JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.08.2018, 09:39
Wind Gust

Default Extraction error (rar files)

Tonight I started getting extraction errors when downloading rar files. The only samples I have are from Mega downloads. I seem to recall this was a problem in the past but I couldn't find that thread. I think this may have started with the most recent update.

So is this a problem others are having or something, perhaps with the most recent update? Or is just my problem?

Last edited by xyzzy-xyzzy; 01.08.2018 at 10:06.
Old 01.08.2018, 10:57
JD Manager

Very likely those are RAR5 archives, see
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=71069
Old 01.08.2018, 22:15
Wind Gust

I inserted those referenced rar files (sevenzipjbinding1509.jar and sevenzipjbinding1509Mac.jar) into my Mac's (up to date) JDownloader into the libs folder as directed. This is the app bundle folder that already contains sevenzipjbinding.jar and sevenzipjbinding.jar. The good news, no more extraction error and it appears to extract when watching the downloads panel. The bad news, it doesn't extract anything. It's as if it goes through the motions but doesn't generate the extracted file (or I guess it does to produce the resulting .rar file but doesn't expand the rar). Fortunately the rar file remains so I can extract it myself.

If this is all experimental can a setting be added to enable and disable this newer rar stuff so I can continue to use JD2 as if this new rar stuff was never added? Basically I want to put JD2 back the way it was before this newer rar stuff was added.

Come to think of it, are there some new settings I have to set associated with this new rar stuff?

Last edited by xyzzy-xyzzy; 01.08.2018 at 22:20.
Old 02.08.2018, 09:40
JD Manager

Please provide logs, https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
Wait for extraction to finish/abort and then create a log and post logID here.

You can simply remove those 2 new jar files and JDownloader will revert back to use old extraction library. But I don't think the library is the cause of your problem. Please provide a log, then we will know more.
I can also offer help via Teamviewer, so we can check this out together. Just contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 02.08.2018, 11:59
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You can simply remove those 2 new jar files and JDownloader will revert back to use old extraction library. But I don't think the library is the cause of your problem. Please provide a log, then we will know more.
Not sure I followed the instructions properly. Does JD2 automatically send the log to you after I click OK to the "Please send this log ID to your supporter"? If so you may have gotten a bunch of logs. But the one to look at (assuming it did send you the stuff is jdlog://5975164433151).

When I reported this problem I didn't know about those two new jar files so obviously they weren't installed. JD2 worked on those Mega rars after every update up to the point of that update the other day. Then it stopped. All the new jars accomplished after installing them in was that there is no extraction error where before there was after that update.

I recall there was some similar problem with Mega rars in the past. Had something to do with the rar.encrypted extensions on the file. But I don't remember the details.

I am not going to worry about this too much. First Mega seems to be the only one I use that has these kind of rar files (with that rar.encrypted suffix). I have no problem "manually" extracting the resulting .rar that JD2 produces.

Second, JD2 is no longer as convenient (for me) as it once was due to all the layers of captcha's sites are requiring. Since I use Firefox 48.0.2 (can't/won't update beyond that) and the JD2 captcha addon-on doesn't support that version I have to explicitly use the web pages, ads and all (since I can't enable my ad blockers either), to work my way through the captcha pages. By that point I end up using the browser to download although there are some sites where I can copy the resulting download link to get it into JD2.
Old 02.08.2018, 12:13
JD Manager

Library fails to load because of
UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Volumes/main/Environments/Communications/Comm Apps/Download Managers/JDownloader 2/JDownloader.app/Contents/java/app/tmp/7zip/SevenZipJBinding-K61JbF6ClgiJ/lib7-Zip-JBinding.dylib:
Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib .....

I guess your MacOS is too old, 10.6.7.
Either you find a way to install that required libc++ or you have to remove the two installed .jars so JDownloader
can continue to use old/working extraction library.
Old 02.08.2018, 12:15
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy-xyzzy View Post
Second, JD2 is no longer as convenient (for me) as it once was due to all the layers of captcha's sites are requiring. Since I use Firefox 48.0.2 (can't/won't update beyond that) and the JD2 captcha addon-on doesn't support that version I have to explicitly use the web pages, ads and all (since I can't enable my ad blockers either), to work my way through the captcha pages. By that point I end up using the browser to download although there are some sites where I can copy the resulting download link to get it into JD2.
The extension is the only solution for JDownloader to handle those RecaptchaV2. Firefox 48 is supported by lightweight RecaptchaV2 only version of the extension, see https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/. There you'll find 48+ version of the extension
Old 02.08.2018, 12:17
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy-xyzzy View Post
I am not going to worry about this too much. First Mega seems to be the only one I use that has these kind of rar files (with that rar.encrypted suffix). I have no problem "manually" extracting the resulting .rar that JD2 produces.
It has nothing to do with mega or .encrypted stuff. It's just that JDownloader doesn't support newer RAR5 archives out-of-the-box and requires updated extraction library that is either incompatible with your old MacOS version (missing /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib ) or you just have to install the missing files.
Old 03.08.2018, 08:55
Wind Gust

