just asked Appwork, JD relative paths frame only work inside JDownloader install directory. Which is what I kinda remember from previous reading.

raztoki

Old 13.06.2014, 17:52
Rondo

The "JDownloads" subfolder that I am referencing is indeed already inside of the JDownloader program directory that I had specified for the Linux 64 bit installation (the operating system I used to install the program). When I run the program in Windows I simply run the JDownloader.jar file inside of the program directory and hope that it will continue to reference this subfolder only in the sense that it a subfolder of the JDownloader install folder, yet it insists on rewriting the "GeneralSettings: Default Download Folder" entry to be an absolute path rather than a relative one.

Thanks again for the continued support, regardless of our current lack of success
Old 13.06.2014, 20:04
English Supporter

Jiaz said he can assist you further if you email him at support@jdownloader.org

raztoki