JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.09.2017, 06:22
English Supporter

From your log, I showed you where JD saved RGUS files, so you can check inside those folders. I mean, JD has done it's job without error (in this case).
Old 10.09.2017, 16:00
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
From your log, I showed you where JD saved RGUS files, so you can check inside those folders. I mean, JD has done it's job without error (in this case).
never mind but i will repeat my words:
JD create folder on hard disk and report Finish but folder is empty (zero bytes).
this time i don't need to enable hidden files becouse Finder report 0 bytes.
Old 10.09.2017, 16:22
English Supporter

I understand your point of view, but you are the owner, you can check based on other information while I can't, because I don't have Mac. For example, what file should be there? Has JD downloaded it (find it in the log)? Where is it placed?
Old 10.09.2017, 17:43
JD Beta

Quote:
For example, what file should be there? Has JD downloaded it (find it in the log)? Where is it placed?
now i don't understand nothing. i send picture, folder is there where supposed to be but empty.
find in which log? as far as I understand i have only one Log (Create Log) in JD meny but i can't see it, just send.
Old 11.09.2017, 20:09
JD Addict

Please excuse me, but I don't know, whether this could be from interest!
But unfortunately only in german!
www[dot]macwrench[dot]de[slash]wiki[slash]Dateien_und_Ordner_verstecken_und_sch%C3%BCtzen
Is it possible, that JD2 downloads a picture, but MAC OS creates a hidden folder, dependent of the dot at the begining of the file name?
And should be a hidden folder not be empty in MAC Finder?

Something seems different for me, between RGUS and ziege58!
Is it possble, that by RGUS always follows a underscore after the dot?
This seems not by ziege58 for me!

Could be the solution here?
www[dot]westwind[dot]com[slash]reference[slash]OS-X[slash]invisibles[dot]html

And something other:
en[dot]wikipedia[dot]org[slash]wiki[slash]Filename
bis2008[dot]frankbarth[dot]de[slash]pdf[slash]MACundPC[dot]pdf

Last edited by japani; 11.09.2017 at 21:25.
Old 11.09.2017, 21:28
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by japani View Post
Is it possible, that JD2 download a picture, but MAC OS creates a hidden folder, dependent of the dot at the begining of the file name?
And should be a hidden folder not be empty in MAC Finder?
is it possible that i said that already few times? in RGUS case, folders are on hard disk but images didnt and in ziege58 case folders and images are on hard but images are hidden. still, on hard disk, thats important.
RGUS names are like .:: NAME ::.
ziege58 names: ...!? or ... and now?
Old 12.09.2017, 04:34
JD Addict

Oh, excuse me I have only seen this:
ton2long wrote:
"@prepametan

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#92
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/YOU'RE PUSHING IT by RGUS/._ YOU'RE PUSHING IT _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BABY I LOVE YOU by RGUS/._ BABY. I LOVE YOU _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/BLUE MOON by RGUS/._ BLUE MOON _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/Borg Wars by RGUS/._ Borg Wars _. by RGUS.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/YOU'RE PUSHING IT by RGUS/._ YOU'RE PUSHING IT _. by RGUS.jpg

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...page=5&post#93
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/! by ziege58/.!_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/on the couch by ziege58/on the couch by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/relax by ziege58/relax by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/and now by ziege58/. and now_ by ziege58.jpg
Used path: /Volumes/SD-Card/jdownloader/two girls by ziege58/two girls by ziege58.jpg"

What's about ":"?
Is this possibly also a forbidden sign in a file name for MAC OS?

And you have shown also a difference: ".::"
Is this possible?
Old 12.09.2017, 16:16
English Supporter

Actually JD renames that .: to ._ so for that particular file:
/HOW TO RENDER IN POSER by RGUS/._ HOW TO RENDER IN POSER _. by RGUS.jpg

Since prepametan doesn't want to find out more, my conclusion is that Mac removes file with ._ at front of file name.
Old 12.09.2017, 18:39
JD Addict

@ tony2long
Do I understand it right, that JD2 does creats for MAC OS, for every picture a own folder?
Or is this a setting, which I have missed?
Old 12.09.2017, 18:50
English Supporter

Must be a setting, but I never do it.
Old 13.09.2017, 04:48
JD Beta

Quote:
Since prepametan doesn't want to find out more, my conclusion is that Mac removes file with ._ at front of file name.
after a few days of intensive sleep my brain work again. even i rememered colon sign brain refused to accept the fact for that. sorry for this, guys. i brought in an unnecessary panic. only two forbbiden sign and RGUS use both in that combination.

