JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.03.2017, 15:39
Mega Loader

Lightbulb "file not found" retry timeout option please!

Yes I have bad connection, and it frequently gives me "file not found" error instead of "connection problem" (but along with it), so I have to manually click "force download" like 10 times on each file before it actually starts downloading

please make an option to not stop trying to download when "file not found" is met
Old 05.03.2017, 00:36
English Supporter

file not found on the hoster side already stops the process of downloading. The only time it wouldn't is if you use force download which is intended behaviour, or at least as I remember it.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 05.03.2017, 03:13
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
file not found on the hoster side stops the process of downloading.
That's what I said... my suggestion is to make it NOT STOP the downloading, because I have to manually click 10+ times on each file "force download" after that so it would start downloading again

Suggestion: give users an option to NOT STOP downloading after this error so I won't have to manually click "force download" many many times on the file
Old 05.03.2017, 05:58
English Supporter

why not use JD how its intended as in don't use force download?
use right click resume which should remove any exceptions which will allow standard download mode.

raztoki

Old 05.03.2017, 14:09
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
why not use JD how its intended as in don't use force download?
use right click resume which should remove any exceptions which will allow standard download mode.

raztoki
if it does the same thing why bother choosing? those buttons are close... (plus I think resume won't start the download it if was last download in the list, you'd also have to click "start downloads" after that)

anyway when it's intended to click something 10x+ times just for it to start downloading it is not nice
Old 05.03.2017, 14:29
English Supporter

I understand your point of view, it results with many issues as JD is not designed to be used in that manner. Hence the approach in my responses, even though you like to bang your head against the wall *grins*.

design:
force download is only meant to be used over and above your current max sim dl.
and
if the plugin has issues, you can clear exceptions and start download over max sim

else you are meant to use standard start which manages the queue for you vs micro managing it yourself. which you need todo if you keep force starting and not using standard download mode.

raztoki

Old 05.03.2017, 15:52
Mega Loader

I believe adding a simple checkbox option to not stop download on "file not found" error would be fairy easy and wouldn't bring any issues especially to those who wouldn't activate this option.
Old 06.03.2017, 17:34
JD Manager

Please provide a logfile, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post the shown logID. Because plugins should not throw *file not found* when connection issues appear. So we have to fix the plugin to show correct error instead of adding some nasty "retry file offline error" handling. Also you did not state once what plugin has this issue, so it's little hard to check/fix something.
Old 07.03.2017, 02:23
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Please provide a logfile, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
and post the shown logID. Because plugins should not throw *file not found* when connection issues appear. So we have to fix the plugin to show correct error instead of adding some nasty "retry file offline error" handling. Also you did not state once what plugin has this issue, so it's little hard to check/fix something.
Here you are: 07.03.17 02.58.00 <--> 07.03.17 03.21.48 jdlog://9757479150841/ (look at the end of the log)

after continuous clicking "resume" all downloaded fine after "file not found" errors... just please don't say again "it's not a bug, it's a feature" thing and add the option, pretty please

Last edited by Owyn; 07.03.2017 at 02:29.
Old 07.03.2017, 17:12
JD Manager

Fixed Bato Plugin. It catched the IO exceptions and treated them as 'File Offline'
In case you encounter this behaviour on another plugin, please report here and provide a logfile so we can check/update the plugin again.
Old 13.03.2017, 23:08
Mega Loader

Thx for the fix.

But here's another error which cancels retrying: "no connection available", and with even more complicated resuming - when i click resume\unskip\force\anything on the whole package it unskips just few files and rest are still skipped untill I unskip again for next few files

13.03.17 23.55.19 <--> 14.03.17 00.07.33 jdlog://5469679150841/
Old 14.03.2017, 12:43
JD Manager

I can see MANY MANY connection issues. And "no connection available" results because there is no *valid/working* connection left to use.
Old 14.03.2017, 16:05
Mega Loader

I see those too, but the problem is that I must click countless times "resume" manually for this downloader to _automatically_ download all files in the package

as you can see from the log all downloads in the package got downloaded successfully in the end (with the help of my intensively clicking "resume" button)

Please fix this error the same way you fixed "file not found" error above or just make this one error auto-retry