JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.02.2012, 18:55
computermonster computermonster is offline
Mega Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default JD Shutdown is not working

Under settings>Plugins & Add-ons>Extensions "JD Shutdown".is checked.

Under settings>Plugins & Add-ons>Extensions>JD Shutdown
Mode: Shutdown
"Force Shutdown (Not for all OS)" is checked

I am using Windows 7.

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.02.2012 at 12:41.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06.02.2012, 10:42
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 60,351
Default

does the shutdown dialog appear?
did you enable it in menubar-addons-jdshutdown

please provide a logfile
http://support.jdownloader.org/index...&kbarticleid=8
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07.02.2012, 12:37
computermonster computermonster is offline
Mega Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
does the shutdown dialog appear?
did you enable it in menubar-addons-jdshutdown
I enabled jdshutown in menubar>Addon

jdShutdown works fine now!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12.02.2012, 18:02
notnow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

JD shutdown, doesn't work with Java 6 update 30, it works just to Java 6 update 26 maybe, i'm not sure, i tested on update 24 it works ok.

Did you solve this problem of JD shutdown and conflict with java 6 update 30? Simple javaw.exe file block OS to shutdown automatically after finished downloading, and it request manuall to kill this process, and then it process shutdown of OS ?

Thanks!

Greetings

p.s.
i didn't open new thread, to avoid multiple threads about similary question.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12.02.2012, 18:31
computermonster computermonster is offline
Mega Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnow View Post
JD shutdown, doesn't work with Java 6 update 30, it works just to Java 6 update 26 maybe, i'm not sure, i tested on update 24 it works ok.

Did you solve this problem of JD shutdown and conflict with java 6 update 30? Simple javaw.exe file block OS to shutdown automatically after finished downloading, and it request manuall to kill this process, and then it process shutdown of OS ?

Thanks!

Greetings

p.s.
i didn't open new thread, to avoid multiple threads about similary question.
Try this:

In run command: shutdown -s -f -t 3600

The above command will force the shutdown operation [ -f is for force ] after

3600 seconds [ -t 3600 is for 3600 second time ]

Replace the time as per your requirement.

This is not the exact solution but will get the job done.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.02.2012, 10:03
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 60,351
Default

its a java internal bug that came up after update 24 -26, all versions above don't close themselves anymore on windows shutdown
we will try to find a solution to this on our next major update
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14.02.2012, 18:15
notnow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by computermonster View Post
Try this:

In run command: shutdown -s -f -t 3600

The above command will force the shutdown operation [ -f is for force ] after

3600 seconds [ -t 3600 is for 3600 second time ]

Replace the time as per your requirement.

This is not the exact solution but will get the job done.
Thanks for advice, i know for that dos commands, that's not problem for me, but that's not solution, cause when i add links, i don't know always how much time will take download, you know there are many factors, like stability of hosting service, speed, problems with connection, ISP, etc etc. , i can schedule some .bat file to do this job, but that's not solution, solution is necessary by JD directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
its a java internal bug that came up after update 24 -26, all versions above don't close themselves anymore on windows shutdown
we will try to find a solution to this on our next major update

Yes Jiaz, you are right, after update 26, this problem happens... I hope you'll fix in next major update, hope will be soon that major update ... Until that happens, i'll stay to java update 26 ...

Thanks!

Greetings
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22.07.2012, 19:05
cygnusx-1 cygnusx-1 is offline
Super Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
its a java internal bug that came up after update 24 -26, all versions above don't close themselves anymore on windows shutdown
we will try to find a solution to this on our next major update
I use java 7 update 5 with win 7 x64 and my jd does not shutdown my computer.
jd shows the shutdown countdown but my machine is not turn off when the countdown is finished.
Any solution?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22.07.2012, 20:41
raztoki's Avatar
raztoki raztoki is offline
English Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 15,980
Default

use an older java, as indicated within this thread. Use at your own risk!!

or

shutdown manually. Coalado has included shutdown now within JD2 you could also try out that version.

JDownloader 2 install instructions and download link http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365
__________________
raztoki @ jDownloader reporter/developer
http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/170

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22.07.2012, 21:45
cygnusx-1 cygnusx-1 is offline
Super Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
use an older java, as indicated within this thread. Use at your own risk!!

or

shutdown manually. Coalado has included shutdown now within JD2 you could also try out that version.

JDownloader 2 install instructions and download link http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365
java 6 update 21 solved the problem.
I cant update jd 2, "busy server".
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23.07.2012, 16:07
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 60,351
Default

update server is up again
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:53.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.