Quote:
Do I understand it right, that JD2 does creats for MAC OS, for every picture a own folder?
Or is this a setting, which I have missed?
not for gallery, just for individual links. default settings.

tony, as i said before, i'm pretty satisfied with 'html-name' option. now, when i finally understand forbidden sign problem i still can open galley list in JD and rename files manually. if you solve this with future core update it's ok but if not i still will be satisfied. thanks for your effort and understanding
Old 13.09.2017, 13:37
JD Manager

@prepametan: can you provide example links, then I will also take a look at this.
Old 13.09.2017, 14:40
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@prepametan: can you provide example links, then I will also take a look at this.
Spoiler:

**External links are only visible to Supporters****External links are only visible to Supporters**
**External links are only visible to Supporters****External links are only visible to Supporters**

ok, you can see but we finally concluded my mistake. on Mac, name can't have dot on begining of name and colon anywhere in text. i just tested
ziege58.deviantart.com/art/and-now-530975539
and looks like that JD already replace ? (question mark) becouse win name can't have that sign in name. it's ok but now you just have to make three JD versions for this (win, mac, unix)

Last edited by raztoki; 17.09.2017 at 03:53.
Old 13.09.2017, 14:51
English Supporter

its not about the different versions, we just have single version with os specific handling. For instance if windows do this, if unix do this.

handling at this core would be best move forward.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.09.2017, 17:36
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
its not about the different versions, we just have single version with os specific handling. For instance if windows do this, if unix do this.

handling at this core would be best move forward.

raztoki
< (less than)
> (greater than)
: (colon)
" (double quote)
/ (forward slash)
\ (backslash)
| (vertical bar or pipe)
? (question mark)
* (asterisk)

and becouse win can't use that signs all others must to suffer? i'm kidding, Real image name is still much better and looks nicer even without those sign.

p.s. i replied becouse have question. before few min JD report some small update, i update and now i have problem with JD. i didn't manage to HIDE JD app and i minimize JD window in Dock but now i can't back it. i'm still new on Forum (and confused), where did i supposed to post question about this?
Old 13.09.2017, 19:52
JD Addict

I don't know if this could be from interest!
bis2008[dot]frankbarth[dot]de[slash]pdf[slash]MACundPC[dot]pdf

Only a try, to translate the last two segments of "Tipps" from the MACundPC.pdf document:
"All users should not make use for the selection of the file names from Country-specific umlauts, spaces or special characters.
As special characters are only allowed the underscore as well as the point at extentions."

I have also read, that spaces on the end of file names for Windows are not allowed,
Old 13.09.2017, 20:47
JD Beta

Quote:
I don't know if this could be from interest!
wow, [] was funny (maybe) first time...
if you are interested
Illegal Characters on Various Operating Systems
=> kb.acronis.com/content/39790
Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces (Windows)
=> msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx

Quote:
"All users should not make use for the selection of the file names from Country-specific umlauts, spaces or special characters.
As special characters are only allowed the underscore as well as the point at extentions."
"not make use"??? didn't DL or translate but i have no comment for that, except.
Old 16.09.2017, 18:09
JD Beta

hm, just asking. i DL vico444 gallery as 'html-name' and found 17 pictures with more 'breaking space' in name. ok that's <title> tag but in HTML page name is OK with just one. if you some day make full core version for this can you add option to JD "reduce" more repetitive "space" characters on just one?

example
**External links are only visible to Supporters****External links are only visible to Supporters** guy-607881783
**External links are only visible to Supporters****External links are only visible to Supporters** <- 18 spaces!!!!

Last edited by raztoki; 17.09.2017 at 03:52.
Old 18.09.2017, 14:50
JD Beta

JD still don't DL SWF files with 'html-name'. that's not a big problem if SWF have normal name but files with DA generic name not worth anything. example:
real title name => charlotte 2.0 nude kneeing mirrors animation by bobbyfisher272
DA generic name => eda3241a98b4913aea46e5977581b69e-dar8975.swf
log => 18.09.17 14.42.15 <--> 18.09.17 14.42.29 jdlog://2718514015941/

Last edited by tony2long; 20.09.2017 at 08:28.
Old 20.09.2017, 08:27
English Supporter

Fixed swf file name from title, please try again after plugin update.
Hope I didn't break the plugin.
Btw, do you have example link of "status"?