Quote:
I guess your MacOS is too old, 10.6.7.
Either you find a way to install that required libc++ or you have to remove the two installed .jars so JDownloader can continue to use old/working extraction library.
Extraction for other sites appears to still be working with both the old and new rars installed. The only thing that the new rars accomplish is that no extraction error is reported with with those Mega downloads. If I see problem then I'll know to remove them.

Java for 10.6.7 is version 1.6.0_24. I can't just stick a library from another version of a later java into mine and expect it to still run. So that's a non-starter.

Quote:
The extension is the only solution for JDownloader to handle those RecaptchaV2. Firefox 48 is supported by lightweight RecaptchaV2 only version of the extension, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**.... There you'll find 48+ version of the extension
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with mega or .encrypted stuff. It's just that JDownloader doesn't support newer RAR5 archives out-of-the-box and requires updated extraction library that is either incompatible with your old MacOS version (missing /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib ) or you just have to install the missing files.
I'm not worrying about rar5 decryption. I have my own extractor that I built which use the latest rar from **External links are only visible to Support Staff**rarlib.

Ok, it is what it is. I fully expect I will be left behind by stuff as time goes on. Java is just next on "the list". It was nice while it lasted. I will now have to be careful of backing up my current JD2 before I attempt any new updates. Wish I had done that before the update that introduce the problem in the first place.
Old 03.08.2018, 11:25
JD Manager

It's not about java, libc++ is a system library that doesn't exist on your system but is required by the newer extraction library.

The extraction issue you encounter is not connected to Java! We use the extraction binding to 7zip from boris, see github.com/borisbrodski/sevenzipjbinding and the provided mac version from him has dependencies that only exist on newer mac versions. Maybe you can try and compile the library yourself.

JDownloader sill supports old Java 1.6 and at the moment there are no plans to stop support for that version.
It also has nothing to do with JD updates.

The issue you encounter is caused by newer RAR5 archives which are not supported by extraction library and requires newer version of extraction library but the compiled version I got from boris (developer of the library) has dependencies to newer MacOS Version.

Solution:
1.) delete those new installed 2 jar files from libs folder and JDownloader will use old working extraction library without RAR5 support
2.) try to compile newer version of that library yourself and hopefully it works then
or
3.) manually extract RAR5 supports as they fly by
Old 03.08.2018, 14:03
Wind Gust

I could use a some hints if possible to try to avoid a lot of experimentation. I download the sevenzipjbinding sources from github. I apparently built it and ran the tests all successfully according to instructions. At this point I have (among a lot of other stuff) in the build directory:

Mac-x86_64/lib7-Zip-JBinding.dylib
jbinding-cpp/lib7-Zip-JBinding.dylib

And when I go through the make package step I see the following in the resulting expanded zip:

lib/sevenzipjbinding-Mac-x86_64.jar
lib/sevenzipjbinding.jar

But oddly (?) not the dylib's.

So my question is where would these things go to even attempt to make sevenzipjbinding1509Mac.jar and sevenzipjbinding1509.jar "happy"? And which ones are actually needed?

Normally in 10.6.x the dylibs would go into /usr/lib or /user/local/lib. Not sure if the .jars are needed or where they would go either (maybe /usr/share/java). I could experiment with these various places but it would take time so I'm hoping you may have some suggestions.

Of course this may all be academic if it still actually needs /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib. My system doesn't have that dylib.
Old 03.08.2018, 16:32
JD Manager

It's important to build the branch migrate-to-15.09-try2
Did you build that branch?
If you could build the library without error, chances are high that the libc++ library is not required by your build.
rename
sevenzipjbinding.jar to sevenzipjbinding1509.jar
and
sevenzipjbinding-Mac-x86_64.jar to sevenzipjbinding1509Mac.jar

and place/overwrite those into JDownloader/libs folder

Then start JDownloader and check if extraction still works.
Old 03.08.2018, 20:18
Wind Gust

Is that all you do to install this, i.e., just rename the two .jar's and install them into JD2? That looks simple enough. Well it did except for the fact that you said I should build the migrate-to-15.09-try2 branch. What I successfully built was the main branch (master). Unfortunately the build failed trying to build the migrate-to-15.09-try2 branch. Oh well. Was worth a shot. Thanks.
Old 06.08.2018, 12:43
JD Manager

Yes, JDownloader has special handling to autodetect *differen filename scheme* and prever thouse files over default ones.
What error do you get when you try to compile the "migrate-to-15.09-try2" branch?
Can you provide console output? Maybe I can help
Old 07.08.2018, 09:28
Wind Gust

Thanks in advance for looking at this. There might be a better way to show you this terminal output but embeddihg it as code seemed to be the first thing to come to mind. I bolded the command lines.

