JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.10.2016, 12:49
madcowpig

Default FileFactory SHA-1 turns back to MD5 adopt checksums issue

Basically, FileFactory has MD5 within it's system to begin with. If I use Adopt Checksums to give the links SHA-1 and start the downloads, it reverts back to MD5. If the link says server too busy and starts a count down timer, it also reverts back to MD5. Anytime the links have to do some kind of change, they revert back to MD5. This happens with both free and free account. At the moment I can't create a log because JD is too busy, but when it's done I will recreate and post a log. In the mean time you can try to recreate the issue with these links (I got small files for quick testing),

Spoiler:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Old 19.10.2016, 13:59
Community Manager

Ticket:

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 19.10.2016, 14:08
JD Manager

Because Filefactory offers its own MD5 hash it will set/use it.
There are two possible solutions I can think of

1.) manually set/adopted checksums will not be overwritten by plugin
2.) *strongest* checksum wins. So in case you adopt/set a SHA256 and plugin tries to set MD5, the SHA256 will be kept.

What solution do you prefer?
Old 19.10.2016, 15:30
madcowpig

Quote:
Because Filefactory offers its own MD5 hash it will set/use it.
So does RapidGator, but when I use Adopt Checksums it does not revert back to it's offered MD5. At least in my past experience, if it's changed, then correct me.

Quote:
There are two possible solutions I can think of

1.) manually set/adopted checksums will not be overwritten by plugin
2.) *strongest* checksum wins. So in case you adopt/set a SHA256 and plugin tries to set MD5, the SHA256 will be kept.

What solution do you prefer?
Please help me understand this better. Option two sounds like the current Adopt Checksums feature, which also gives the "strongest" checksum. If this is the case, then I prefer option two. Option one I'm confused what you mean by manually? Like copy and paste? If that's what you mean, then I definitely don't prefer option one, since I can't waste time copy and pasting over one hundred links.

Also I see this,

in the ticket history. Listen, this isn't that serious of an issue, so if you don't want to work on it, because you're busy with other issues, that's fine. I don't use FileFactory like that, since it's slow for free. I just made this report in case someone else needed it. I noticed the bug and thought I'd bring it to the attention of everyone here. I already use a workaround for the extremely rare times I use FileFactory, disable SHA-1 links, add to download list, wait for all FileFactory links to finish, then adopt checksums from the disabled links, then manually start CRC. Also, there is a way bigger issue in the FileFactory plugin that I've been testing to make sure isn't a fluke, which is far more problematic than this issue (Last two downloads never start, because two downloads try to start simultaneously. Will report after confirmation with recreation.). Yeah, so you can definitively skip this request, until someone else asks for it. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Side note: Somebody please answer this question. When I made my first thread about uploading.site, UploadRocket and clicknupload.link, I put it in "International Support" "JDownloader 2" because it says in the English Support,

and I use JD2. But it got moved to "English Support" "Host Plugin Reports". This time I put this FileFactory thread in the "English Support" "Host Plugin Reports" and it got moved to "International Support" "JDownloader 2". This seems like a contradiction to me. I asked in my first thread, why it got moved, but never got an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowpig View Post
Lastly I see my thread was moved. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place. I was going to put it here, but then I saw, "NO posts concerning JD2! Please use International Support." So I put it in there instead. Is that message outdated? Is there a guide to the proper sections? It would be helpful for the future. Thanks.
Old 19.10.2016, 15:32
madcowpig

BTW, I just wanna know about the sections, so I don't waste anyone's time. I wanna put it in the correct place the first time.
Old 19.10.2016, 15:36
madcowpig

Most importantly, as always, thanks for the response.
Old 19.10.2016, 15:40
JD Manager

Rapidgator is the same but ONLY when not using premium with api. In all other cases the same happens.
The adopt method simply sets all available/known checksums and Sha256 is the last one. So it will be set if available. But plugins can still change it any time. There is no support to pin a hash at the moment. That's what I offered two possible solutions
Solution also includes Adopt feature
1.) once adopt OR manually set, it will never change by plugin any more
2.) *strongest* hash will be used
Old 19.10.2016, 15:57
madcowpig

Quote:
Rapidgator is the same but ONLY when not using premium with api. In all other cases the same happens.
I see, thank you for the wisdom, sensei.

Quote:
The adopt method simply sets all available/known checksums and Sha256 is the last one. So it will be set if available. But plugins can still change it any time. There is no support to pin a hash at the moment. That's what I offered two possible solutions
I understood this part already. Here's where I'm confused,

Quote:
Solution also includes Adopt feature
1.) once adopt OR manually set, it will never change by plugin any more
2.) *strongest* hash will be used
So option one I can adopt checksums and use copy and paste and it will stick, correct?

In option two if I adopt a lesser value than the one offered by the host, JD will go by the host?

Listen, you choose for me. I want the most strongest check available, so if that's option two, then option two it is. If not, then option one it is. The reason I'm confused is because, option one has adopt checksum, which adopts the "strongest" hash, so option two sounds redundant to me, but I'm sure you didn't put something redundant, so I'm clearly missing something. HAHAHA
Old 19.10.2016, 16:04
JD Manager

Correct, that's the idea
So which one would you prefer?
Old 19.10.2016, 16:08
madcowpig

This is scary for me. I hate decisions. I think I choose option one, because everyone strives to be number one in life.
Old 20.10.2016, 14:14
JD Manager

Check again with next update. Please note that you only *fresh* adopted or manually set hashes wont be overwritten
Old 20.10.2016, 16:36
madcowpig

Quote:
Check again with next update. Please note that you only *fresh* adopted or manually set hashes wont be overwritten
Cool, thank you. What do you mean by fresh? What's considered non-"fresh"?
Old 20.10.2016, 16:38
JD Manager

All hashes before the update don't have the *forced* flag and may still be overwritten by plugins
Old 20.10.2016, 16:40
madcowpig

Quote:
All hashes before the update don't have the *forced* flag and may still be overwritten by plugins
Okay, thank you. I should have known, this is the message you always tell everyone before an update.
Old 20.10.2016, 16:43
madcowpig

Also, does this update apply to all hosters? I ask because this is an "[Wait for JD2 Core Update]" update, not a plugin only update.
Old 20.10.2016, 17:04
JD Manager

It's independant of hoster
Old 21.10.2016, 11:52
madcowpig

Quote:
It's independant of hoster
Awesome. I'll test it later.
Old 22.10.2016, 01:14
madcowpig

I couldn't test earlier, because I had some DNS issues. After I fixed it, I can confirm this is working now. Thank you, very much.
Old 24.10.2016, 10:11
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!