Just as a reminder, when I build sevenzipjbinding-master the build completes and so do the tests (ctest).

A quick look at the errors here may be due to some flags are missing in the build to treat these errors as warnings or the main branch is just cleaned up so that these errors never occur. I don't have the log for the main branch build at the moment to see what it reports at this early point in the build, if anything.

Code:
~/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2 (573): cmake .
-- Checking java compile
-- Checking java compile - ok
-- Checking java system properties
-- Checking java compile - ok (arch: x86_64, system: Mac)
---- Mac OS X ----
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE  
-- Compiling on posix system: Darwin

Build type: , platform: Mac-x86_64

Java VM: /usr/bin/java
Java compiler: /usr/bin/javac
Java header compiler: /usr/bin/javah
Java documentation tool: /usr/bin/javadoc
Java archiver: /usr/bin/jar
MinGW: No
MinGW-32: No
MinGW-64: No
APPLE: 1
Output package: ./sevenzipjbinding-15.09-2.01beta-Mac-x86_64.zip

Type 'make' to compile
Type 'ctest' to run tests (it could take up to 90 minutes on a slow CPU)
Type 'make package' to build a distribution package

-- Prepare for testing
-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev):
  Policy CMP0042 is not set: MACOSX_RPATH is enabled by default.  Run "cmake
  --help-policy CMP0042" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy command to
  set the policy and suppress this warning.

MACOSX_RPATH is not specified for the following targets:

7-Zip-JBinding

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2

~/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2 (574): make
Scanning dependencies of target sevenzipjbinding-jar
[  0%] core
[  1%] target
[  1%] Built target sevenzipjbinding-jar
[  1%] javah: generating h-files from java classes net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip;net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.impl.InArchiveImpl;net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.impl.OutArchiveImpl
Scanning dependencies of target 7-Zip-JBinding
[  1%] Building CXX object jbinding-cpp/CMakeFiles/7-Zip-JBinding.dir/Debug.cpp.o
[  2%] Building CXX object jbinding-cpp/CMakeFiles/7-Zip-JBinding.dir/JNITools.cpp.o
In file included from /Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/JNITools.cpp:3:
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:12: error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member ‘ptr’
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:12: error: making ‘ptr’ static
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h: In instantiation of ‘WithStackBuffer<short unsigned int>’:
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:38:   instantiated from here
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:12: error: invalid in-class initialization of static data member of non-integral type ‘short unsigned int*’
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h: In instantiation of ‘WithStackBuffer<wchar_t>’:
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:98:   instantiated from here
/Volumes/main/x/Desktop/sevenzipjbinding-migrate-to-15.09-try2/jbinding-cpp/UnicodeHelper.h:12: error: invalid in-class initialization of static data member of non-integral type ‘wchar_t*’
make[2]: *** [jbinding-cpp/CMakeFiles/7-Zip-JBinding.dir/JNITools.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [jbinding-cpp/CMakeFiles/7-Zip-JBinding.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Last edited by xyzzy-xyzzy; 07.08.2018 at 09:34.
Old 07.08.2018, 09:46
JD Manager

Hmm, maybe you could ask boris for help (author of the library) see
sourceforge.net/p/sevenzipjbind/discussion/

I just found the following info:
Maybe your compiler is too old or you have to turn on C++11 features somehow.
Old 08.08.2018, 05:29
Wind Gust

My gcc compiler displays,

i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

Can't remember anymore whether it supports that particular C++ stuff or not. It's strange that the main (master) branch builds but this migrate-to-15.09-try2 branch doesn't. Is the main (master) branch so different?

At any rate I took your suggestion and just posted to the sevenzipjbind help forum (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**link). Have to wait and see what they say, if anything (other than "update your system").
Old 08.08.2018, 08:51
JD Manager

The main branch is VERY old (the current extraction library used in JDownloader)
The "migrate-to-15.09-try2" contains never version that supports RAR5 archives.
I'm sure boris will try to help you IF there is a possibility to get it compiled on your system.